Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

87 Pages«<6667686970>»
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2011 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 10:56:16 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 432 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Hello Monday....

Its cool and rainy here, I want to be at home napping!

The weekend went by way too fast, I didn't get too much of anything done. We spent most of the day in the house, my daughter had to work on a project and I just did some misc. housework and organizing. I didn' get too much of either done! Yesterday after church I had to make my daughter to the mall to get her hair done so that was an afternoon wasted so I didn't get too much else done. I did manage to finish a LO this morning during my "me time" I plan to post it on my blog later today!

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' week!
HisGem Offline
#2012 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 6:39:51 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Hello All!

I could not let the entire day go by without checking in.

Cassie, I am glad you are feeling better! I managed to get a couple DT projects completed. I also made a non DT project too! On to the next...

Treva, it rained all day on Saturday, but it was surprisingly warm outside, but cold in the house. We stayed in a watched movies. It was the perfect weekend to chill.

Just wanted to checked in...waving hello to everyone Cool CDNR how are you lady???
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2013 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:36:27 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

Happy Boss Day to all my SSToo FamilyBigGrin

Its cool and breezy here today, no rain today and the sun is shining so I may just go for a walk during lunch! I just finished putting together one of my signature simple greeting cards for my manager. Nothing fancy just paper, ribbon, a flower with a bling center; I didn't even put a sentiment on the outside (got frustrated with my ink pad). Now do I let my co-workers sign it too? Maybe not, everybody don't celebrate nonconventional holidaysConfused

Waving hello and hoping all is well with everyone.
scrap.n.sista Offline
#2014 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:42:48 PM(UTC)
scrap.n.sista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
{{{Waving Hi}}}} to everyone!!!Just stopped by and wanted to pop in and say Hi!!! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:43:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HisGem Offline
#2015 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:22:26 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Hello All!

I am so happy it is Thursday...it has been some kind of week! On top of being sleep deprived (daughter is still not sleeping all the way through the night;I am using that time to pray, I am still tired), someone parked a stolen van in my drive way! My neighbors had their house broken into on the same day...it has just been a mess!

Treva, I had no idea it was Boss Day... simple cards are the best cards :)

Any crafting plans for the weekend? It is Sweetest Day...any plans? I was planning on taking the girls to the pumpkin farm tomorrow, but it is supposed to rain. We will see though. As far as the rest of the weekend, I hope to get started on my Christmas cards.

Alright, the thread got a lift. Waving hello to everyone! Kenya~
CraftyNetta Offline
#2016 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:47:50 PM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Good evening ladies,

I am stopping in to say a quick hello, hope all is well with everyone.

Kenya-sorry for the sleepless night, hope her clock switch for you. As for scrapping well you know my motivation is half there, I need to kick start it

Treva- have you tried your new toy yet?

Cassie-I hope you are feeling better

Hey Scrap.n.sista

I am going to check out the blogs tonight, I started to last week and never made it over.

Waving hi to everyone, have a good evening.

Netta

~~TP98~~ Offline
#2017 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 6:44:41 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Friday...

Happy to see some new posts on our little thread, I was wondering what was up! I know that life does get in the way of our little corner of fun! Its a rainy, cool fall day here, the rain is suppose to stop later this morning. There were alot of accidents this morning, I'm thankful for traveling mercies.

Kenya, I guess I should just take your daughter since I rarely sleep through the night either. Thanks for sharing the idea about using that time to pray as I will get up and start doing everything else. Now I'm sitting at my desk wishing I could be back home under the covers.

Netts, I haven't received my new toy yet; I guess I should follow-up on that soon. I have been trying to purge and organize so I can open it rather than letting it sit once it arrives!

Congrats to Alice (scrap.n.sista) she is the blogger of the month over at Scraps of Color.

As for the weekend, we've got several things going on including homecoming at Virginia State University tomorrow. I do hope to get some scrappin' in but only time will tell.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' weekend!
ScrapnLu Offline
#2018 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 7:03:56 AM(UTC)
ScrapnLu

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello All and "HAPPY FRIDAY"

Just wanted to stop by to say HELLO it has been a while since I have been on.

