Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<12131415>
imnchghere Offline
#391 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:39:35 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening ~ it has been a good day. The only thing not done on my list is finishing the baby card. And the night is still young.

The emission check took all of 5 minutes. There was no line and about 4 or 5 lanes open. Jim usually does this since the place is right behind the Metro station, but given it needed to be done by tomorrow, I opted to take care of it. Laurie, ours are every 2 years.
I also put a load of laundry away after drying it this morning.

Finished scanning the last folder in the current box and now we will start the next box. It contains 190 folders, that will take 15-30 mins each we think. oh my......

Lizzy, I hope you got everything ready for the sub. And then have safe travels to Houston tomorrow.

Nancy, I had thought maybe I would use chipboard for the cover. I would have also used cs for the base of all the pages. It is still something in my mind and not sure I am going to do it.

I am going to now get busy on the baby card and hopefully I can post a picture tonight or tomorrow.

rm920 Offline
#392 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:51:30 PM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
WTG on knocking off that "to-do" list Pat! Hope the baby card is complete by now! Glad there was no line for the emission check. We do not have those kinds of inspections!

Laurie, hope you are already enjoying the concert!

Lizzy, glad school is going so well so far. Safe travels to Houston!

Tonight I started a new exercise routing to help my midsection. I am sure hoping it works! And hope I am not too sore in the morning!

Nancy, how have the little ones been? Hope they have been able to enjoy the out of doors a little! Soon we will be complaining about the heat. We hit 70 again today...not sure what it will be tomorrow. Then rain by the end of the week, I think.

Lizzy Offline
#393 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:56:14 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Oh my....I did not have a good day at all. It started with me oversleeping and then I let my feelings get hurt at work. I rushed all day long to get ready to be gone. I didn't get away from work until after 6:00 and by then, I was on the verge of tears and so tense I could have launched a rocket with my body alone. By the time I was almost home, I was crying. I thought my plane arrived at 10:00 tomorrow night, then discovered it arrived at 6:30. That time is a problem for them to pick me up because they need to be on the opposite side of the city at the OTHER airport picking up Kat and getting her to the tournament headquarters in time to get the team registered. I thought my husband was critical of me as in "how could you have made a mistake like that" and I totally lost it.

All of it comes down to how I deal with being criticized and how I feel about myself and how I need other people to like me and how I feel so miserably beat up after my sister attacked me last week. My head tells me all of that stuff is not a big deal, but try telling my heart that when I'm feeling hurt and sad and vulnerable.

OK...enough of my pity party.

Laurie, I'm sorry that Sadie is hurting after running around the yard. I bet she loved you and Dion being outdoors with her. Do you have any meds for those times when she is hurting?

Pat, you kicked some "to do list" today! I'm impressed!! I am working on mine this evening. I almost have the guest room finished. I need to get some pillows for the bed and then put new pillowcases on them. I know Kat took the ones for that room up to her room. I think I need to buy more pillows for that room. If I remember correctly, I once had enough pillows for all the beds...but then the girls went away to college and took pillows and they never seemed to come back home!

Rhonda, good going on your new exercise routine to work on your mid-section! I will need some things like that as well. I've been following a good eating pattern, but no exercise. I'm hoping that in Houston, I can begin some walking. In fact, we may be walking from Sarah's home over to the volleyball venue, which will give me some good exercise.

I am taking a few things to work on with me to Houston, but I'm also taking some fun stuff...some books to read, my crocheting, and who knows what else. I need some relaxing time with my family!

OK...I'm going to get moving here and get my bags packed! My plane leaves at 11:45 so I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn for a change. It will be nice to sleep in a little. I may not even have to do any laundry!! Woo-hoo!!

Flee57 Offline
#394 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:11:23 PM(UTC)
Flee57

the concert was awesome! I am wiped out and glad I don't have to work tomrooow. I am headed for bed!

Lizzy, sorry you had such a bad day. I'lll be home if you want to call on your way to airport
rm920 Offline
#395 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:18:34 AM(UTC)
rm920

Lizzy, sorry your day was so hard yesterday. It is always hard to be criticized by those we love. And your feelings are your feelings, and you cannot ignore them. You have been on such a roller coaster lately. Hope the time in Houston give you time to heal. Enjoy the time with the family. Also hope you can get some walking in - that is great exercise!

