Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 2:22:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Remember that we thought the yellow circles on the four sides of the mat in CCR with a yellow line through them might indicate we could not cut on the lines?

Today, I welded four pieces together across the four middle lines that lead up to the center. By lining up the particular shape I lined up, it cut out some areas across all four lines to make openings in my layout. In other words, the pieces in the middle had cutouts along the edges, so when I matched them up, there were openings that CUT for me on the CUT. I loved the look, as it ended up looking a little lacey from the middle of all four points to the outside edges.

I don't know if we're supposed to show any of the cuts we have done; since noone else has, I don't intend to be the first one to do so.

So, to back up on what we said before, CCR does cut across those lines.

I think where it won't, though, is if you lay one shape outside those lines and expect that one shape to cut bigger than 6X6".

Maybe some of you already knew this; I was pleasantly surprised it cut what I wanted--again, I welded four pieces together to the middle. I thought it would cut everything on the outside (those edges were going all the way out on all four sides of the mat, on my 12X12" paper), and merely not do anything in the middle and I would just fold everything on the middle lines.

Does any of this make sense to anyone else?

Char
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:36:17 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19106 time(s) in 8537 post(s)
Are you referring to the yellow area that indicates the margins (which you can't cut past with a Cricut, or with DS or with a Gypsy)? Although the mat may be 12x12, the cutting area is only 11.5x11.5 (and likewise on the 6x12 mat, cutting area 5.5x11.5). The blade cannot go all the way to the edge of the mat and that area indicates that if any part of an image is in the yellow area, it won't cut.