Hope we can get some scrappin' done this weekend!!!

Treva, congratulations on wining the Cameo I saw the post of FB....

I wish everyone a great weekend !!!

Lu

Edited by user Friday, October 19, 2012 7:04:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cropdropnroll Offline
#2019 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 7:48:38 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 56 post(s)
TGIF!!!

Greetings family! I've been away entirely too long!! As Treva stated in one of her posts - life happens! And that is the case for me. This, as some of you know, is football/cheer season for our family, so we are constantly on the go with practices and games. I'm surprised that I was able to attend the scrap retreat (Croptober Fest)! LOL. On top of that, we've been having car issues.Crying But God is a Keeper!!!

His Gem/Netta - Thanks for the shout outs!!!

ScrapnSista - Good to see you on this side of the chat world! Congrats on being Blogger of the Month @ SOC.

Treva - Although I was there, congrats on your big win! Great LOs, too.

Waving hello to ALL!! Got a stupid, crazy deadline to meet today; but I hope I can get back here later this evening.

Peace & Blessings.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2020 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:41:37 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Monday....

JCI to give you a little boost and say hello. We're gearing up for a nice week weather wise so I hope that everything else falls in line!

So how was the weekend, do you have plans for this week?

We spent the day at Virgina State University's homecoming on Saturday, we had a blast. Its nothing like homecoming at a HBCU, that is the one thing that I missed about not going to a HBCU. We had fun tailgating, the band was great and of course the steppers.

Nothing special on our calendar for this week outside of the normal routine.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' week!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:41:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyNetta Offline
#2021 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 10:17:18 AM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Hello Ladies,

I am stopping by to say a quick hi. I had a quiet weekend, cleaned and started winter-proofing the house. Visited my scraproom briefly. This will be my long week at work. Is it Saturday yet..lol

Good to see you Lisa, get so rest.
Treva-I have to say I do regret not going to HBCU, I tried very hard to send my son. Enjoy the weather.
Scrapnlu-good to see ya

Waving hi to everyone, enjoy the day.

Netta
Cassie Offline
#2022 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 10:55:10 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Good Afternoon All & Happy Monday!

Alice – Congrats on being SOC’s blogger of the month.

Kenya – Stolen van in your driveway, neighbors home broken into, & baby girl still not sleeping thru the night… Calgon, take me away.

Lisa – Glad you were able to come up for air.

Treva – Glad homecoming was great. Howard’s was also this weekend and I missed it, yet gain. I need to make it a priority, I feel like the worst alumni, especially since I’m here where the school is.

Hi Lu & Netta!

This weekend was our church anniversary so I was busy with that. Saturday, the kids and I along with my dad, hung out with my aunt doing Christmas shopping. Yes, you read that right, Christmas. She declares that whatever she doesn’t have by Veteran’s day, she won’t get. She just got my kids and her grandson clothes. It was fun and we were out for 7 hours. On top of that, I had to rush home, shower, dress and get to the anniversary. LOL!! I’m going to start a LO tonigh, since choir rehearsal was just cancelled. Actually, I need to wash DD’s hair, but Mother Nature may beat them both out.

Have a GREAT evening ALL.
HisGem Offline
#2023 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:13:13 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Good evening All!

It is almost bed time, I realized I did not post!

Cassie, Calgon or somebody needs to take me away and soon! I don't know what is going on, but my third daughter must have tagged team with the youngest because she was up crying at what time? 2:30am!! I don't know why that time is so prevalent. The night before last, everyone was asleep, but I woke up at 2:30..

Glad to see you CDNR! Sorry about the car issues...things will get better :)

Hey Netta...stay strong! Saturday will be here before you know it!

Treva, glad you had a good weekend!

So I ask that you keep us in prayer. I know most of you have heard about the tragedy that took place here yesterday. The devil is busy! Waving hello to all, Kenya~
ellamap Offline
#2024 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 7:16:33 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
I logged in so I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I lurk all the time and send up prayers where needed.
You all are so busy, it makes me tired just reading about it! Have a good week everyone!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2025 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:33:41 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Wednesday....

