Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

94 Pages«<8889909192>»
Nancycs Offline
#2671 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:11:56 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Rhonda I am using iron on vinyl to make the shirts. I will only need to make 4 or 5. I just hope I don't mess one up. I got a good deal on the t-shirts and they are only 4.99 regular price anyways so if I do it won't be a huge deal. That is nice that you can mix up the different classes if you want to. I have taken pilates before but wonder how the water pilates works.
imnchghere Offline
#2672 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:17:20 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning ~~ it is another sunny one, although I think it is supposed to cloud up and maybe rain this afternoon.
so I am going to try for a walk and then get back to the books and other projects.
Rhonda, the water class sounds like a great program. And you are correct, it leaves little room for copping out. Enjoy!

Nancy, we do family t-shirts for the Autism Walk. I am always afraid I am going to mess up/waste one. How many will you be making? I like your ideas so far and agree with Rhonda on the simpler letters. You are so crafty, I have faith they will turn out great. Enjoy the quieter day today.

Paula, have fun scrapping with Deb today and for a good cause. And oooops on the broken items. The picture frame glass, not such a big deal, but the lid on the candy dish likely isn't replaceable.

I need to get moving here. I have some genealogy papers I found yesterday that I want to put away. Jim and I were talking about some of the research papers and notes we have, that need to be dealt with. Meaning either filed away, or scanned and then thrown away. I have a ziplock bag full of small papers with notes on them. As soon as I look at the paper, everything comes back to me and I remember more than what is written on the paper. I used to keep a spiral notebook by the computer for those notes and I would mark the date and even the place in the margin. But sometimes the notes just happen and I grab what ever paper is handy to write on. My goal is to get this house in order, before the nice weather so I can spend time on the deck working on my research.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2673 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:25:50 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

I go away a few hours and you have chatted up a storm!! BigGrin

Rhonda, Pat, I always thought the "voided warranty" was just a ploy to get your money. I am glad to know your experiences so I can avoid that!!

Oops, got sidetracked and now it's time to scrap!

Flee57 Offline
#2674 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:53:25 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Hello all!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I did catch up but I've got to head to bed. Just wanted you all to know that I'm feeling good (I am having headaches but I think that's just my body adjusting). I'm down 2.4 lbs and that's just from eating right.

Well goodnight everyone
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2675 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:20:20 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good to have you pop in Laurie. I am glad you are doing well with your eating. Yes, I think your body does need to adjust. Drink lots of water!!

Nancy, I don't see a chance to snow shoe. We should have gone this morning before we scrapped. It has been raining almost all day, heavy at times. Crying

I really enjoyed making journals today. Deb is artsy so they are more detailed than the ones we did together when you guys were here. I really like the one I made. (while Deb almost finished 3!! haha)
I told her last week that I wanted to make a couple extra journals to put in the auction at BIL's church for the Kentucky trip. Today she brought 8 finished journals, 5 cool wall hanging/picture frame/board thingys and a bunch of bookmarks. She used to make them and sell them at sales. She wanted to donate them since she isn't selling them here. Wow!! I am excited!

Tomorrow night is our annual Warm Winter's Evening for ladies at church. We hold it at the college. This year's speaker is Nicole C. Mullen. Looking forward to the night out.

Lizzy Offline
#2676 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:57:52 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi friends....yes, it's incredibly late here (12:30 a.m.) and I'm still up. I have made no more progress on the actual report cards, but continue to compile grades and get information from the other teachers that work with some of my students. I've talked to several different people and only a few have their report cards finished, so I don't feel too badly about it. Today, I graded one stack of writing and was really pleased with how the students did. Tomorrow, we will begin another one.

The Valentine's Day party was short and sweet. We actually could have done it in 10 minutes and next year I might just do that. The longer it lasted, the louder they got. Then, today, it rained much of the day which also makes the kids wild. Kelly says it is the crowd mentality, but whatever it is makes me nuts! I also did not get a break this morning when I should have so I was with the kids until lunchtime. Someone came to relieve me, but she was about 10 minutes early, so I asked her to go to the other room to which she was assigned and come back to me; but she never came back. Thankfully, I didn't have to use the bathroom! LOL

I folded one basket of laundry tonight! Woo-hoo! My housekeeper had folded some of the other laundry, so that really helped. I need to put some effort into getting it put away. Terry helps me carry it upstairs, so it will have to wait until this weekend since he is out of town again.