Laurie, glad you enjoyed the concert. What will you do with your day off today?

Hello to everyone else as they check in this morning. So far, I am not sore from the new exercise, so hope it works for me.

Better get busy and finish getting ready for work. Not sure what is on tap tonight, but know I will find something!

Have a great Wednesday!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#396 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:37:33 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello ladies!

We made it home last night, I was wiped out and went to bed.

Now I am off to do my monday house so I will catch up later. :D
Lizzy Offline
#397 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 6:31:39 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good morning! I was so caught up in my pity party yesterday, I forgot to announce that I received the final season of Friday Night Lights in the mail. I am very excited and happy about that. I have so enjoyed watching that series. So that is on my "to do" list for my return.

WELCOME home Paula! Glad you made it back safely!!

I'm flying on Southwest and I checked in last night and got my boarding order which is not great. I'm rethinking what I am taking on the plane. I may just carry on my computer so that I won't need overhead storage since there may not be much left. I just don't know how big the plane will be. It's not a big deal to check a bag so I may just do that and carry on my computer. I just hope I don't get a middle seat...so uncomfortable, but that's what I may get. No need to fret and worry about it.

Southwest is such a mixed bag for me: on the one hand you can change or cancel your reservation with no penalty which I like; on the other hand you can't get a reserved seat which I hate. Grrr!

Well, all I have to do this morning is put pillow cases on the pillows for the guest room and pack. Not too shabby considering everything.

Pat, I trust you get your list finished up today...it sounds like it's the birthday stuff you have to do.

Laurie, I'm glad you enjoyed the concert! Rhonda, glad you aren't sore. I always worry if I'm not sore, it isn't "working"!!

OK...gotta run here. Get myself packed and ready to go.

imnchghere Offline
#398 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 7:23:25 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. I thought I posted a note early this am, but, I guess it went elsewhere. So here I am again.

I didn't finish the baby card last night, but was going to wrap it up this morning. I am still working on it. Got up to the heater not working, so called and they had a tech in the area who could come out within the hour. So I had to move a few things for him. He came and got everything working.

Laurie, I am glad the concert was good. I don't do concerts well. What are you doing on your day off?
Lizzy, I am sorry yesterday was so bad for you. Safe travels to Houston and hopefully you won't have a middle seat. Enjoy your time with family and good luck to Kat in the tournament.

Rhonda, I hope your new exercise works. I need to find something to do besides walking/riding.

Well, I need to get back to the card. I will be posting a picture later.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 06, 2011 1:13:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#399 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:45:39 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

well I finished my card except for signing it. I am ok with it.

It has otherwise been a long day of not much productivity. And now I have got to put all the pieces of paper away along with all the embellishments I got out.

Jim had leftovers for dinner and I am going to get myself something in a while. I wasn't hungry when he got home.

I hope everyone has had a good day. It is almost time to start a fresh thread.
imnchghere attached the following image(s):
erin.JPG
Flee57 Offline
#400 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:35:30 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Pat! That card is adorable!

Paula, welcome home.

Rhonda, it's helpful when you aren't sore when you start a new exercise!

Lizzy, hope you had a good seat on your flight. I thought all airlines needed to do assigned seating.

I spent the day relaxing. I did make a card today. Sadie and I took a nice ride to WM. She really enjoyed it. Today's weather was awesome!

Only 2 days til the weekend! WooHoo!
rm920 Offline
#401 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:33:47 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello...

Pat, that card is really cute! I know they will love it.

Laurie, glad Sadie was able to ride along with you. I know Bart loves going for rides also!

I have been working on a card also. It is almost finished. It is a new style for me. Need to add some embellies. Might post a pic tonight.

Paula, glad you made it home safely. Hope the Monday house went well and you are beginning to relax and catch up.

Safe travels to Lizzie. Hope you had no problems with the flight. Being with family should help your strees levels also!
rm920 Offline
#402 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 4:31:36 AM(UTC)
rm920

Happy Birthday Pat

It was sure quiet in here last night. I never finished the card. Didn't like what I came up with so it is still a work in process.