I've been enjoying this mild weather this week, so how goes the weather in your area?

I haven't really done too much crafting, I did manage to finish some cards to send to some breast cancer survivors before the month ends. I'm not really into Halloween but I'm planning to dress up our pumpkin, we are suppose to pick it up on Friday. Just as I thought I'd hangout at home all weekend DH mentioned taking DD to the apple orchard on Saturday. I may just send them on their way but that would mean no pictures to scrap.Huh The President will be in town again tomorrow so I'll probably brave the crowd and try to attend.

Netta, hang in there just a few more days until the weekend.

Kenya, prayers and healing thoughts for all those affected and the state as a whole. Thanks for the RAK!

Waving hello and wishing everyone a blessed day.
HisGem Offline
#2026 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:39:52 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Happy Wednesday!

Treva, it has been rainy here for the majority of the week. Last night I commented on how foggy it was. It was very thick. I felt like I lived in London LOL. Today, it is fairly warm. I hope it stays dry. This is my last weekend to get my babies to the pumpkin farm before it closes. There is a shortage of pumpkins so I hope we can get a few!
I am sorry I didn't get your package out sooner. I just wanted to let you know I appreciated all that you did when I was dealing with my brother's and dad's death. So thank you once again.

@ellamap, thank you for the prayers and popping in!

Well I better get finished with my homework Glare Waving hello to everyone! Kenya~

P-Kay Sunshine Offline
#2027 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:41:23 AM(UTC)
P-Kay Sunshine

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I havent been here in ages! I came on the boards to check out the news on the Imagine. I have one that I don't use so its no biggie to me. I need to sell it anyway. I hope everyone is doing well. I am fine....hardly crafting like I used to but I still love it. Enjoy your day ladies.
momto2 Offline
#2028 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:42:14 AM(UTC)
momto2

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Good Morning all. Just stopping by to do my every few weeks check in on the cricut board so that I can tell DD anything she needs to know about my cricut. She does not frequent the board and I try to keep up with things so that she will not do something that stops the cricut from working.

Anywoo, how is everyone doing. Hopefully all is well.

Treva, I stopped by your blog and sent you a message. I hope you downloaded that software I mentioned. Last weeks freebie was great. This one sort of leaves me scratching my head, but it is free so I won't complain. Let me know if you have any questions. I might be able to answer them, but I can usually always direct you to where to find help. We have a great facebook group to work with that helps a lot.

OK, off to the next board to visit.

Renee
Cassie Offline
#2029 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:17:01 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Friday!!!!!

I'm glad to see another week winding down. I've been in some kind of blah mood all week that I've been blaming on hormones. LOL!! I did get some crafting done though. Some cards, and I need to put them on my blog.

I need to do some serious cleaning around the house. Youth ministry is taking the kids roller skating Sunday, so I guess I better dust off my wheels.

Have a GREAT weekend ALL!
HisGem Offline
#2030 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:19:04 AM(UTC)
HisGem

TGIF ALL!

Hi Renee, glad to "see" you!! How are you? I actually like this week's freebie...I think it will make a nice box topper or a rustic table decoration! The only thing is it seems to be time consuming to put together.

Hi PK!! Long time no "see". I am hoping my Imagine hang in there. I really like it and I like being able to print those patterns. Hope all is well and I hope you start creating more; your work is beautiful.

Hi Cassie, Lissa, Dot, Treva, Netta, Ella, Kim and others I did not call by name. I hope everyone has a good weekend. The temperature is like 30 degrees less than it was yesterday Glare I want to take the girls the farm, but we shall see. Have a good weekend!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2031 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:59:14 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Friday....

