Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

notforkitties Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:50:26 AM(UTC)
notforkitties

Groups: Registered

I see a lot of great projects for cards on here so I thought I'd share a non-card idea.

My DSD is a freshman taking World Geography. They had a project to create a travel poster about a place in Mexico to present to the class. She & her friend picked Mazatlan, which means "land of the deer." I told her, "The Cindy Loo Cartridge has a cute deer shape!" and let it go, teenagers after all do best when left to make their own minds up. Last night she asked if I would show her how to use the Cricut!Love With guidance she cut out the deer frame, and then picked out and cut tree1, letters for Mazatlan in capitalized Font layer. She also cut doily1 in matching colors to make psuedo-papel picado accents.
She had a lot of fun figuring out what size to cut, what colors of card stock to use, how to layer the pieces together, and how to read the keypad (she's my new helper in that dept!) At the beginning of the project she was a tad anxious about having to draw-which she doesn't think she's good at, pshaw-but as she was using the Cricut she was calm and I got to see a new creative side to her. She completed a color-coordinated project which she felt confident presenting, her teammate loved, and her teacher approved.
I will update with photos when she gets it back from the teacher.
Future Cricut-er, justified cartridge purchase, school project without tears, win win win!
~LN Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:54:18 PM(UTC)
~LN

United States

Was thanked: 864 time(s) in 726 post(s)
what a great idea! be sure to post the pic's when you can!
♥Carol♥ Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:18:56 PM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2765 time(s) in 2202 post(s)
What a fun project that must have been for her ... and a great way to introduce her to a Cricut too! I know this was posted over a year ago, but I hope you will come back and share that pic with us and let us know how she did on the project. I'm hoping she received an 'A'!

BigGrin