Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

87 Pages«<8384858687>
Gaylen Offline
#2521 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 11:11:22 PM(UTC)
Gaylen

Groups: Registered

Happy Presidents Day Everyone!
It was warm enough today for a Presidents Day Cookout.Having all seasons within a week is getting real frustrating. I need it to be winter or spring. LOL

I haven't been very creative the last few days.But I need to get it together. Taking vacation at the end of the week and I like to have a scrapbook plan for those days it might rain or get cold and I get stuck inside.I need to have a plan on what to work on. Thinking digital may be the easier way to go but I still need to choose the event to scrap. I ordered some Prima Doll stamps and I was really surprised at the size. About to order the Marvy Border Punches so I can try to alter them to fit my CM Border System.Looks easy on the instructions but thinking DH needs to handle the alterations (someone to blame if it gets messed up).

Just realized why I have not been as productive...keep getting wrapped up in the Olympics. Usually late at night I hang out in my craftroom. It's time for the Olympics to come on so I will watch until I fall asleep on the sofa.

Waving at all you crafty ladies. Take care and stay warm if you are in the middle of the snow stuff.

Gaylen~
Cassie Offline
#2522 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:33:51 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Good Morning All & Happy Tuesday!!!

I had a week off from my work and for the first time in ages, I actually accomplished things. Now, a week off wasn't the real plan.

Monday - Worked my usual 10 hrs
Tuesday - In CT visiting family
Wednesday - Returned home just in time to get the kiddos off the bus
Thursday - Time to head back to work. Wait.... Woke up to 10" of snow. On Skype for 8.5 hours with Lisa crafting, cooking, washing dishes, crafting, and welcoming 2 more inches of snow.
Friday - My usual day off. Married Couples Retreat
Monday - Holiday

I finished another set of 6 gift bags and 5 'purse' style invites. Nothing left but the 6 skinny tumblers. Will do those on Friday to complete the order. I even got a little work in for part time boss. It'll be ages before I see another accidental extended vacation. LOL!!

Alright, I think I need another cup of hot chocolate.

Have a GREAT day ALL!

Edited by user Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:35:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cropdropnroll Offline
#2523 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:57:15 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Good morning and Happy Tuesday!

Just dropping by to say hello. Did some crafting over the past few days. Had an awesome virtual crop with Cassie for over 8 hours!! Thanks, Cassie!!

Will post a few pics later.

Waving hello to all!!
cropdropnroll attached the following image(s):
IMG_20140209_223309_421.jpg
WizChallenge#4.jpg
Cupcake KittenCard.jpg
 1 user thanked cropdropnroll for this useful post.
Creative Adventure Mom on 3/8/2014(UTC)
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2524 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:25:29 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Was thanked: 432 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Hello Wednesday!!!

A cool and rainy day in our area, snow should be gone soon! I'm ready for Spring, I think I eat more when its cold outside. I can't seem to stop snacking at my desk (don't know what's up with that). I need to get moving so I can get some of this weight off before I have to hear it from my doctorSad

Cassie, looks like you had lots of fun last week!
Gaylen, how will you store the larger stamps? Have fun on your vacation!

Waving hello and wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday.
cropdropnroll Offline
#2525 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:03:11 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Happy Friday Eve!

JCI to give our thread a little bump. Nothing majorly crafty going on today. I have a request to do a masculine 16th birthday card, so I'll be working on that this weekend. DH's bday is Sunday, so I'll be busy with him, as well.

Waving hello to all.

Be blessed.

Lisa
HisGem Offline
#2526 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:15:01 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Happy Thursday!

Monday we got hit with a Winter Storm, Tuesday it was gorgeous 47 degrees, Wednesday not so bad, today snow/rain/slush mix Glare tomorrow is supposed to be cold. I pray the doors don't freeze. I am so over winter!! I guess it is better than being well below zero which is where we've been since December. The energy company is loving it! The city has had so many water main breaks and the pot holes....eye roll!

Lissa, love the projects!

Lissa and Cassie, aren't virtual crops the best? My sis/friend in OR and I crop almost every Saturday. We Skype and then sometimes we FaceTime my friend who is just starting out crafting. Good times!