I haven't done anything else...but I do need to pay bills which I will likely do tomorrow evening.

Rhonda, so glad you liked the water aerobics class! It sounds good. And, Pat, I keep all the gifts I buy in my closet in a box with a lid (you know, those storage file boxes) and when the occasion arrives, I just go look in my stash. I also have a shopping bag full of gift-type things in my bonus room because over the years, we have bought items and never given them as gifts. There are photo frames, a throw blanket, and any number of duplicate DVD's! What a mess we are.

Nancy, I have made those iron-on shirts, too...and always felt incredibly nervous about messing one up. And, I have a better story. One of my daughters created an iron-on thing on the computer. All you had to do then was run the iron-on through the ink-jet printer and it would create the iron-on. Well...she had her picture all created...it happened to be Elvis...and instead of running the iron-on through the ink-jet, she ran it through the laser. The heat of the laser imprinted Elvis on to the inside of the printer PLUS completely hosed the printer! We had a good laugh about having Elvis melted into our laser.

Speaking of using off-brand inks, cartridges, etc. We have never done that, mainly because we are too chicken to try anything different. I know I am and I bought the last cartridge for my laser printer. Terry's company buys whatever he needs, so of course he uses the name-brands. Plus, his company owns his printer, so he has to take care of it in a reasonable manner.

I have made plans to go visit my mother right after I get out of school for my next vacation. My travel dates are 3/26--29. I am staying a day longer than usual, so I am thinking of taking some small scrapping project to work on in the hotel room. I've done that before when I have gone to visit someone and knew that I would have extra time alone.

Laurie, good going on the eating right! Keep it up, girl!!

OK...I gotta go to bed. I cannot figure out why I am so wide-awake!!

rm920 Offline
#2677 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 5:47:20 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Lizzy, thank you for the laugh about Elvis and the laser printer. You can laugh now, but replacing a laser printer would not be cheap! Sounds like you are making progress on the report cards, hope you can pull them together quickly. Were you finally able to get to sleep last night?

Laurie, nice to see you pop in and feeling so much better. And the weight loss is a great bonus! Have you found any more great recipes?

Paula, how nice of Deb to donate so many things to your auction! Sorry the rain is taking away all of the snow and you didn't get to snowshoe! Hope you get another chance.

Pat, did you make progress on the book project yesterday?

Nancy, I am sure the shirts will turn out great. For some reason, I thought you were making many more than you are Unsure 4 or 5 will be so much easier to make.

Water aerobics last night was good. I really like this class. So I know it will be easier to continue going. Have to come up with something to work on tonight!
Flee57 Offline
#2678 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:54:08 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning fellow Challenged Friends!

I am home today. My migrain went away yesterday but I had a headache all night that kept me from falling asleep...at all! Maybe I dozed off here and there but I am fighting to keep my eyes open so far today. My stomach is also making funny gurgling sounds. Not like hunger sounds. They are making my tummy feel weird.

Paula, I remember you asked what an Art Journal is. It is a really cool, artsy painted page, using different mediums. They mostly have a watercolored look. I used stencils with glimmer mist and also cutouts and things like magic mesh to get different designs. I used both water and acrylic paints. I'll attach the one I made. It's nothing like the ones I've seen on Pinterest though! The ones on there have fancy journaling. I'm sure I'll get better with time. I'd love to see the journals you made! And you are right about the water. I drink water all the time (due to my high sugar) but when my sugar is leveled and good, I don't want water. I'm thinking I may be a bit dehydrated. I have to make myself drink it when I'm eating well.

Rhonda, I'm so glad you like the water aerobics class. I would love to do it too. I weigh myself ever other day. I am now down 3.8 lbs. I have also not had any pop or regular coffee since friday. That's an awesome fete for me...especially the pop! I have 1 decaf coffee each morning with my bowl of Special K. I did find an awesome recipe! This one feeds 6 so I just halved it. Dion ate it but didn't particularly care for it. It's pork tenderloin with apples and onions. Only 48 mg sodium and 243 calories per serving. I'll post the recipe later. It was super easy to make too! I can also post the Broccoli pasta dish I had the other night if you want. That recipe only feeds 2 so it was perfect for me!

