Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

87 Pages«<84858687>
Cassie Offline
#2551 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 2:59:37 AM(UTC)
Cassie

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Good Morning All & Happy Monday!!!!!

It rained ALL day Saturday & Sunday, followed by a burst of snow yesterday afternoon. I couldn't believe it. Nothing that was going to stick, but really? I was just getting over a sinus attack and messed myself up, helping a friend setup her hubby's party Friday. It was hot, I ministered in dance, & immediately after cleaning up (it's now midnight), stood outside another 15 minutes or so chatting. Although the weather was mild, I was still sweating. Now, I have a real head cold. I developed a cough yesterday, which is the only thing really irritating me. I'm forging on...

Treva - Thanks! For the canvas, I prepped with 2 layers of gesso. I've read others using mod podge or nothing at all. I haven't sealed one yet, after I put the vinyl on, but I plan to with the one I'm working on this week, just to see the difference.

Kenya - I'm with you, looking for a warm up. We'll get a little sun later on this week.

Dance link is HERE.

Have a GREAT day ALL!

Edited by user Monday, March 31, 2014 3:03:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~~TP98~~ Online
#2552 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 9:13:11 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Was thanked: 432 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Hello and Happy Wednesday.....

Happy Happy Birthday Cheryl aka ScrapCheryl!

I'm happy and enjoying the warmer temps, looking forward to a wonderful weekend. My daughter is headed out of town for a school trip tomorrow (I'm not overly happy since this is her first overnight trip without me or her dad). My son is coming in a for a weekend visit so his sister will be beyond happy when she sees him show up in Virginia Beach. My parents will be happy to see him too as my father is being installed as a deacon at church on Sunday so we'll all be there. It will be bittersweet since this will be the first time we will be getting together and my oldest sister won't be there.

I've been so busy getting my daugther ready that I haven't had anytime to scrap. I hope to be back on track next week trying to use more of my stash. Once she leaves tomorrow I'll have to spend sometime do some chores since I won't have time this weekend.

So there you have another rendition of my Wednesday Wanderings, waving hello and wishing everyone a great day.
ellamap Offline
#2553 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:30:20 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hi all!
I haven't checked in for a while. I've been learning all the things I can do with this Explore. It is fairly easy. I have the Pink Wishblade which works wit h the Silhouette software but I can't grasp all of that software. So I'm happy to be able to use my carts and svg's.
Cassie-love the dance! You do it so beautifully. I can see the Spirit moving you.
Tp- I know it's hard to let your dd go off without you or her dad. I still remember my fifth-grade daughter going on an overnight with her class without me. I worried more than I should have. When my son went, he begged me not to go! Lol!
It's nice your son is coming! I feel you about your sister. My mom has been gone for 7 years and family get togethers still feel empty without her. We just have to remember they are with us.
I hope to make some Easter deco this week. I love the different projects I can make. I want to make one of those card in a box thingy too!
Have a good rest of the week!!
Cassie Offline
#2554 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 2:40:23 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Tuesday.

Sunshine is on the way!

Ella - Thanks!!

Nothing going on. Trying to fill 8 more seats at my crop next month. I'd hate to cancel, yet again. I could still roll with the small group. Doesn't matter as long as I get some layout time in. LOL!

Have a GREAT day ALL!
CraftyNetta Offline
#2555 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 8:42:27 PM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Hello ladies,

It has been a while since I last checked in or post here as I see most of you on FB. My projects at work has consumed most of my time. I am making it a point to check in here as well as keep my blog update. I have to get in my craftroom at least once a week to create something. Work has been so busy that I had to turn down a few projects, but I have another diaper cake and tshirt order coming up so I am excited about these projects.
I need to catch up on the boards, I see great projects from the ladies, and you all keep me inspired.

Cassie, I wish I could come to the retreat but I cannot pull it together in time.

Waving hi to everyone and I will be back soon.
Have a good night.

~~Netta~~
Cassie Offline
#2556 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 4:50:03 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Monday!!!!!

Just checking in.
Gaylen Offline
#2557 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:34:26 PM(UTC)
Gaylen

Hello Ladies!
Checking in and realized it's been a minute.Just keeping busy like everyone.Wrapped up a couple of projects, like my daughter's pillows.She was so happy I felt guilty for taking so long.She sent me a text that I am an "Amazing Mother". Just feeling like a procrastinating mother. Almost done with album for my elderly aunt...just a little journaling left and page protectors. Thinking I could finish and drop it off tomorrow to her...completed! Next project will be a few scarfs to knit and my strip quilt. On a roll!

My DH always says we make time for what we want to do. It's time I set aside time to finish these projects...as I continue to add more projects to the list. LOL. Just discovered an old dresser I want to do a whimsical paint job and conversion to an outdoor buffet. Seems like a cute idea but can't find a picture on Pinterest.