Its cool and cloudy today so I'm just waiting until the end of the work dayBigGrin

I have no plans this weekend, we are just going to chill and wait to see what Sandy brings. One thing I do know for sure that if the power goes out we'll make our way across town to the in-laws. I do hope that the inside time allows me some scrappin' time but only time will tell. I need to get some holiday cards made and in the mail before a pending deadline.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' weekend!
ScrapCheryl Offline
#2032 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:12:23 PM(UTC)
ScrapCheryl

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello my Cricut Sistas! First of all, thank you SO much for your prayers and expressions of sympathy. I haven't been active on the board for over a year and that was due to elder care in high gear. Those of you remember when we first met on the old mb, I was in 1st gear elder care with my Mom and she passed 7/6/2011. Then I quickly shifted to 5th gear when Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer on 8/29/2012 and he passed on 9/29. I am still in shock with everything that transpired between 8/29 and beyond. And now I am executor of the family estate.

I hope be check in more frequently as I adjust to my new life.

Looking forward to some "ME Time" cropping and cricuting!

Hugs,

Cheryl
HisGem Offline
#2033 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:05:54 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Hi All!

Just popped on to give my 2 cents on the Imagine fiasco!

I also wanted to say Happy Anniversary to Lisa BigGrin I pray it was a good oneWub

Cheryl, lifting you up in prayer...you have been through a lot in a short time. I also pray for wisdom, strength, patience, and endurance as you are the executor of the estate. That is no easy task!

I wanted ask, when you pray, please keep an elder and her family (Jones) at my church in prayer. They lost their mother in July and they found the youngest brother murdered on Friday.

I will check in...have a good rest of the weekend BigGrin
momto2 Offline
#2034 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 10:38:33 AM(UTC)
momto2

Good Morning All!!! I hope everyone is doing well and the Northeast sisters are taking cover and hunkering down for the hurricane. You all are in my prayers.

I am in the process of market research for my Mom's christmas present. My initial thought was to get her an E2 and a couple cartridges, but after reading on the E2 board, there seem to be some problems with it. If there are any problems/frustrations with it, she will probably not use it and go back to printing out clip art and handcutting. If you have an E2, can you give me your HONEST review of it. You can email me or PM me if you feel more comfortable that way.

My Mom is 72 and fairly proficient on the computer, but I don't think she would use a machine that required her to get her laptop or desktop out every time she had to cut some name tags for her prayer group (which is all she will use it for), hence the reason I am not looking at the same machine I use. She also does not internet shop (she is afraid to put her CC out there), so the eclips is not an option either. My last thought is to look for a cuttlebug and a few dies. She can get new dies right outside her neighborhood at that BRAND SPANKING NEW Hobby Lobby they have. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

His Gem. Please PM me your email addy. PNC on the cameo is supremely easy, even doing a PNC of a layered design yourself. I need to send you the tutorial I use. I do all my echo park cuts this way as they are wayyyy to small to layer myself. BTW, I thought you were very eloquent in your response on the imagine thread.
momto2 Offline
#2035 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 10:41:33 AM(UTC)
momto2

Originally Posted by: ScrapCheryl Go to Quoted Post
Hello my Cricut Sistas! First of all, thank you SO much for your prayers and expressions of sympathy. I haven't been active on the board for over a year and that was due to elder care in high gear. Those of you remember when we first met on the old mb, I was in 1st gear elder care with my Mom and she passed 7/6/2011. Then I quickly shifted to 5th gear when Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer on 8/29/2012 and he passed on 9/29. I am still in shock with everything that transpired between 8/29 and beyond. And now I am executor of the family estate.

I hope be check in more frequently as I adjust to my new life.

Looking forward to some "ME Time" cropping and cricuting!

Hugs,

Cheryl

Cheryl, I posted on your FB post, but I want to add one here. (((HUGS to you)). You are in my prayers. Such a huge amount to go thru in such a short time.
HisGem Offline
#2036 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:07:38 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Happy Tuesday...well really not that happy!

Thank you Momto2! I am really frustrated with the whole thing! Now my Imagine doesn't work properly nor does my E2! I think I have it now (Cameo). I was not sending the printed images to the cutter so I had to align the blade manually. Either way, the cuts are spot on!