Lizzy, I'm glad you have your plans set to visit your Mom

Well that's it for now. Nancy and Pat, I'm sure you are both very busy today as always :)

Later
File Attachment(s):
015.JPG (3,106kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
017.JPG (3,134kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Nancycs Offline
#2679 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:08:14 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Pat how do you make your autism walk t-shirts? I really hope I don't mess it up. I really wish I had the Varsity cartridge, but at $39 I will find something else. Did you get your papers taken care of?

Paula that is so nice that Deb brought all of those things for you to put in the auction. Bummer about the snowshoeing. Your evening out tonights sounds great! I hope you enjoy it!

Laurie I am glad you popped in. That is great you are felling better and losing weight to boot!! I hope the headaches go away soon.

Lizzy that is funny about the elvis and your printer. Did your DD get her shirt made?

Rhonda that is good you like your class. That is half the battle with continuing with an exercise program. Yes 4-5 won't be bad. I am just making them for our immediate family to wear at the party.

OK I started this 2 hours ago and never finished it.

imnchghere Offline
#2680 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:03:55 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. rainy here this morning. So no walk. It will be in the 50's tho', so no chance of anything freezing up. This is sure not typical February winter weather for us. However I am NOT going to complain.

Nancy, I used the iron on transfers and we used family pictures. I have to do 10 for the whole family. Kristen usually designs them and I take care of printing them out and ironing them on. I don't have the Varsity cart or I would loan it to you. It would be perfect. I always use Base Camp when I need block letters.
Laurie, I hope you continue to feel better. And continue with the weight loss. I am working at that, but I am struggling with the exercise. The art journal pictures were interesting. What do you do with them after? I am not up with all the new paper projects.
Lizzy, it sounds like you are not so bad off with the report card progress. I also like to take projects to work on when I travel. One year I worked on a swap on the plane. The lady next to me was quite fascinated. Sometimes in the car, I tie bows for cards and work on tea cosies, putting the elastic & ribbon in. If we are driving, I sometimes take the little cricut and work on projects in the hotel room.

Well, I have been working on this for a long time, so I am going to send it.

Flee57 Offline
#2681 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:17:23 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Nancy, my headache finally went away around 12:30. I hope it stays away this time. I know it's just my body adjusting to the low sodium and no caffeine. It's pretty confused right now LOL I'm sure your shirts will turn out great!

Pat, I will bind however many pages I end up doing. I am going to fill it with inspirational quotes and my own words during my weight loss journey. That will be goon inspiration. I get to write in my pretty book when I do well :) I first saw it on Pinterest and watched a bunch of videos on them. I went out and bought a book about how to get started. I enjoyed doing that first page but I think I need some heavier weight paper so it doesn't crinkle.

I just finished my dinner. I made the same thing I did last night because it was so good! I'm amazed at how satisfied I am with these smaller portions.

I also made 4 cards today once my headache was gone. I enjoyed getting back into my room.

I also added a bit of exercise today. I did 10 minutes of walking/running in place with 2 1 lb dumbbells. The last minute I ran really fast and hard. I will do that each day and then on Monday change up to 15 minutes. I have an appt with my new doctor next Friday and I will have her sign the release so I can start at the gym.

Can you feel my excitement? I'm going to do what I set out to do this time!

Thanks for listening and cheering me on. I love you guys!
File Attachment(s):
036.JPG (3,129kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
Lizzy Offline
#2682 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:35:57 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends! I did finally get some sleep last night although it wasn't very much. I will likely go to bed early tonight as I have to get up VERY EARLY tomorrow AM. I need to leave here by 5:30 to get up to Kelly's, pick her up, and then bring her back down my way to the airport. Then, I will turn around and go back up toward her house for work. Talk about crazy! (She is going to Indiana to spend the weekend with her DH before he is actually deployed.)

Today was a good day at work, probably because I rode my broom and cast a spell over my students: "I was disappointed with your behavior with Dr. Sandoval [our principal] yesterday. She asked you to line up and while some of you were lined up, the rest of you were standing in a bunch talking." This is unacceptable and beginning today, when you need to line up, you will line up in two lines, no talking, and if you don't do it, you will come back indoors and sit down and line up again. You will repeat this until you get it correct DURING YOUR RECESS TIMES!" This spell-casting continue with other types of things such as talking during instruction and not giving me their full attention when instructions are being delivered. WOW...what a huge difference it made!

