Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

94 Pages«<8990919293>»
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2701 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:11:38 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Happy Sunday!!

Getting ready to head out of town. Need to pack up the donated items Deb brought and some cards I made and pack my overnight bag. Tried to cram too many things in this morning.

Laurie, I was hoping I could take you up today and walk before I left but it's not going to happen. Crying
As much fun as the card challenge sounds, I think I need to pass on that one too. I am on a roll with my scrap book and I just took time out to make the pink cards and journals so I want to get back on track.

RHONDA!!!! Way to go on the weight loss!! That's a good incentive to get to those classes!

Pat, sorry it's not working out to get to that crop. Sometimes it just works out that way.

OK, going to get the last few things done here and head out. We will be back tomorrow night.

C-ya!
Flee57 Offline
#2702 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:58:11 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday!

Rhonda, WTG on the 3 lbs! Maybe I should look into some water aerobic classes!!

Paula and Pat, I understand about your plates being full. Rhonda, I will send some out to you in the mail tomorrow. Safe travels Paula

Lizzy, I hope you are feeling better today.

Nancy, any progress on the shirts?

I have laundry and dishwasher running. I've cut up tons of pattern paper and now I'm ready to go in and work on purging some more. I need my room to "make sense" before I add a drafting table in there. I already have a desk, 2 long tables and a sewing cart in there. I may change my mind on it by the time I'm done. Hmmmm...am I ever done in that room? LOL

Later!
Lizzy Offline
#2703 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:03:35 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good morning. Yes, I feel better today. My challenge today....finish the report cards by 6:00 if not sooner. I have finished 11 of them; 19 to go. I am trying to do about 6 or 7 an hour. That's putting the comments on them. I should be able to do more than that an hour. Hmmmm.....I'm getting into the swing of it. No TV on right now. Just me and the computer. I have to make another cup of coffee though. Or a diet coke. Or something to drink. Maybe water, then something.

Have any of you ever had tinnitis? I've had it horribly for the past month+. I read about it, then realized I had stopped taking one of my meds. So I reinstituted it and the tinnitis has lessened considerably. I wonder? Anyway, I know it can also be related to a blood pressure, low-salt diet issue. Anyway, just wondered.

Tonight, I sleep over at Kelly's to stay with the kids for her. I have to be there at 7:00, which means I need to leave here no later than 6:15 to give myself a buffer to get there before 7:00. I don't want to scream in there at 6:59 p.m.

I also want these report cards done way before then. I want them done way earlier than 6:00, too!

Way to go on the weight loss, Laurie and Rhonda!

Sorry about the crop, Pat, but it makes no sense to waste the money and time going!

I want to spend lots of time cropping when I am out of school in April...but I may end up in Houston helping Sarah get her condo ready to sell. It's a long story, but she needs to get out of it because she has a neighbor harassing her and she needs to get it sold and get moved. Does anyone have an out-of-work relative/friend who wants some work helping her get her place ready to sell? If so, we can put him up, and pay him to get it ready!

Well, ladies, I'm off to fix myself a beverage and get back to the report cards. I'll be back later with a progress report!
Lizzy Offline
#2704 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:27:14 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

I was working on a post and I lost it. Grrrrr! I have about seven report cards left. The comments are not as fabulous as they usually are...but they are getting done. I'm already ready for a nap. No nap...at least not yet. I cannot figure out why I am so freaking tired all the time. Although maybe I have sleep apnea. My friend of 10 years has it. She just had a sleep study done and she said she woke up 52 times in one hour. That's nearly one time every minute. So, they prescribed a c-pack or whatever they call it. ("z-pack"?) I haven't talked to her since she got it, so I don't know what it's like. I just know that I seem to sleep forever and wake up tired. Only once in awhile do I feel rested.

Anyway, I don't feel rested today.

Well, back to the report cards.

Laurie, you need to divide your room into zones. That's what I did in my bonus room. Zones....I have an office zone; a scrapping zone; a sewing zone; etc. It's too big to make it all one zone. Just my opinion. Why do you want a drafting table? I would hate it because the top slants. Everything would roll off. How frustrating.

rm920 Offline
#2705 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:55:38 PM(UTC)
rm920

Evening all...

