Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
GhostWheel Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:40:59 PM(UTC)
GhostWheel

Groups: Registered

Finally, after years of waiting, there is a cart for which I can use my rewards points. HOWEVER, it costs $9.13 for FedEx home delivery. Why? It's $5.20 by Priority mail, without any kind of business discount. Why use such an expensive service? Does anyone know why? (It's not like I ever get an answer to any questions from Cricut if I email, so I thought I'd ask here)

Thanks in advance.
Paintnut Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:45:05 PM(UTC)
Paintnut

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was wondering the same thing. I don't know why they don't use USPS. It is cheaper and they get the address right. I just paid $14.66 for shipping and handling for a cart and FedEx delivered it my my neighbors house. This is not the first time this has happened so I sent them an email to complain. You would think for the extra cost they would have better service.
Jen Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:43:52 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
I do believe it is shipping and handling. If memory serves me correct a separate company used to do the shipping. Nevertheless the Rewards Program is something extra that we are offered so I look at it as a small price to pay.
Chanda Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 7:43:24 AM(UTC)
Chanda

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Not only that but if you use FedEx the first $100.00 of your purchase is insured without additional cost
PaperKrafter4Life Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:18:20 PM(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life

United States

Was thanked: 202 time(s) in 152 post(s)
I guess if they deliver it to a neighbors it needs $100 insurance.
capmom09 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2011 6:34:36 AM(UTC)
capmom09

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I feel the same. For the amount of money we spend to get the rewards, they should ship free!
STEPHANIEDOTY Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 03, 2011 7:28:40 PM(UTC)
STEPHANIEDOTY

I waited for a long time to cash in my rewards when I saw how expensive the shipping was, they also tack on additional $3 for "handling" and it took well over a week for it to even ship and three days beyond that to receive it. Considering I can get free shipping at most other sites I have to wonder why they don't offer it here thru USPS. Gets here faster that's for sure.
wannaBscrappin' Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:09:04 AM(UTC)
wannaBscrappin'

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I am ok with paying for shipping & handling for my "free" items. I remember when we got nothing free for the cartridges we ordered and am happy for the little extra I get with my orders now! I enjoy watching my points accrue & know that when I am ready to redeem them, I will pay a small price for that "free" item! It is not too much to pay for something that I would not have gotten anyway, due to the fact that lets be honest, even if they did NOT offer rewards, we would STILL order the products! I just wish they would make more of a selection available for those rewards points! I either already have the cartridges they are offering or am not particularly interested in the other cartridges they have offered! Bored But as for the shipping & handling, I am okay with that.
 3 users thanked wannaBscrappin' for this useful post.
*Heather* on 4/9/2011(UTC), ChunkyMonkey on 4/14/2011(UTC), scrapinkel on 5/25/2011(UTC)
xcountrymom Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:57:47 PM(UTC)
xcountrymom

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I finally found a cart I want too and my shipping was $11.53 on one cart! Sad
bluesh4rk Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:24:47 PM(UTC)
bluesh4rk

I've missed out on some stuff I wanted to get from Rewards because I wanted to get more than one thing when paying for the crazy shipping fees! I too wish they would ship with USPS. It would be much cheaper and faster. There is no reason it should cost $7-$11 to ship one cartridge.
CheshireKitty Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 5:01:09 PM(UTC)
CheshireKitty

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
The shipping is a total rip and there is no way to sugar coat it. I guess provocraft is trying a recoup a small part of their loss by pocketing the extra shipping money. I had the same problem with Fed Ex- particularly Fed Ex ground, they have no idea where anyones house is and leave the package at the wrong address. This is one of those principle things, I know I am getting something for free, so with the shipping it will be 11 or 12 dollars, but its still wrong to gouge shipping prices.