I must say that I also gave them positive comments about their hard work and listening and lining up, etc. They even earned a tiny Tootsie Pop at the end of the day. So...life goes on. I then managed to get a great deal of my photocopying done this afternoon before leaving. Eventually, I might even get these report cards done! LOL

So far tonight, I have paid bills and worked on cleaning a mess out of my bread machine. The dough rose too much and cooked on to the inside of the lid. I've never had that happen before...but it should clean up after it is soaked. I turned the machine on its side and put a soggy paper towel inside the lid as it lay open.

Well, I'm going to go here and finish paying bills - there are a few odd bills that I need to log on to different sites to pay...such as renewing magazine subscriptions. After that, I am going to try and tackle another stack of writing!

imnchghere Offline
#2683 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 9:19:02 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... hmmmm where is everyone?? I am dragging today. Can't seem to get moving and I do have things I want to get done. We might have snow on Sunday and I want to make sure that we are ready. It is a coastal storm, so could be significant or nothing. We wait and watch.
Lizzy, sounds like you did well getting the kids under control. I hope you got the next stack of writing also under control/started and the bread machine cleaned up.
Today I am working on cfs. I am going to pack up everything I have. I don't like all the odd sized cards, because they make efficient packing hard. But I am going to pack them up today. I probably have a box full. Just need to bite the bullet and get them out of here. Many of the odd size are commercial cards that people send.
I will probably also work on the books. I do keep avoiding those piles. Need to get a box from in the garage.
Hope everyone is having a productive day. I just realized it is a long weekend for some.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2684 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 11:15:28 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies,

I am having a hard time focusing today. Bored

The computer was really bad this morning and then it started doing better(not well, but better)...what really is the problem??? Anyhow, I don't know why this site is the worst, everything takes soooo long.
That being said...DH had picked out all the parts and pieces and I believe is going to order a new computer today. Love

Katie posted on their blog today and sent me an e-mail. A very good day. Oh, and a girl on their team posted a pic. It feels good to see her smiling face. Overall she is doing well. She loves it and is asking for info on our church's Africa trip late this summer. I think she is going to have to win the lottery!!!! ;) She was sick a couple days but is hanging in there. They just left an area they stayed in awhile that had no electricity or running water. Everyone keeps mentioning how beautiful the sunsets and the stars are out there in the middle of nowhere.

Laurie, sorry you are struggling with feeling well. I hope it passes and you adjust. I know when I was eating well I felt so much better. Now I am back to sluggish and achy. You are doing well with your meals!!

Lizzy, how very busy you are these days!!! How nice of you to do all that running for Kelly. Was she able to arrange all the child care?
I think setting expectations for the kids and making them very clear (and reminding them often) is very important. Many of them probably don't have that at home so they really need the reinforcement.

Rhonda, I am so glad you like your class. Way to go trying something new!!!
What did you find to work on last night??

I am waiting for my sister to come and scrap. She had to go to the catering kitchen today to help her DH for tomorrow's cater. I think she is making up the veggie tray. I will go to the basement and get started. I am also doing L.
Nancycs Offline
#2685 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 12:07:12 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Pat I thought about doing that type of t-shirt too but I really wanted to go with the royal blu t-shirt and knew transfers wouldn't work well on those. I do use Base camp a lot for that type too. I decided on using the font from Birthday Bash. My neighbor had that one so that is what I will do. I hope you are moving along on CFS and those books.

Laurie I bet those headaches are from the lack of caffeine. I know I get them if I don't have my morning coffee. Yes I feel your excitement! I know you will feel so much better as you eat right and get in shape!

Lizzy good for you for getting on top of your students about their behavior. I think they knew you must have meant business! I have never had that happen with my bread machine either. Do you think you added too much yeast? I hope it cleans up easily for you.

Paula won't a new computer be nice! I hope you get it quickly, after DH orders it of course! That is awesome about Katie liking it so much! It really will be an experience she will never forget. Enjoy scrapping today!

Rhonda what have you been up to today? You have your class tonight don't you?

I have gotten my t-shirts designed, I just need to cut the vinyl and iron it on. I already cut a sample paper one to see how I liked it on the t-shirt. I need to finish my taxes before I do that though. I plan on working on them tomorrow and Sunday if necessary. I want them done! I should be able to do it without any problems though.

Dh and Carter are going up north this weekend to go ice fishing. I just hope the ice is thick enough with all of this warm weather we have had. I know he won't go on the ice if it is unsafe. It will just me RIley and me. He works part of the weekend so I will have the house to myself for part of it.