Paula, I know you are already gone, but hope you have a good visit and safe travels.

Laurie, I look forward to getting the papers in the mail. Do I use them whole, or can I cut them down? Just need some direction!

Lizzy, glad you are feeling better and the report cards are almost done! Enjoy the time at Kelly's tonight. I think you mean a c-pap machine - it is used to treat sleep apnea! I have a friend you was put on that and it made a world of difference in her life. Hope it helps your friend as well. I too have trouble sleeping - rarely do I sleep more than an hour or two at a time. But I am getting used to lots less sleep. Hope you can control the tinnitus - it bothers me at times, but not too bad.

Pat, sorry the crop will not work out but it is best not to waste time and money is you can not utilize it to the fullest.

I did spend some time at the craft desk and made some cards - I still avoid layouts Confused I also got out for a walk and it was wonderful. We were in the low 50's today. I am now ready to watch Amazing Race!
imnchghere Offline
#2706 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:54:11 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening ~~~ Lizzy, I hope this finds you close to the end of the report cards. Even if you aren't happy with the comments, at least they will be done.
I am glad you asked about the drafting table, because I was also wondering about a slanted surface.

Well, my day was not so productive, but I don't care. I played with some research and started a plan for what I hope to glean from the 1940 census records when they are released April 2nd. They won't be indexed right away, so picking out information will be slow if you aren't sure where you need to be looking.

Rhonda, I see you popped in. WTG on the walk. It was chilly/windy here, so I didn't get out. I will definitely go tomorrow though. Jim & I used to not let any reason get in the way of our walks. Well, except t-storms or ice. Would like to return to that stamina.

I am hoping to have 20 page kits to work on at the crop, so I am going to try to do one a day until then. The crop is in 30 days, so that gives me some extra time. That includes having the titles cut and embellishments worked out. I have a few pages for the society album that are simpler and will start with those in hopes of getting myself motivated.

I m going to have a cup of tea to warm up and see what I can find on Pinterest. Carrie pinned a recipe yesterday that I want to find and re-pin.

Edited by user Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:14:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lizzy Offline
#2707 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:13:16 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...I'm over at Kelly's babysitting and having a sleep-over with the kids who are asleep. She is coming home tomorrow. I'll be here until 7:00 when the next sitter arrives. I'll leave and go back home, then pick her up at the airport at 10:00. After breakfast, I'll take her home. She said tonight that it has been a hard weekend. I'm sure it has been somewhat of a heart-breaker having to say good-bye to her husband.

I have my report cards finished. I will send off an email to my administrator to let him know they are finished. I really don't care they aren't perfect...they are good enough.

Tomorrow, I need to get my stuff ready for the last trimester. By that, I mean print off my last trimester gradebook. I need to figure out how to print off one grade book so I don't have to print off three next year. That's too much paper being used! LOL I know I can do it differently!

Tomorrow, I also have to write up sub plans for Tuesday as we are going to an all-day writing training. I forgot about that until late on Friday so I didn't tell my students I wouldn't be there. Oh well....

Luckily, I do have a sub lined up which I did remember to do that!

My calendar says I also have to babysit for Kelly tomorrow night...I wonder if that is still on the books or not. I rather hope not. This week, Terry is staying in town. I'm glad.

That's about all my news. I still have a bunch of page kits done up. I'd like to be able to work on those even while I'm still working. My biggest problem with working on page kits is that I don't like to be in my room working...I'd rather be in the family room. Isn't that silly? What a baby! If I had a scrapping station set up in the family room, I'd get more done! I need a HUGE family room with my scrapping stuff set up in there. Then, I'd be in heaven!

OK...I'm going to go and see what I can get done tonight so I won't have to do much tomorrow.