Paula, have you gotten back into the routine yet?

Nancy, how are all the little ones this week?

Lizzy, hope you made it safely to Houston and are enjoying the visit with the family.

Pat, what did you decide about the mini album? How is the scanning coming along. I know you will be glad when that task is completed.

Tonight, my DD and I are meeting friends at a "Working Women's Party"! It is a pretty big event with lots of local merchants showing their wares and lots of vendors giving out samples of their specialties. You have lots of chances to win prizes and 2 grand prizes. We never win but have lots of fun. It is for women only. Sometimes we see someone we haven't seen since last year. We look forward to it every year.
imnchghere Offline
#403 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 5:41:42 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning ~ other than cleaning up the mess I made yesterday, I am not sure what I will be working on today. I think I am going to make some mini lemon tarts to put in the freezer. I need to go to the store though to get some white chocolate pieces and pie crusts. I might also make some mini bundt cakes for the freezer. Will have to see. I really need to continue working on scanning.

Rhonda, I think I am going to skip the mini album for now. Too many other things that need to be done.
Flee57 Offline
#404 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 3:52:04 PM(UTC)
Flee57

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!!!!

I hope you've had an awesome day that continues into your evening
imnchghere Offline
#405 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 4:47:50 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning everyone. It has been very quiet here the past few days. I hope Lizzy is enjoying time with family. Nothing special for my birthday yesterday. I will see Kristen and her kids this weekend and maybe Stephanie and hers also. The big get together will be Easter weekend. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

One of the CFS ladies will be stopping by this morning to drop off a BIG bag of hotel toiletries. I thought I would make some scones.

Now that the baby card is off my plate, I am going to just keep the album on the back burner.

I want to start packing up the craft/play/laundry room. I really want to get the remodel moving forward. I think we are going to try to get the cover on the gazebo this weekend. Then we can also get the deck furniture out of the shed. That will free up space in the shed to put everything into. Can't wait to get the bike on the deck also.

I will be working on scanning today. I didn't get any done yesterday. I am also going to put all the papers & embellishments that I gathered for the baby card into a ziplock bag, in case I decide to do the album for my niece.

That is about it for my next few days.
rm920 Offline
#406 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 4:58:27 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all....

The big party last night was fun. We didn't win anything but got to see lots of friends.

One more work day this week!!! It has seemed to drag on this week for some reason. I am going shopping with a friend in Topeka on Sunday, but need to get some work done around here tomorrow. I also need to start pricing the items for the garage sale. My goal is to have that sale in mid May!

I also want to finish the card I have on my desk. My first plan, I didn't like it and haven't come up with anything elso. Also need to sweep and mop floors this weekend.

What does everyone else have planned for the weekend?

Hope Lizzy is enjoying Houston. Nancy, have the little ones been able to go outside this week? We have had warm days, but some rain thrown in also.

Paula, you must have been exhausted from the trip. Hope all is well with you.
Nancycs Offline
#407 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 5:47:57 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!!

Pat I hope your day yesterday was a great one! Did you do anything special for your birthday? I like your baby card! I have only made one of those cards. It was a birthday card and it felt like it took forever to complete. I guess it was because I wasn't happy with it. Those hotel toiletries will be great fillers for your boxes.

Lizzy I hope you got a good seat on your flight. I hope you have a great time with your family.

Larie do you get this weekend off too?

Rhonda I would love to see your card when you get it finished. Sorry you didn't win but at least you had a good time. Yes we have been able to get outside everyday. The rain has not fallen during our outside time. The weather has been in the upper 50's and lower 60's so it has been nice. We even go to open the sandbox!

Paula I am glad you got home safely. How are you feeling? Are you tired or are you back to your usual routine?

We watched Disney's Tangled last night. We watched for our family night. One of the kids brought it for movie day yesterday and I wanted to see it (I don't get to see it when they watch it I am way too busy). It was actually pretty god. Carter just could not stop laughing in certain parts.