Cassie, I can't wait to see the projects. I so need your energy!

Waving hello to Treva, Netta, Gaylen, hey Felicia long time no "see", and others!

I have been getting in the lab a little more these days. I hope to be able to keep the momentum and give my blog love on a regular basis again. It feels good once I get started; it is the getting started that is the problem LOL. Alright ladies, have a good evening. Stay warm and dry! Kenya~
pumpkin918 Offline
#2527 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:57:20 PM(UTC)
pumpkin918

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi everyone,

I have been reading more than posting. I am soo over winter. Yeah, I know I am over hearing that statement as well. I just wanted to say Hi and stay warm.

Take care!
ellamap Offline
#2528 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:50:31 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello ladies! I hope everyone is well! I hear you all about winter! God gave us a gorgeous day yesterday. It was my birthday and it was a pleasant gift to go outside and feel the warm sunshine on my face!! Now we are in a tornado watch with thunderstorms. Then the temp drops back to winter.
Gaylen- I have some of the doll stamps. I want to get the tag book too. It's like playing paper dolls again!
Lisa- love your cards!
Tp- I'm right there with you on the eating! I never eat this much in summer. I think mine could be boredom.
I took the plunge and bought an Explore. From the videos I've watched, it looks fantastic! And the software seems to be very user friendly. I have a pink Wishblade that I bought before I'd even heard of Cricut and I can use the Silhouette software with it. I've had a hard time learning that software. So, I'm super excited about the Explore.
Guess I'll go get a snack. Just kidding!! Have a great Friday and weekend!
Cassie Offline
#2529 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:17:47 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Monday.

Hmm, I don't know if it's really all that happy. I am EXHAUSTED!!!!! Black History program at church yesterday but the prep work, I had to do all week, drained the life out of me. Choir rehearsals, dance rehearsals, and 4 poster boards. I couldn't even complete my SOC Challenge. I had 0 energy, by the time I got home. This coming weekend I'm headed back to CT to see my mom, who just had major surgery.

Ella - Happy Belated Birthday!! LOL on that snack. I tried to convince dh to fix me some nachos last night, but he didn't cave. That was good though because I didn't need them that late. He was too tired to move.

Pumpkin - hey, hey!!

Kenya - When I opened my gas bill last week, I almost fainted. It's been a cold January.

I guess the poster boards will count as my weekend craft project. LOL!! The end of February is here and although I didn't make my goal to be all caught up on DD's school albums, I was pretty darn close. I only have 5th grade left, which I believe is 3 layouts. I'll get them done next month. Then it is on to DS's school.

Have a GREAT day everyone.
cropdropnroll Offline
#2530 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 11:18:18 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Good Afternoon,

JCI quickly to say hello, before my team meeting at work. No crafty happenings this past weekend due to an unwelcomed visit by some "cooties" that tried to get comfortable at our house!! Unh, uh! Not having it!! I had to command that those critters to leave the house, EXPEDITIOUSLY, in Jesus Name! Do you know how much they impact the mojo flow... unreal!! Glare. Now that the fog has cleared, my hope is to get back to some crafting, and get caught up (and get ahead) on some DT projects!!

HisGem - I think I could get used to virtual cropping with Cassie on a regular basis. Hint, hint... BigGrin

Thanks to all for the card love! I need to do more to build my non-existant stash! Flapper

Waving hello to all. Stay warm. Spring is on the horizon!

Hugs,

Lisa
Cassie Offline
#2531 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:53:17 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Hump Day!!

Lisa - I got the hint, lol! I really do want to plan a stay in and crop day for next month, since we aren't going away.

Does anyone have the Best Man Christmas on DVD? I want to know what the alternate ending is. I'm disappointed because I purchased the DVD but not Blu-ray. I'm thinking the alternate ending must be on blu-ray. I'd like to complain to someone about that.

Nothing much going on here. A little snow yesterday and a little more falling as I type. We're having a potluck at work today, so I'll be tied up with that. I need to finish 6 tumblers this week to close out the order. While I finished her bags and invites, I wasn't going to start the tumblers until she paid. I've been browsing FB and I have seen so many wonderful things to try. My mind is racing. I'm doing another vendor showcase with Lisa in May.