I guess I better get to my kitchen while the kids are resting.
imnchghere Offline
#2686 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 1:49:03 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon. well once I got off my, tush,things went much better. I got most all the cards sorted into piles and now I just need to divy up the goodies into the boxes. I have some puzzle books, mind puzzles and small items. Also a bunch of Reader's Digest. All I want to do is get it all out of my way and the house. I still have a box of cards that need some fixing up. I like to do those when I am watching TV, but forgot I had tossed them in a box. sigh~~~
Paula, this morning I noticed this website was kind of slow, but everything else was ok. This afternoon it seems to be fine. Is anyone else having issues with the MB?
Nancy, I have only used white and grey t-shirts, but I am thinking the same as you on the blue. I didn't even like the ones we did on grey. So we switched to white the next times.

I got a short walk in this afternoon and did a little picking up in the yard of sycamore branches. Jim should be able to get them into the can tomorrow to put out on Monday for p/u. It was breezy out, so it felt much cooler than it is.

Paula, have fun scrapping today. I am still trying to decide if I want to go to the crop next weekend for a few hours. I can get about 7 hrs in before I would have to leave, but I will have to pay for the full 12. Seems a bit of a waste of money. I have to make a decision though, to get a space with the group I always sit with.

rm920 Offline
#2687 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 7:43:50 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good evening all...

I went to my 3rd water class tonight. We had a different teacher and we did some different water exercises. I really enjoy it. The groups vary from day to day but usually only 4 - 5 in a class. I hope this helps get the scales moving in the right direction!

Laurie, I agree with Nancy, the headache could be from no caffeine, hope it passes quickly. I can sure tell you are excited and loosing lbs already! WTG! Keep it up my friend!

Paula, did you get any crafting done today? How nice to hear from Katie and that she is enjoying it so much. What a great thing they are doing.

Pat, glad you were able to get out a bit before the weather turns bad again. Hope the storm isn't too big. We are to be in the 50's this weekend! Go figure - this weather is weird.

Nancy, I know you will be glad to have the taxes out of the way. But it is great that you have the design worked out for the shirts. shouldn't take you too long to make them.

I was thinking of going to Topeka tomorrow and invited Amber along but her dad will not let her goSad So will stay here and see what i can come up with. I may make a trip to a few nearby cemeteries that I have photo requests for. At least I will get outside and enjoy the nice day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2688 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 10:02:37 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello all,

Nancy, I can't believe you are making those shirts already!! You are so good. The week before graduation I would be going...hey I wanted to make shirts!! haha!

Rhonda, I am so glad you are liking this class! It's nice to have something you enjoy, look forward to, and feel good about doing something good for yourself!
Sorry tomorrow didn't work out, keep trying.

Pat, I have a friend that is organizing a craft time for next Fri. and Sat. Saturday we are going to dinner and to a comedian show so I would probably only go Fri. I don't know if I want to haul stuff for that. So I know how you feel. I would like to visit and get a bit done but don't know if it's worth it. hmmm...

DH ordered the computer today!!! BigGrin BigGrin Need I say I am happy??

Also, we had a productive time scrapping. We got a late start but have 19 pages together. I need to do some journaling then maybe an embellishment or two. That leaves about 4 miscellaneous pages, Christmas and one New Year's Eve page and 2007 will be complete. Hurray!
Maybe tomorrow I will spend some time on the computer and make a picture order.

That's it for now, off to bed soon, I am tired tonight.
Flee57 Offline
#2689 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:42:23 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning Friends!

It's a chilly, frosty 33* but it is supposed to be near 50 today. Good day for a long walk to break in those new running shoes!

Paula, you sure are getting a lot of scrapping done! Good for you! I don't even think I remember how to scrap LOL Yeah on the new computer!

Rhonda, I am so glad that you are enjoying the water class! I think it's nice that the classes are small like that. Have you asked any of the ladies if they scrapbook? You might find a scrapping buddy there too! I am sorry that you are unable to spend time with Amber today but I do hope you get out and enjoy the weather. How about a challenge? Lets say we each challenge ourselves to walk at least 15 minutes from home and 15 back...anyone up for that today?

Nancy, good job on getting the tshirts started. I'm like Paula...I'd think about it the week of and then rush through it or not do it at all.

Pat, as usual, working on those cards. I haven't sent you any in a good while so I am going to work on some birthday cards to send. Is it too late for Easter cards? I have that cute puppy with bunny ears stamp and can make some Easter cards too? Pat, are these cards also available for the military families to send to the soldiers individually? Or to military back home in the hospital or rehab?