As far as your mom is concerned, if the SS could be used on a net book, I would go with that machine and that way she does not have to pull anything out; the net book would be right there with it. AND since she is afraid to put her CC info out there, I would buy one of those prepaid cards solely for that purpose. Remember the portrait is smaller and could work for what she is going to use it for.

I may be speaking from an angry place right now, but I would not put her in this situation!

Waving hello to everyone!

CraftyNetta Offline
#2037 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:29:52 PM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Hello ladies,

I made it through the long work week and we made it through Sandy with out incident, thankfully. I managed to get the night off, so now I have a nice little stretch off. I go back to work on the 7th. So, I had my week planned out of the things I wanted to completed. Guess what I did, tossing the remote to my DH, my aim and short arms missed the target. It landed smack into my laptop and cracked the screenCursing Crying Cursing. Thankfully, my DH just fixed my sisters screen and my laptop should be fixed by this weekend. I am on his laptop and my phone, but not having any access to my files, websites, software and other stuff bites.

Cheryl-I am keeping you and your family uplifted in prayer. I hope you can enjoy your "Me Time"

Renee-I have not updated my E2 in a while and still use my gypsy with it so I have no issues with it. However, I think my last cut from the E2 was in early September. I will probably use it tomorrow since I can't cut with the other two machines.

Kenya- Yes, I heard about the tragedy there last week, so sad. I am so baffled about the thing people do. You are having trouble with your machines, SMH at PC. I have to thank you again for RAK, I love it all.

Cassie
-hope you had a great time spinning on your skates and was able to relax

Treva-Hope Sandy didn't cause damage your way.

Lisa-hey Lady take it easy

Hey Ellamap, Pkay and StrapnLu

It really sucks that you invest in these machine and they are not going to support them. Yet, they keep coming out with cartridges and other new add on and want the customers to support them. PC better fix the problem if they want to keep their customers.

Have a good day

~Netta~
Cassie Offline
#2038 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:36:31 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon All!
Cassie attached the following image(s):
IMAG0143.jpg
HisGem Offline
#2039 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:20:29 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Good morning!

@Cassie, I love the picture!

@Netta, I am so sorry about your laptop! The crazy thing is it doesn't take much for them to break and it costs a pretty penny to get it repairedAngry . At least it can be repaired and you didn't lose the dataBigGrin I am so happy you like the RAK; I wish I could have done more!

So the other day, my E2 would not go past the welcome screen. I am not sure why. It has been a while since I used it. I guess I need to turn it on at least once a week. I had to reset it. It is a little slower than it was, but at least it works now. My Imagine....it is what it is I guess. Netta, that is one positive thing about having a Cricut, you can still use it since it is not computer based...

I am sleepy today. Any plans for the weekend? I have a few DT projects to do. I am thinking about going shopping for Turkey Day dinner since it is in a few weeks. I can cut up bell peppers, pick greens and freeze them. That will be one less thing to do when it is time to cook.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2040 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:00:56 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Thursday and Happy November....

I'm glad its almost Friday, I'm in need a little downtime away from work/people. I don't know whats wrong with me but sometimes I just don't feel like being around people.

Cassie, cut picture; skating is one of the things my DD never cared to learn.

Netta, hope you get your laptop back soon; I'm lost without mine. I'm still in debt to you for your awesome kindnessBigGrin

Kenya, you have the right idea about starting early for your holiday meal. We are having dinner away from home so I won't be fixing a huge dinner.

As for the weekend, we will be going to another football game (tailgating) on Saturday. As a matter of fact I'm headed out at lunch time to get tickets to a basketball game tonight. My school (VCU) and DH's school (VUU) will be playing an exhibition game tonight, it should be fun and interesting. I hope to join the FNC on SOC tomorrow night and find some time to get my holiday cards done for the soldiers so I can get them in the mail by mid-week.

Waving hello and reminding everyone to keep those affected by Sandy lifted in prayer, keep our nation and leaders lifted as we prepare to vote next Tuesday. Pray for leaders all over the world and peace.