1 user thanked CheshireKitty for this useful post.
GStevens on 7/1/2012(UTC)
scrapinmom66 Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 10:38:11 AM(UTC)
scrapinmom66

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I agree...this is the one reason that has kept me from ordering one to begin with.
MendyPeterson1 Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:26:36 PM(UTC)
MendyPeterson1

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
My points have been racking up for over 2 years, and I just can't see spending $11 to ship a free cart when I can go to ebay and pay $15 for it for free shipping. There are not any carts available that are any good anyways... Shame on you provo craft!
 1 user thanked MendyPeterson1 for this useful post.
GStevens on 7/1/2012(UTC)
TeresaBarnett Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 10:49:00 AM(UTC)
TeresaBarnett

At one time they did offer free shipping, well kind of, you used your points to get shipping which I did not mind doing at least you could say the cartridge was free than as now it is not free cause you have to pay a high price for shipping. I agree they also need to add more cartridges to the list because I also have pretty much all them listed or do not want whatever one they have listed. What happened to them adding new stuff all the time? I have not seen much new stuff lately.
CarolClifford Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:21:01 PM(UTC)
CarolClifford

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I just got a wonderful Imagine cart for my I on ebay and only paid $13.50 with free shipping.

paperlover Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:17:57 AM(UTC)
paperlover

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 89 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TeresaBarnett Go to Quoted Post
At one time they did offer free shipping, well kind of, you used your points to get shipping which I did not mind doing at least you could say the cartridge was free than as now it is not free cause you have to pay a high price for shipping. I agree they also need to add more cartridges to the list because I also have pretty much all them listed or do not want whatever one they have listed. What happened to them adding new stuff all the time? I have not seen much new stuff lately.

I remember that and it was the one time I actually cashed in my reward points. I wish they would do it again. I would even pay up to 500 points for free shipping...since there is nothing new to buy, my points are worthless anyway...I would buy a cart I already have and give it to my neice, along with my old create...
LazyBee Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:28:08 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
I suppose that the reason is the company has to recoup some of its costs. I really don't understand why they don't contract with the PO for priority shipping. It certainly is much cheaper than FedEx...and in some cases probaly just as quick.

Like others I haven't used my points yet and I am somewhere over 10k as a large majority of what is offered I currently have...that being said I would like to see PC offer things we really want or don't have the opportunity to get (e.g.: Cirlce products)or some of the bigger items that some would like to save for like some of the newer products.
shastadasi Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:39:38 AM(UTC)
shastadasi

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I used my rewards and bought a cart last week, shipping & handling ended up being around $11.00.
I ship packages at work and I know it isn't that expensive to ship a cart, but in the long run I would rather pay the $11+ instead of full price for the cart + shipping :)
paperlover Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 3:58:55 PM(UTC)
paperlover

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 89 post(s)
ok, I bit the "postage bullet" and ordered 2 800pt carts and a 500pt gypsy sleeve and my total was $13.54. I still think it's high but at least now I won't have to think about why there is never any new stuff to get,lol. I have 10pts left....I also have 300 pts that I have not entered and will gift them to the first person who PM's me their address in the US. No strings or hidden agenda.
BarbaraBarnes2 Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 8:17:04 PM(UTC)
BarbaraBarnes2

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CheshireKitty Go to Quoted Post
The shipping is a total rip and there is no way to sugar coat it. I guess provocraft is trying a recoup a small part of their loss by pocketing the extra shipping money. I had the same problem with Fed Ex- particularly Fed Ex ground, they have no idea where anyones house is and leave the package at the wrong address. This is one of those principle things, I know I am getting something for free, so with the shipping it will be 11 or 12 dollars, but its still wrong to gouge shipping prices.

I was expecting a pkg from FedEx once. I knew it was on the truck. I was outside and watched the guy come out of the truck, look at the label, looked at the house across the street,and left it by their door. When he came back, I said "was that for "Smith" at 322? he said "yeah", so then I said, "why did u deliver it there? Their house number is clearly 323. I AM 322! He grumbled to himself, went back to get the pkg to give to me. I called FED EX to complain, gave the vehicle number, etc. Not only made a mistake, he was rude.
GStevens Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:56:26 AM(UTC)
GStevens

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: capmom09 Go to Quoted Post
I feel the same. For the amount of money we spend to get the rewards, they should ship free!

I totally agree. I used my rewards to get an item and found out later I could have bought the same item for less than what it cost for the shipping. I was really disappointed. Especially after spending so much money to even get that amount of rewards.
GStevens Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 5:03:44 AM(UTC)
GStevens

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BarbaraBarnes2 Go to Quoted Post
I was expecting a pkg from FedEx once. I knew it was on the truck. I was outside and watched the guy come out of the truck, look at the label, looked at the house across the street,and left it by their door. When he came back, I said "was that for "Smith" at 322? he said "yeah", so then I said, "why did u deliver it there? Their house number is clearly 323. I AM 322! He grumbled to himself, went back to get the pkg to give to me. I called FED EX to complain, gave the vehicle number, etc. Not only made a mistake, he was rude.