I don't have any plans for the weekend. I would like to try to get in the yard. IT just depend on what the rain decides to do. We are in for rain all weekend.
imnchghere Offline
#408 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 6:06:05 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning Nancy.. we didn't do anything special for my birthday. We will all be getting together Easter weekend and will celebrate the spring birthdays then. It is just easier.

I think I am going to make some cherry scones for my visitors. I guess I better get them started. It is so dreary today. My sinus' are also hurting. I may end up having to take something.

At least with this roller coaster weather, you have been able to get the kids outside.
Nancycs Offline
#409 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 6:29:48 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Pat yummy....cherry scones. We are doing the same thing at Easter this year. Celebrating my birthday as well as the my BIL's bday. It is easier in our busy lives! I hope your sinus' feel better soon.
Nancycs Offline
#410 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 12:31:12 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Pat your scones looked yummy!

Well it is a breezy 61*, but the rain looks like it will hold off until late tonight so we will get another nice day outside. I even have the windows open in one room just to air out the house a bit. It has been nice to do that the last few days.

Rick and Riley are going fishing tonight. Carter may go too but I am not thinking he will. They will stay over at my in-laws and get a little fishing in tomorrow too if it doesn't rain down there. I kind of hope Carter goes too then I can have the house to myself for the evening! Is that bad of me??

I guess I'd better get snack out. I want to get outside ASAP today.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#411 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 2:18:18 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies,

I still haven't had time to catch up.

Did my Thursday house yesterday and then got groceries. Then I got things ready for the Boston girls to come over. They stayed till after 1. Today I did some L and paid bills. My sister and niece drug me out for a walk. It's my sister's b-day so I couldn't say no.
rm920 Offline
#412 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 6:52:59 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Paula, welcome back! Hope you can get caught up soon! And the walk probably did you a lot of good.

Nancy, glad the little ones are able to play outside at least for a bit! My DGD said she watch Tanngled and she loved it. Said it was really funny. I may have to watch it sometime.

Pat, your scones looked yummy as usual. I never thought of sending all the hotel toiletries in goodie boxes to the soldiers. Great use! Hope you are able to get your deck cover on soon. We have had some really nice weather here lately with storms sandwiched in between. We are in a tornado watch again tonight :(

Tonight, I have done some L, and paid bills. Also got the floors swept ready to mop tomorrow. Sounds like the storm in getting closer so I may have to shut down here soon.

Hope everyone is enjoying their evening.
imnchghere Offline
#413 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 4:38:51 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. it has been very quiet here lately.
Rhonda, we have also had some decent weather days with rain/storms every few days. Tomorrow will be nice and Monday also, but with chances of t'storms. I give up. It would be nice if we could get the cover on the gazebo, since we will have another set of hands from DD.

I worked on scanning last night. Jim & I will continue today. We would like to make a sizeable dent in the 2nd box, which is moving faster, due to less contents in each folder.

I need a project to work on at my friend's day crop on Tuesday. Last time I worked on CFS, but I am thinking I might work on the heritage perpetual calendar, which is about half done. Alternative will be CFS. I have plenty of parts for those ready to assemble.

What's everyone else working on?

rm920 Offline
#414 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 1:09:42 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all....

It is still very windy here, but I have been working outside most of the day. Just bits of things here and there. Had to pick up more smaller twigs/branches etc from the storm last night...again! Pulled some more weeds and got another flower bed cleaned and ready for plantings. Now just need to go pick up some flowers.

I am inside for the rest of the day. First goal is to finish that card!!!! I won't do anything else until that is done! (Hope I don't get too hungry!!)

Pat, hope you are sailing through the current box of scanning. Soon that job will be behind you.

What is everyone else doing today?

Catch you all later....after the card is done!!!
rm920 Offline
#415 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 4:42:10 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Hope everyone is getting lots done this weekend. I finally got back to my card and finished it. Not sure I am happy with it but it is done. Will move on.

I think I am going to do some research this evening.