Lizzy, I loved hearing how you "whipped" your kids into shape LOL

So here's my deal for today. I'm up, I've had my meds, tested my blood sugar (79, very low for me), had my bowl of Special K, had my banana and will head for the shower as soon as I finish this. Kohl's is holding 2 bracelets for me. I bought myself one and once I got in the car and headed home, I thought I need to get one for my Sisters too and give it to them when we take my Mom's ashes to NH. It is a sterling silver simple bracelt with an oval sterling silver piece in the middle with a heart cutout. It says Mother Daughter Friends on it. I also bought myself one of those pink rubber bracelets that says Together we will find a cure. I'm going to buy 6 more today. One for my Sisters and one for each of my Mom's Siblings. I am also trying to piece together a little scrapbook to give to each of them. We are doing this on my Mom's birthday so gifts for everyone! We also need to find a boat. The 3 of us are going out into the middle of the lake because I'm sure my Mom spent a lot of days out there on a raft or boat as a kid. This will be like another goodbye but we will celebrate her life on her birthday and then on Friday evening we will celebrate my Uncle's (her oldest brother) 80th birthday. We also want to give my Aunt who could not make it to MI because she was having surgery that Friday and could not fly some time alone with her. She and my Mom were very close and she didn't get a chance to say goodbye so I think that will be good for her. I am looking forward to being with family, especially the cousins who loved my Mom so much but were unable to come to MI. I hope this didn't make anyone sad. It doesn't make me sad because it's going to be a celebration. My Mom isn't here on earth with us but she is in our hearts forever and we need to embrace our wonderful memories and keep them forever. And thanks for letting me share my thoughts and feelings this morning. That's another thing I love about you guys...we all share our triumphs and sorrows. We are blessed.

Well, that shower is waiting.

Happy Weekend everyone!

Later!
rm920 Offline
#2690 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 7:07:32 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all..

Laurie, I love the plan you all have for celebrating your mothers life in NH. The bracelets sound beautiful. Enjoy your walk. I will take you up on the challenge but I will be walking through an old cemetery but will get over 30 minutes in walking!

I also have to go to the recycle center and the post office today. Then will listen/watch basketball the rest of the day while I work in my craft room!

Paula, a new computer!!! You will really enjoy the speed of a new computer since you have been struggling with your slow computer.

OK, I am off to get the day started!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2691 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:30:59 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Laurie, I will take you up on your walk challenge! DH walks everyday and I haven't been joining him.
It was snowing a few minutes ago and the the sun is shining bright...crazy weather!
Your plans for the family get together to spread your mother's ashes sounds really nice. You have put a lot of thought in to it. I like the little memory book idea too. Maybe you could include a favorite recipe of hers (even better if it is in her handwriting), a quote she said often or a favorite childhood memory.

Rhonda, I hope your errands go quick and you get the pics you want on your "walk". It is feeling more and more like spring here and spending time outdoors sounds nice.

Ok, I need to get in the shower too. I would like to journal the pages we assembled last night. Also, I am going to the HS variety show tonight. DS's GF is doing a few things and another friend is the MC. I love to see the kids perform, this will most likely be the last year that I will really know the performers.
I do have to run to the store and get a roast. I am going to assemble two meals to bring tomorrow. My sister and I are going north. I will stop and see my friend and drop off a couple of easy meals (her mom had back surgery this week). Then we will go to my dad's for the night. My sister has Mon. off of work.
I guess I have more to do today than I thought, better "get moving"!!
imnchghere Offline
#2692 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:09:07 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon everyone.......I was going to post this morning, but didn't make it. I did read all though and took Laurie up on her walk challenge. I might do another one later and get Jim to join me. It is sunny and very nice out (upper 50's), so good weather. Our pending snow storm is likely going to be mostly south, so we will only get an inch or so. Nothing like the 4+ they were predicting. It will start around midnight I think.

I have spent the day packing up the cfs boxes. I ended up with 3 boxes, but will have to wait to finish them. I have cards still coming. Hope they arrive today, but if not they will come Tuesday. Anyway.. I have added ALL the extra stuff I had on hand, emptying 2 small boxes. YEA!!!