OK,ladies...lets make time for some crafts. Keep those pictures coming so we can all be inspired! Feeling committed Woot

Gaylen
Cassie Offline
#2558 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:45:39 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Who ordered up this dose of winter? Rain, wind, and a freeze, in the middle of April...

Good Morning All,

It is time for me to get down with some card making. I have a vendor showcase on May 10 and another on May 17(way smaller, 3 hrs at a church) and I need to make plenty of cards. So far, I've done 8 mother's day cards. Trying to do a total of 20-30. the 10th is the day before MD. So those will be for the late folks, lol! My real goal is father's day, graduation and birthday cards.

I'm off tomorrow, so I hope to barracade myself in the Cafe. Helping at the church Friday for our annual Good Friday fish fry. Saturday, back in the cafe.

Have a GREAT day ALL!!!
~~TP98~~ Online
#2559 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2014 12:22:19 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Good Friday...I was doing the happy count down dance earlier but now I'm sleepy and not wanting to press on for the next two hours. I have been trying to check in and post al week but for some reason I never got around to it.

Waving hello and glad to see Netta checking in, I need to check out some blogs.
Gaylen, glad you have been able to complete some of your projects.

Not too much crafting going on in my world for some reason, hoping I can still make the crop since my car died earlier this week. No big plans for the weekend, we were going to DC to see the Cherry Bloossoms (sp) but not now and I think they are calling for rain tomorrow anyway. Our daughter has been visiting colleges all week so she's tired and will need to get back into school mode. We'll go to church and then dinner with the family on Sunday.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a blessed Easter, making more memories to scrap!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2560 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 5:49:51 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Happy Friday Everybody!!

JCI to see what's going on, and to give our thread a BIG boost! Not much crafting going on in my world, these days - my mojo has left the building. Crying I guess life has gotten in the way. I'm praying for strength, grace, and favor to carry us through this "season" that my family is going through.

Treva - I'm planning to attend the crop next weekend, even if it turns out to just be a "getaway". Hope to see you there. Sorry to hear about your car.

Netta - Sorry that work has been so hectic. I pray that in your moments of weakness, God's strength will be perfected and manifested in your life. (I'm going to grab some of these crumbs for myself, too.)

Gaylen - Glad to hear you finished the pillows and are wrapping up some projects! Way to go. Keep up the good work; and thanks for holding it down for us slackers! LOL.LOL

Waving hello to all. Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa
Cassie Offline
#2561 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 11:58:18 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Hey y'all! Happy Monday!!

Just wanted to check in and see what's happening in your world.
~~TP98~~ Online
#2562 Posted : Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:03:36 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Thursday.....

It's been a while and our little thread needed a boost. Its rainy and dreary outside and I'd rather be at home sleeping. Between the news and the weather I'm feeling down. Lots and lots going on the schedule never seems to contain any downtown!

So what's on your agenda for NSD? I am planning to attend Cassie's crop on Saturday, life and everything else prevents me from being able to go tomorrow. Oh well this will be the second weekend straight for a roadtrip. I have high hopes for getting lots done. (LOL) I just realized next weekend is Mother's Day, I sure hope my mother understands if I don't have the energy to drive down.Sad

Waving hello and wishing everyone a blessed day?
Cassie Offline
#2563 Posted : Friday, May 02, 2014 5:17:14 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning!!

Just chiming in from the breakfast table. Teacher appreciation gifts are on today's menu.

Have a great day!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2564 Posted : Monday, May 05, 2014 8:18:38 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Happy "stretching and yawning" Monday!

JCI, following a wonderful Craft-cation weekend in Hagerstown, hosted by Cassie's Craft Cafe! I didn't finish as many projects as I had hoped to, but something is better than nothing! LOL. I was able to make a few MD cards, finish 1.75 canvas projects, and get through 3/5 of the work needed for some graduation (celebration) invites for DS in June. In our usual retreat fashion, many of us burned the midnight, 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, ... oil; and now I'm feeling it!! Blink. But it was worth it; and yes, I would do it again... maybe in October!! LOL LOL LOL .

Thanks for a great weekend, ladies (Cassie, LaMeka, Vernetta, Treva, E V, Catina, Pat, Gwen, Ms. Glo, and Ms. Ruth)!!

Netta - I checked out your diaper cakes on FB - great job!!!

Waving hello to all the crafty peeps that visit and follow this thread.

Peace & Blessings.
Lisa
Cassie Offline
#2565 Posted : Tuesday, May 06, 2014 11:14:49 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon All & Happy Sunshine Tuesday!!!!!

We had a fantastic time at the craft-cation. I can't wait for another one!!

Lisa - Giiiirrrrrrrrrllllll, you are a fool... 1.75 canvases. I know it's true but seeing that decimal just cracked me up.

