• Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.



HeatherG23 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 7:28:25 PM(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/14/2009(UTC)
Posts: 156
United States
Location: SouthEast Wisc

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 75 post(s)
I took this photo after catching my dog trying to look out the window to see where I was. I went outside for a few minutes. She didn’t get far with the blinds shut. She’s sitting on top of a Kleenex box which was on my printer. That dog loves to climb.

Paper: Basic Grey, Wisteria Jardin
The Paper Studio, Cosmo Foliage
Bazzill Basics Paper, Berry Pretty…I call it Lilac Dots because it has small dots all over.

Cricut Cartridges: Home Décor, Fabulous Finds, Storybook
Distress Ink: Dusty Concord and Felt Ink Applicator Tool by Ranger
Zig glue pen
Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Eggplant (purple) and Citrus (green)
Versamark Chalk Ink, Dew Drops: Spring Pansy (purple) and Aloe Vera (green)
8 white flowers
The Paper Studio Gems

Circle: 10 inches
Rectangles: 2.389 x 10.595
Their Matting: 2.516 x 10.722
BUSTED: 1 inch high by 4 inch wide
Journaling Strips: .50 x 2.75 inches

I created this sketch on Cricut’s Design Studio. I cut out the circle, the 2 rectangles along with their matting. I decided to add a little something to the rectangles so I cut out some flourishes from the Home Décor cartridges. I placed 2 on each one. I used the same paper as the rectangles. To make them stand out a little more, after attaching them I took some Dusty Concord Distress ink and VERY lightly ran it across the Flourishes. Just so they’re slightly more visible.

Then I added some flowers, which started out as white. I found something out accidently. I wanted to know how 1 of the flowers looked with Chalk ink on them. So I added some of the lilac ink to one of them then after adding the Eggplant Adirondack Alcohol ink, it acted as a resist. So the lilac ink did show through which made the flower look 2-toned. I did that with all the flowers, including the green ones. I added green chalk ink and Citrus Adirondack ink to them. To finish those off, I added button to the centers.

I added the title using the Storybook Cricut Cartridge….”BUSTED”
I also added the 4 journaling strips that say “Dolly, caught red-handed”.

The CUT file for this layout can be found at the last Layout in this post. You can also see ALL the layouts in this album….

scraphappybette Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 07, 2011 8:00:54 PM(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/15/2008(UTC)
Posts: 361
Location: somewhere in Indiana, MQ P7 #176, JJBS P156 #4688

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 48 post(s)
oh my gosh!! How cute!! (and your layout too!!Laugh )
♥Carol♥ Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:03:06 PM(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 9,060
Location: Disney World Country

Thanks: 427 times
Was thanked: 2766 time(s) in 2202 post(s)
OHHHHHHHHH ... this is so darn adorable. Talk about your Kodak moments!!! Definitely a scrap worthy photo. BTW, this LO is gorgeous ... love those papers!
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2015, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.342 seconds.