Have a GREAT day ALL & Stay Warm.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:55:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cassie Offline
#2532 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 6:34:06 PM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Happy Friday!!

Page 7!!!!!!! WOW. Lot's of Explore talk.

In CT visiting my mom after her surgery. Came up with some wine glasses to glitter up. That is cracking my family up that I came with arts & crafts.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Cassie Offline
#2533 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 7:59:18 PM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Snow Day check in! We were down on page 8. I've been crafting away with Lisa. We've been on Skype now 9hrs. 45min. School is closed tomorrow and dh has a training in Baltimore, so I have to stay home with the kids. No complaints though.

I've updated by blog with some recent projects. I didn't use my cricut, so I won't post them here.

Have a GREAT day!!!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2534 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:59:12 PM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

I had a blast with Cassie yesterday, during our virtual crop. We had to have been on Skype for 10+ hours - crafting, cooking, cleaning, crafting, cooking, shooing the kids away, crafting, ... etc!! I would have loved to do that again today, but duty called - and my leave balance wouldn't allow for it! Glare

Nothing to post, yet, as I finished my DT project for next week (woo hoo - I'm early for a change)! So, I'll be sure to come back and post pics.

Waving hello to all. Sending warm thoughts to all who need them.

Take care.

Lisa

Edited by user Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:02:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar edit

Gaylen Offline
#2535 Posted : Wednesday, March 05, 2014 4:58:21 PM(UTC)
Gaylen

Hey there everyone!
WOW! That virtual crop sounds like so much fun.I need to try that. My sister lives in Calif and I am in Tx so we never get to crop together. This might be the thing for us. Looks like we are all getting hit with this ridiculous weather. Sat. I washed my car in shorts, Sunday it was wind chill of 4 degrees.It was so cold and icy I didn't leave home Sunday or Monday. Tues was great! The weather got better and my daughter flew in for a visit.We spent the day in our pj's today just hugging, talking and making plans to scrapbook.Think I might clean up the craftroom while she sorts her pictures to print.She also wants to make cards while she's here. LOVE THIS!!

She loves my new Prima Dolls. These are the larges stamps I own. Looks like they will fit in the DVD cases that I am starting to use for storage. Just trying to find the best deal on buying the cases so I can unmount my stamps from wood. I also introduced my daughter to the new Ahni & Zoe by CM products. She loves the ease of them so she just ordered 3 albums.

Making a trip to IKEA in the morning.Looking for more cheap storage solutions for my craftroom and decorating stuff for my daughter's new apt. That's going to be our girl day for Thursday.Friday my husband is taking her to a MMA match for their time together. I know she hates being an only child.She has to do crafts and the fights.
Ok...looks like I have just written an autobiography...can you tell I talk a lot:) I need my own blog so I can write/talk forever!
Always happy to read what all of you are doing...crafty or just life. Waving at everyone...Have a fabulous crafty time!
~Gaylen
ScrapCheryl Offline
#2536 Posted : Wednesday, March 05, 2014 6:22:36 PM(UTC)
ScrapCheryl

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello Everyone!!! Guess who's coming out of the woodwork? Yes, ME!!! I got my Explore last Thursday and can't wait to get home everyday to play with it! What have I created? The Thank You card and cut 2 things with the vinyl. Tonight I want to work on something with the Duck tape and see if the regular American Crafts pens will work.

How do you stay in touch with all of the social media? I feel SO SLACK because I can only manage one site and I see many of you on SOC, FB (MULTIPLE groups thereOhMyGod and can barely keep up with one!

Anyway, I have finally curtailed my shopping and actually use my stash. I HAVE to because I have NO SPACE for anything else!

Anyway, wishing all a very happy, crafty day! C
Cassie Offline
#2537 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 3:44:53 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Friday Eve!!!