Where is everyone? Enjoying some great weather? I know I am. Busy week #2. Vendor showcase on Saturday and I'm not 110% prepared. Anyhoo, have a GREAT day!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2566 Posted : Wednesday, May 07, 2014 7:27:13 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Happy Hump Day!!

JCI to give our thread a little boost. I have received an interesting request for wedding rehearsal dinner invitations. The catch is that the theme is "Alice in Wonderland"!! WTW???? Now, I really wanted to ask if the bride was 10 years old, or something; but wisdom kicked in! LOL. I haven't been given much time to do these invitations, so I may take a few short-cuts. Laugh The rehearsal dinner is June 7, and the request came in yesterday!

APB: Cut or print files for Alice, Mad Hatter, Rabbit... Thanks, in advance.

Cassie - You know I have to keep it real!! I'm just mad that I only need to add 1 more word and seal the canvas; but I haven't had an urge to finish it. What's up with that????

Sending waves of warm air, sunshine, and happy thoughts!

Lisa

Edited by user Wednesday, May 07, 2014 8:19:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar

~~TP98~~ Online
#2567 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 11:18:34 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Thursday.....I'm so sleepy, still trying to catch up from staying up all night at Cassie's crop...I think I'm going to sleep in on Saturday, can't waitBigGrin This has been the longest week ever; I can't keep my eyes open!

Mother's Day is Sunday and of course I have only made a few cards so it looks like I may be going to the store within the next few daysSad

I had lots of fun at the crop, got a few LOs completely done with the exception of the journaling. I happy to report I did not go shpping while I was there even though I was tempted I just shopped other scrappers stash when I needed something that I didn't have.

Oh well I've got three more hours so I'm going to make the best of it by pouring myself into my work!

-Later.
CraftyNetta Offline
#2568 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:27:13 PM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Good evening ladies,

How is everyone, looks like you all had a blast and created some awesome projects at the retreat last weekend. I keep saying I wish I lived a a little closer I would join the fun.
For NSD I completed a diaper cake, worked on a church poster board and dabbled in my copics for Mother's Day Card. Now I have to complete the cards.

Thanks Lisa!!

Have you tried using the new Cricut Design Space, I am curious how it works with the gypsy. I need to figure out what to do with it gypsy and carts, because I don't use it as much.

On a sad note, Karen (Wrinkle Free Diva) fiance passed away today. My heart is broken for her, and I am keeping her in prayer.

I have an early morning, I will check back in over the weekend.
Have a great day.

Netta
Cassie Offline
#2569 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 4:00:13 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Monday

Page 10!!! Yikes. We are fading fast.

Had another showcase at a church event last Saturday and the event was a low turnout. I mean low. The service itself was GREAT though, so although I wasn't finanically fed, I was certainly spiritually fed.

I'm off to look for craft fairs. I need to hit a craft event, to really test the waters.

Have a GREAT day ALL!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2570 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2014 8:09:36 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Nothing crafty happening in my world since Cassie's crop almost 3 weeks ago. Crying I need to get to the table to finish DS graduation (celebration) invites! Memorial Day in-home crop on tap!!

Netta - I was blown when Cassie told me about WFD's fiance!! What a heart-breaker. Wish you were closer, too. We'd love to have you at one of our crops. If you ever come, you have to do a class on extravagant diaper cakes!! LOL

Cassie - Sorry that the showcase did not feed your pockets; but I'm glad your Spriit was fed!! Laugh

Waving hello to all.

Peace & Blessings.

Lisa
~~TP98~~ Online
#2571 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:30:29 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Tuesday, I'm on the down spin of this work day. I can't believe I hadn't stopped in to post in what seems like forever. There's just takes so much to try to keep upBigGrin

Lisa, I haven't completed a LO since the crop either, only some cards so I'm not happy! The Memorial Day in home crop sounds nice but I think I'll be working at least part of the day.

Cassie, I'm in agreement with Lisa about the showcase, maybe a craft fair is just what you need to give that venture a boost. It can be a little different if you aren't showcasing to people that appreciate handmade and the value of itBigGrin

On a side note I'll be hosting FNC on SOC this Friday so if you all want to stop in chat or craft a bit we'll get started around 9:00 and we should be having an image to share too.

Waving hello, sending cyber hugs and best wishes for a wonderful week.
Cassie Offline
#2572 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:14:18 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Hey All.... Happy Tuesday!

Just chiming in. No crafting lately but I've been rearranging the Café. It's a hot mess right now, but I have 2 projects to complete and some sample items for a customer. Last day of my vacation. Hubby & I are headed to see Xmen.