Rhonda, are the cemetery pictures ones you are taking for other people? Seems like you had mentioned that is what you were doing.
Good luck on getting to the crafting. Now that my table is empty of the cards, I can see what I have that I could work on if I were to go to the crop next Saturday. I will get out all the bags of page kits and analyze them.

Paula, nice that you are getting a new computer. Are you getting a laptop this time?

I am going to get busy on the pages kits, so I can see where I stand. Be Back later..

Edited by user Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:30:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Flee57 Offline
#2693 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:04:16 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

I went to Kohls for the bracelets and also found some pretty sterling silver sister necklaces, so I got one for each of us. I also picked up 2 bras and some new socks. I may have bought a new shirt. I had a 30% off everything coupon and everything was on sale anyway so I saved almost $350! Woohoo! I spent way too much time in there. I earned $20 Kohls cash and she forgot to give me my coupons. I called when I got home and they were super busy and the manager told me to just let them know she approved it to take the $20 off. I just need to bring my receipt in.

When I came out of Kohls I was so shaky I didn't think I should drive. I did not think I would be gone so long and I hadn't eaten since 8 so my sugar was way low. I didn't think to bring something with me to eat in case that happened. I had to eat fast! Wendy's was right there so I got a burger, no fries and a diet coke. Yuk! After only one week on this low sodium eating, all I could taste on that burger was salt! It was awful. I only ate 1/2 but it was enough to raise my sugar enough to stop shaking. Tonight I had a healthy salad for dinner LOL

Sadie and I went for our walk this afternoon. 20 minutes out and 20 minutes back. I got to try out my funky walking/running shoes. Very comfortable! I see I had some takers on my challenge. WTG Ladies!

Since the walk, I am purging in my scraproom. I told D that I want a drafting table for our anniversary so I have to make room for it. I purged not all that long ago and I can't believe the amount of paper I think I will never use. Thought I did that already LOL I have also decided to cut up all my 8.5x11 pattern paper for card fronts. I am enjoying going through the cuts and randomly picking one and just making a card. I have 3 more that I have made. I pulled out all my 12x12 that are springy for Easter cards.

I have pulled out a very pretty wine glass to drink water from while I'm home. I read somewhere that it helps LOL

I bought a magazine called Clean Eating. I figured there woould be recipes with low sodium in there. They are all (except 2) extremely high in sodium. I don't get it. How can that be considered clean eating. I also bought a book on Pilates, Yoga and Abs workouts at home. I've got everything I need. A matt, some dumbbells, a medicine ball and the big blow up exercise ball. I'm ready to go!

Oh, yesterday I got the cutest luggage set. It's for a young girl but I'm short enough that it works. It's brown and has pink flowers on it. It's a small rolling one, then a small duffle bag on rollers and a backpack. And I'll be able to tell which one is mine when it's coming around the carousel LOL

Boy, I'm talkative tonight.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program

Later!
rm920 Offline
#2694 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:38:40 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Laurie, you got some really good deals at Kohls. Wish I had one closer. You need to make sure you have something in your car at all times for times like today when your sugars went too low! My boss is diabetic and he has learned that the hard way. He keeps things at work and in his truck, just in case! Glad you enjoyed your new shoes. And the walk. Your supper sure looked yummy!

Pat, how are the page kits coming along? Glad you were able to get a walk in today. Did you get Jim to go along with you on another one?

I spent over 3 hours walking through 2 cemeteries. I found most of what I was looking for, and some I didn't even know were there of my own family! I was really excited. It was in the mid 40's but the fresh air was wonderful. And lots of good exercise today! Pat, the stones I was looking for were for other people. Now I just need to upload the pics and post them as requested.

Paula, how was the performance tonight? Did you get a walk in with DH?
Lizzy Offline
#2695 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:24:27 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends. I have not been feeling very well the past two days...today and yesterday. I think I've been extremely tired...I got up way early yesterday and today so my sleep was very messed up. Plus, I was messed up with my meds. Yesterday I had a crushing headache, which nearly made me feel as if my head was going to explode. Then, suddenly it went away, without the help of any meds. It was very strange. I ended up sleeping quite a bit today, but even then, I'm still very tired. I've worked on and off on things for my report cards as well as slept today, and I'm hoping to work more tonight on them. Tomorrow, I hope to finish them, come the devil or the deep blue sea. I honestly hate doing them and the onus of them hanging over my neck.

At any rate, I have to do them and they have to be done by Monday night so I really have no choice but to knuckle down and get them done. Everyone feels the same way I do, I'm just so thorough about them it takes me a long time and I fret over them so much. Being sleep-deprived doesn't help any, either.