FedEx clearly have lazy drivers. More than one time they decided to leave my pkg at my rent office when I am at home all day expecting them. I then get an email stating no one was home to accept the package. Not only that, the email did not state the pkg had been left anywhere. I called to complain about the email stating I was not home at time of delivery and found out FedEx left the package at the rent office.
GayleHathaway1 Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:42:32 PM(UTC)
GayleHathaway1

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Angry I have 1000+ points but was told that it would be $16 to ship it! How does PC consider this free? I am very unhappy with PC and this policy. Needless to say I have not used my points yet, especially for all the old carts they have listed.
PaperKrafter4Life Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:43:14 AM(UTC)
PaperKrafter4Life

United States

Was thanked: 202 time(s) in 152 post(s)
I just ordered 5 cartridge, gypsy sleeve and car charger and only paid $13.36 shipping, BUT I am located close to Wisconsin. one time it pays to be in the midwest..........Decided to finally use some of my points..................
AlyaMama Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:30:56 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wannaBscrappin' Go to Quoted Post
I am ok with paying for shipping & handling for my "free" items. I remember when we got nothing free for the cartridges we ordered and am happy for the little extra I get with my orders now! I enjoy watching my points accrue & know that when I am ready to redeem them, I will pay a small price for that "free" item! It is not too much to pay for something that I would not have gotten anyway, due to the fact that lets be honest, even if they did NOT offer rewards, we would STILL order the products! I just wish they would make more of a selection available for those rewards points! I either already have the cartridges they are offering or am not particularly interested in the other cartridges they have offered! Bored But as for the shipping & handling, I am okay with that.

I totally agree, I feel it's free even with the shipping. I don't have as good of luck with ebay as the rest of the world. I never find a cart for cheap. So I don't mind paying. I believe the handling is the person who goes to get the cartridge off the shelf, out of the box/bin and they deserve to get paid.

I ordered 3 carts and the shipping was the same if I had ordered 1 so I guess, just wait until they have several that you want.

Angie
JustJudi Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:35:35 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 698 post(s)
As much as I love my Cricut - I have to admit that yes - I think they are trying to recoup some of what they lose - the reason I say this is because I thought the Michael's "buy 3 get one free" offer was great - but Michael's is charging $89.99 for cartridges that can be bought at other stores for $69.99 or less. That extra $20 made me steer clear of Michael's Cricut section.
Runningmomof2 Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 8:23:26 AM(UTC)
Runningmomof2

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1136 time(s) in 543 post(s)
My problem is most of the ones they are offering now were 10 bucks at Michaels last year. I bought most of them then. Plus when they announce new ones added to rewards they are not visible to all. I considered Country Life but by the time I could see it it was sold out. From what I understand many people had this happen too. No, they were not supposed to be for circle only members either,
Dragonfly50 Offline
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:12:20 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Concerning the Michael's 3 for 1 rebate... Michaels honors competitor ads. Joanns had cartridges on sale for $29.99. I took in my ad and they gave me the sale price. Michaels seems to get the newer cartridges a lot faster than Joanns. BigGrin
JoyceG Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:10:21 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 925 time(s) in 597 post(s)
I didn't mind paying the $10 for shipping & handling to get 2 cartridges shipped to me. That was just $5 a cart and I would never have been able to buy them any where that cheap. And not only did I get the carts, but they had reward certificates in them..so I also got 180 points to go towards my next 'free' cart. I was actually surprised they had the reward cert. included since they was 'free'.

As for the carts at M's and their rebate. I just happened to buy my Expressions during a time when they was on sale, ranging $20-30 each. Even the clearance carts counted for the rebate. I was VERY happy to have gotten 2 'free' carts from them. Shipping on each was $9 but wouldn't have gotten these carts at all had they not been free.
cheryl d Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:51:02 AM(UTC)
cheryl d

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
fed ex to canada starts at over 20$ to canada!! i have redeemed my points once but got 4 carts so shipping wasn't too bad .i will do it again soon but agree the carts offered are old and stale.