Have a GREAT day!
HisGem Offline
#2573 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:28:50 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 334 post(s)
It certainly has not been months since I posted here!?!?! Goodness! Hope all is well with everyone. Not much scrapping/crafting going on, but I have been busy creating!

I am looking forward to the girls getting out of school for the summer. We are finally getting warm weather. Today is a little muggy, but I am not complaining! I will take this over the cold we had...seem as if it took forever for spring to come!

Well, I just wanted to pop my head in to say hello since I was logged in the forum.

Happy anniversary to you Cassie!!

Waving hello to all, Kenya~
Gaylen Offline
#2574 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:05:50 PM(UTC)
Gaylen

Hi Ladies (waving)
Just reading all the post since I was last here. Not sure where the time goes but it is flying like crazy. Finished a few more projects but not nearly enough. Finally painted my front door, which meant I had to make new wreaths to hang...DONE! I think I have had the materials for the wreath for over a year. I finished the photo album for my elderly aunt and presented it to her. Getting ready for VBS at church. I have to prepare for the crafts.Decided to sacrifice my collection of bottle caps and toilet paper rolls (2 trash bags full)that I was saving to do some Pinterest projects. All that scrapbook paper in prints I don't like will come in very handy.

Headed off to clean up my craftroom. Lady from church coming over tomorrow to works on craft prep with me. Can't let her see my room in this condition.

Happy crafting to everyone. Hope to check in more often to keep us bumped up.

Be Blessed,
Gaylen
~~TP98~~ Online
#2575 Posted : Wednesday, June 04, 2014 9:01:44 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Wednesday, it has been a while! I actually thought I tried to post last week but it seems it landed in cyberspace and not here. Waving hello and wishing everyone a wonderfully blessed day. Life has been busy so of course I can't play as much as I want, I have been keeping busy though. I try to update my blog weekly and share on other sites, it can almost become another job! So what's on your agenda for the summer anything exciting? We're still trying to finalize our schedule so far we have a family reunion in TN at the end of July and we're tossing around the idea of doing the Tom Joyner family reunion again too. I'm not thrilled about anything since we have yet to find me another car.
Cassie Offline
#2576 Posted : Friday, June 06, 2014 4:35:19 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning & Happy Friday!!!!!

One more week til school ends and my children have projects galore. What is up with that? My son is at fault with his last minute self as he's had one project for 2 weeks and kept forgetting to give me all the requirements. We made his kite in 2 days as well as his rainforest diorama. I could scream. Yesterday, DD came home with a project she has due on Monday. Luckily, she can do most of it without my assistance. I thin I only have to get involved to help create the wanted poster. Shesh, I have my own projects I want to try and finish for a teacher and bus driver.

The weekend is here. My plans? Get passport for the kids, purge and file more paper than I know what to do with, try to start and finish 2 gifts, catch up with my DVR.

Have a GREAT weekend ALL!
~~TP98~~ Online
#2577 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:32:35 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Tuesday....

JCI to wish everyone a happy scrappin' week....Did you get your Father's Day cards done yet?

Cassie I totally understand about the projects the last two weeks of school, what are these teachers thinking? Don't they know the kids are in vacation mode already? We have just 2 1/2 more days left and one week before camp starts.

DH is out of town again this week so I'm hoping to get some play time in!
Gaylen Offline
#2578 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:15:36 PM(UTC)
Gaylen

Hi Ladies!!
Trying to do better about checking in. Hope all is well with everyone. Still trying to crank out my graduation cards. I so want to have it done. Attended the Great American Scrapbook Convention today with some of my scrapping buddies.Great fun and really good demos.Most of all I am so happy I did not buy everything I saw.There were some cute layouts and stamps. Now I just want to go in the craftroom and make stuff.

Hope we all find time to get crafty this summer and take lots of vacation pics so we can be more behind on our scrapbooking. Have a great week ya'll (as we say in Texas)

Gaylen
Cassie Offline
#2579 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 10:35:59 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon All & Happy Monday!!!!!

Gaylen - I am cracking up at taking more photos so we can be further behind. That always give me something to look forward to scrapping, lol! Wish I was going to GASC in my neck of the woods, but I'll be out of town this weekend. I love looking at stamps I don't see in the big box stores.

My kids are gone to CT with my dad. The house is quiet and I love it. Don't misunderstand me, I love those beautiful bundle of joys, but they needed a break from us. I'm going to be geared up for summer fun, when they return.

Finished several projects last week. Guess I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow. I need to do 2 chargers this week in the midst of cleaning the house. This weekend is our annual women's retreat, so much of my craft this week, is geared towards that.

Alright all, have a GREAT day!
Cassie Offline
#2580 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:20:33 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

My latest projects, as promised.
Cassie attached the following image(s):
Awesome Dad.jpg
Fathers Day Tshirts copy.png
Money Cake Resized.png