Here it is:

rm920 attached the following image(s):
Stairway Card.jpg
imnchghere Offline
#416 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:09:32 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good evening.. it has been a long day and fairly productive. The scanning goes on and on. sigh~~~~

Rhonda, I love your card. And the flowers look just like pansies. I would be curious to know how it is made. I've got 2 birthday cards to make for the first part of May. One is for my Mom and the other is for one of Jim's cousins. The cousin will be easy, since she's not seen a lot of my cards, but my Mom is a different story. I also realized I missed my bil's birthday last month, but I do have a funny belated card I can send him.

Tomorrow is going to be a decent day, but not as warm as originally thought. Since the gov't didn't shut down, we decided to go downtown with Kristen and her kids to see the kite festival and what is left of the cherry blossoms. We might also go to one of the museums, but that is still up in the air.
Jim & I could find plenty to do at home, but figured we could use the break, the fresh air AND the exercise.

Monday will be in the mid 80's, so my plan is to be out in the yard part of the day. I want to finish getting twigs and debris gathered and also the last flower bed by the pond cleaned up. Pretty sure we are going to expand the pond this year and put in a new waterfall, but I can't be sure when exactly. Lots of yard work on the drawing board along with the work inside.

imnchghere Offline
#417 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:54:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday morning.. I've got a couple hours before we leave, so I am going to do some more scanning. I want to answer a few emails before I get started though.

I need to make sure my camera is charged and the camera card is in. Otherwise I am ready to go. There was mention of maybe going to one of the museums but I am not sure. The kite festival is new and should be interesting. We are doing that first, then down to the Tidal Basin. LOTS of walking.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I think Lizzy returns home today??
rm920 Offline
#418 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:55:38 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Pat, it sounds like a wonderful day. Take lots of pics. I think the kite festival would be quite fun, especially if there is a breeze to help the kites. Not like the gusts we have been having! And the walking is a good thing Blushing Enjoy your day!

The card is called a Stairway Card. I got the cut file from Susan Bluerobot's website. It is really easy to make. Give it a try! Let me know if you can't find the files.

Everyone must be very busy this weekend.

I found some civil war records of my many greats grandfather last night. Also found his wifes pension request. So it was a good night.

I am off to join a friend for a trip to Topeka. We stop by to see her mother in the nursing home, then usually shop and have a late lunch. Just a fun get away day!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Nancycs Offline
#419 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:40:40 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Rhonda I like your card as well. I have used Susan's cut files before. I change them a bit sometimes. There is an elephant card I did for Riley that is a pop up of sorts from her. She had done Mickey Mouse and I deleted Mickey and added the elephant from ZB. I also made a monkey card that she had but just changed the words and added some ZB trees/plants behind it. Both of them are on my blog. I really should check her blog out again. Enjoy your day!

Pat it sounds like a nice day for you too. I have never heard of a kite festival. I am sure that could be interesting if there isn't a lot of wind.

Paula how is your weekend going?

I ran a few errands yesterday. Picked up a birthday gift and now I need to make a birthday card. I may make a gift card holder as the birthday card since I got a gift card as well as a movie. I have been wanting to try dome of the gift card holders out there. I am not sure when I will do that. I also used a couple of gift cards I had from Christmas and picked up a new pair of sandals and a new wallet.

I am going to try to get in the yard today. It rained, even hailed last night. Everything will be wet but it will make it easy to take care of some of dead stuff that will need to be pulled out. It will be about 77* today, but then back to the mid 50's tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great day!
imnchghere Offline
#420 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:42:17 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Thanks Rhonda... I went to her blog and saw the St Patrick's card she did. I will try to check out the cut and see what happens.
It will be a lot of walking today and I will feel it tonight, but that is a good thing. I scanned a little this am, but am calling it quits now. We will be leaving about 10ish.
Camera and tote bag are packed up and everything is charged. Part of the kite festival, is kites people have made that will be on display. I think some may be very elaborate. People can also fly kites they bring or buy there.

I had the last of the cherry blossom scones for breakfast. I am sure I will have it walked off in no time.

I have also been munging around in the new CW records on Ancestry. I am hoping to maybe find something on some of my elusive relatives. One never knows. Jim has gotten a lot of records from NARA over the years, but everything was on microfiche and a PITA. Anyway good news for your finds!!!!