Gaylen – Now that is a treasured memory to be snuggled up in your pjs with DD. Cracking up that she has to craft and go to fights. When I first received my Prima Doll stamps, I was in disbelief at how big it was. I’m sure the measurements were listed when I made the purchase, but I paid it no mind, because when I saw them on projects, they looked “normal”, lol! I love Ikea. I went twice last week.

Cheryl – I feel the same way about social media. It’s overwhelming. When I post a project, I just dread having to post it in multiple locations for the various media outlets. Then I feel like I overwhelm the people who keep up with them all, because they are seeing that same project everywhere. LOL!! It is the age we live in.

When the onset of the explore and what it can do, I decided to go ahead and post my project anyway. I always leave this site off the whole social media posting....

Have a GREAT day ALL!!
Cassie Offline
#2538 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 3:47:46 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

With the onset of the explore and what it can do, I decided to go ahead and post my project anyway. I always leave this site off the whole social media posting....

Edited by user Thursday, March 06, 2014 3:51:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cassie attached the following image(s):
Notepads.jpg
 1 user thanked Cassie for this useful post.
Creative Adventure Mom on 3/8/2014(UTC)
ellamap Offline
#2539 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 4:37:29 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hi all! Happy Friday!! We need to chat more now that the board is all buzzing with the Explore. I bought one and I'm so glad I did! I just couldn't quite grasp the Silhouette software. Everyone kept saying how easy it was to learn. I felt rather dumb. I didn't pay for the classes. I kept putting it off until I had time to devote to them. But this has been easy enough for me. I uploaded an school the second day I had it. It's really fun!
Cassie- love your projects! They look like leather or something in the pics!!
I'm keeping the boys tonight so I better go and play!!
Waving hello to all! Have a great weekend!
Creative Adventure Mom Offline
#2540 Posted : Saturday, March 08, 2014 3:49:26 PM(UTC)
Creative Adventure Mom

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi Everybody,

I actually use my Cricut again. Hopefully I will start to post more projects on the message board again. Is this group on Facebook?

Create a Friend Cart Ballerina
My first time cutting a cereal box in my Cricut Expression - blade 6, pressure max & multi cut 4

Natalie

Edited by user Saturday, March 08, 2014 3:51:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Creative Adventure Mom attached the following image(s):
IMG_7417.JPG
Cassie Offline
#2541 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 3:49:38 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Monday

Has that lost hour gotten you down? LOL!!

Ella - Thanks!

Natalie - Very cute. Yes, post away projects.

It's going to be in the mid 60s (temp wise) today and tomorrow but by Thursday, we're expecting a high of 37. I just want spring to come. I'm ready to hear the birds chirping and see the beautiful sun beaming.

Craft wise - I'm still working on my glittered stem wine glasses. My plan is to wrap that up this week. I read on FB that it takes 4 weeks to cure, once you add the sealant. Glad I started this early for the event on Mother's Day weekend.

Have a GREAT day ALL!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2542 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:09:58 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Tuesday, I'm still chasing my lost hour of sleep......

It has been a while since I dropped in, don't really know why; I've been so busy that I haven't been able to keep up with much of anythingBigGrin Everybody in the house has been suffering with colds and allergies; I'm so looking forward to Spring and warm temperatures.

Waving hello and wishing everyone well.
Gaylen Offline
#2543 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:01:11 PM(UTC)
Gaylen

Hi Ladies!
Checking in on craft progress. I see Cassie has posted the cutest notepads ever.I love seeing your craft pics! I am in the middle of making pillows for my DD. She asked for them last May...just getting around to it. Not good at sewing so it takes me longer to get motivated. I made a post on my FB page this week about attending a funeral of a co-worked who died suddenly. On my way home that day I couldn't stop thinking about how many unfinished craft projects I would leave if I died suddenly.Seems like a trivial thought but I imagine my husband getting rid of my bargains I found for my projects.Anyway, I am determined to stop procrastinating and get them finished. I have my fabric for my first quilt, new knitting needles and yarn for my first scraf, numerous unfinished scrapbooks and the list goes on! Can't die til I get this stuff done.LOL

Waving at everyone (hand in the air) and wishing you all happy craft time.