So, enough of my grief and troubles. I'm going to go now. Sorry for dumping out my problems. I'm going to go work on them.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2696 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:33:41 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Rhonda, the program was fun tonight. It was shorted than I expected but I enjoyed it. DS went again tonight. I went to church so he got there first and got me a ticket so I wouldn't have to stop and get one. (church gets out at 7 and the Variety show started at 7) He got tickets with one of the Boston girls and a couple other friends so I sat with them.
It sounds like you had a nice day today. And got some pictures you were hoping for! Good.

I did take a walk with DH today. It was windy and cold and I whined the whole way. Thanks Laurie for the challenge because I probably would have made some excuse not to go.
I also went to the store and got 4 meals made up.

Sorry about your scare today Laurie. I agree with Rhonda, you need to keep something in your car and maybe your purse.
Hurray for good shopping deals! Glad you found some things you like.

Pat, way to go getting the cards packed up. Did you get to work on the page kits?

Lizzy, I see you posted while I was typing. I am so sorry you are feeling so crummy! Sure glad the headache stopped. Hopefully with a good night's sleep you can get back on track.

I had fits with this site again tonight. It wouldn't show the last page so I could read up on the posts. It said it was on the last page but was not. Weird!
Flee57 Offline
#2697 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 9:53:18 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Rhonda, you win the prize for the most walking LOL

Paula, glad you got your walk in, despite the whining LOL

Lizzy, sorry you are feeling so bad. Feel better soon!

I am going to start keeping some hard candy in the car. Something I don't like so I won't be tempted with it. I do usually bring something with me but I really expected to be back before noon.

My dinner may have looked good but it really wasn't. Sometimes I just love salad, other times I think it's the boringest food in the world. I am heading for bed but will have a snack first so my sugar doesn't go too low overnight.

Goodnight Friends
Flee57 Offline
#2698 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:34:03 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

After a really nice day yesterday, we wake up to drearyness today and it's supposed to snow.I think Mother Nature started taking drugs last year LOL She's so confused!

I will still go for my walk today so my challenge yesterday is up again today. If it ends up being to cold I will do my walking/running in place for 30 minutes in my living room :)

I have been sleeping great! It's amazing what cutting out caffeine can do for your body. I am drinking 1 regular coffee in the morning now and I haven't had any headaches. I will be searching the internet for some new recipes this morning so I can make a meal plan for myself for the week.

My purging continued last night. I did start cutting my 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch sheets and I have tons now. Oh, I have a challenge in my head. If you would like, I will send you 10 different pattern paper cuts and challenge you to use them to make 10 thank you cards. Anyone want to do it?

Ok, it's time to eat so I'm outa here

Hope you all have a great Sunday! What are you all up to today?

Later!

rm920 Offline
#2699 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:14:08 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Laurie, I will take you up on your challenge again today! The hard candy idea is good but only until it starts to warm up! You don't need a hard sticky mess. There are tablets you can get just for this purpose. That is what my boss keeps in the truck. They are kind of like lifesavers that you just pop in your mouth and they dissolve. Works great at raising sugars quickly. I also will take you up on the thank you challenge! Sounds fun.

What is everyone else up to today. I am going to get L started, grab some coffee and head to my craft desk!!Love

Oh, and I weighed in this morning and have lost 3 pounds!!!Cool
imnchghere Offline
#2700 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 7:25:56 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday morning... dreary and cooler here also Laurie, but the snow forecast is dwindling away. Maybe an inch or two this afternoon. Tomorrow will be sunny and it will all melt, if there is anything.
Ended up with only one walk yesterday. I will try for another today.
I went through all the partial page kits I have and there is not enough time this week to put any together to work on Saturday, so I have decided to NOT go to the crop. I really feel it would be a waste of money and probably my time.

Laurie, I am so inundated with my own challenges right now, I am going to pass on your new card one. I still have piles of papers to finish going through and a room to get back in order. I need to have page kits ready for the March crop, so I can get caught up with my albums.

Rhonda, unexpected surprises at the cemetery were good. Jim & I were talking yesterday about genealogy things we want to do this year. I want to get back to CA to follow up on my finds from last year. Jim will no longer have meetings in CA, so we can plan our trips differently. The 1940 census release may open some new doors for me.

Lizzy, I hope you feel better today.