Gaylen
Cassie Offline
#2544 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 10:00:32 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon All & Happy Monday, Snow Day, & St. Patty's Day!!!

Gaylen - What a way to put unfinished projects into perspective. Very true too. My DH wouldn't know what to do without the help of one of my crafty sistas.

Made it in at noon, since they plowed my street early this time around. When I got here, my aunt calls to tell me to bring DD to get her sports physical done. Huh??? DH is not trying to leave the house. I'm here now, so I guess it won't happen. Maybe they'll take her tomorrow.

Anyone check out the new shows? Resurrection with Omar Epps and Crisis with Lance Gross. I watched Crisis this morning and love it. Going to be quite interesting. Maybe tomorrow, I'll get to catch up on the first 2 episodes of Resurrection.

Have a GREAT day!

Edited by user Monday, March 17, 2014 10:02:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cassie Offline
#2545 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:22:31 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Happy Hump Day!!! Where is everyone?

Finally finished my glitter stem wine glasses. Time consuming project but I like the end result. I have them posted on my blog.

Have a GREAT day ALL!!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:23:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~~TP98~~ Offline
#2546 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:49:34 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Wednesday, Happy Hump Day and Happy Last Day of Winter!

I'm so looking forward to Spring, the kids have had way too much time out of school due to inclement weather and not to mention Washington being shut downBigGrin

Gaylen, I was cracking up when I read your post....I surely don't want to die before I get my stuff organized so someone would be able to sort through it without having an anxiety attack!

Cassie, the wine glasses came out really nice.

This is my second day back in the office after having a wonderful weekend of fun and relaxation. I really enjoyed hanging out in Williamsburg with Sharon and a few other friends, we even went to the Outlets and only made purchases in the Yankee Candle Shop where we took our picture with Santa (my daughter thought that was hilarious). We did get some crafting done but not too much but we surely ate well.

So who bit the bullet and bought the new Explore? Sharon had hers with her but I didn't even give it a tryBigGrin.

I have way too much going on at work so I guess I best get back to it. Waving hello, sending cyber hugs and wishing everyone a great day.
Cassie Offline
#2547 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 3:58:49 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Monday!

Just giving us a nudge from page 8.

Thanks Treva!

Had some crafty time with Lisa on Saturday. She's probably still kicking me for having her do painting/vinyl on canvas project. She finished it but the joke was on me. The same design she vinyled, I cut out to place on a shirt. He was HORRIBLE trying to weed it. Think my vinyl was old. I ended up tossing it and just using the layered words. I'll have to post a pic some time this week.

Have a GREAT day!! Miss all the chatter in this group.
cropdropnroll Offline
#2548 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:17:24 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Good Afternoon & Happy Friday Eve!!

JCI to give our thread a big boost back to page 1!! What the ham&cheese is going on??!!

Cassie - I'm not kicking, per se, just screaming! LOL! I think that project was so tedious b/c of the vinyl. My vinyl has been around for a while, so I'm willing to order some new vinyl and try it again (esp. since DH is placing an order - haha!!). See pic for my first canvas work... thanks to Cassie!! BigGrin

Waving hello to all.

cropdropnroll attached the following image(s):
IMG_20140322_201016_512.jpg
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2549 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:01:33 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Thursday, I really thought I had posted earlier this weekBigGrin

Nothing exciting and new going on just really busy at work and home, can't seem to catch my breathe! I have been working in my daughter's smash book, need to make and get some cards in the mail, I need another getaway!

Lisa, love your canvas project....did you do anything to the canvas before applying the vinyl and how did you seal it? I have some canvas and would like to do one of the split letters or subway are on it.

Cassie, saw those cute burlap bags.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day!
HisGem Offline
#2550 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:10:56 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Hey hey hey!!

It's been a minute since I popped in. I spy some awesome projects BigGrin Not much going on with me. I have been able to make a couple projects for DTs but nothing for me personally.
I can tell you this, I am looking forward to a warm up! It is supposed to get up to 60 degrees on Sunday....very welcomed as it was only 22 degrees yesterday and we had flurries this morning.

Anywho, I need to get to some blogs and show love......c-ya, Kenya~