Bye for now.
imnchghere Offline
#2708 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:35:41 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Lizzy, glad you got the report cards done and made the sleepover in time.
I hope you can figure out how to only print one grade book. I don't understand, but I don't need to, so if it makes your life easier than that is what is important. Smile

I should be heading to bed (after midnight here), but I got started on my family tree and noticed some information that I found last year in CA, hadn't been entered, which puzzles me why I didn't, but that is what I have been doing. Of course one thing led to another and here I am wide awake still.

Lizzy, I have a huge craft room, but I can understand you wanting to be in the family room. Sometimes I like to have company while I am working on stuff and other times I don't. The one thing I don't like about my nice big room, is that there are NO windows. I would love a room with lots of windows.

Jim has decided to work from home tomorrow and said we will walk first thing, so that will be good.
rm920 Offline
#2709 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 5:24:51 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Lizzy, I know you are glad the report cards are finished. Hope you had an enjoyable evening at Kelly's last night. Have fun at breakfast with Kelly this morning. Enjoy your day off from school!

Pat, sorry you were still wide awake so late last night, but glad you found new info to input. But even more glad that you didn't loose this info that you found last year. Enjoy your walk this morning.

Nancy, what are you up to today? Did you get your taxes finished over the weekend?

It is supposed to be a soggy day here. Tonight is water class! That takes care of my day.
imnchghere Offline
#2710 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 6:30:55 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning....chilly 28* here, but sunny. We will be in the 60's by the end of the week.

Rhonda, are you off today or working? Jim could have gone into the office, but opted to work from home. Much more efficient for him. So I will have a walk partner.
The info last night was from death certificates, so I probably wouldn't have lost it, but as you know every nugget of info helps on the FTM leaf. And these are good sources as well.
Not sure what I will do today. Definitely start the page kits for the society album. I will need to print out pictures from Charleston and I think Salisbury, MD. Salisbury will be just a couple pages, since it was a boring working meeting, but Charleston was more social and the city is so beautiful.

I also need to get my cricut and cartridges out and set up so I can make cuts if needed.

Hope everyone has a productive day.

Edited by user Monday, February 20, 2012 6:32:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rm920 Offline
#2711 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 6:38:00 AM(UTC)
rm920

Pat, I do have to work todaySad I wish I could work from home! Yes, every tidbit of information is important in the FT quest! Enjoy the walk this morning with Jim!
Flee57 Offline
#2712 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 7:43:01 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening all!

I hope you have all had a great day. I left work early today from frustration on doing my job but just not good enough for management. I keep being told about how my call handle time and hold time are too high and I have to get it down. I just don't know how to do that without actually stopping in the middle of my call and saying, "oops, time up. bye" It's just frustrating because I'm trying to do my best to help the customers but my numbers aren't good enough for them. Just leave me alone and let me do my job! Geeeezzzz

I am watching The Voice and I just love that show! Some of these people are so talented. I love that they go their to follow their dreams. Anyone else watch it?

Pat, can you share the scone recipe? I think orange and pecan sound like they would be so good together.

I'm going to bed early tonight. I need another good night's sleep will get better. I have been sleeping great for a week now. WooHooQ

That's it for tonight.

Later!
rm920 Offline
#2713 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 8:38:13 PM(UTC)
rm920

Evening all..

Laurie, sorry about the frustrations at work. Hope something can work out for you. But it is great that you are getting some good sleep. That should help in so many ways.

I went to Hydrobics again tonight. It is probably the only night I will make it this week. Wednesday is the final home game for the ESU BB teams. And it is against their arch rival team! So can't miss it. I got a call this afternoon from DGD asking if she could come "hang out" with me Friday night and all day on Saturday! It seems her dad wants to do something this weekend so now it is good for me to have her visit - not last week when I wanted to! But I am glad to have her so of course I said yes!

Not much else here.

Pat, the scones looked oh so yummy. I think the lemon poppy seed ones would be my favorites! Did you have a walk partner today?
imnchghere Offline
#2714 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 9:22:49 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

evening everyone.. not a good walk day. It barely got out of the 40's, it was breezy, making it feel colder and Jim was neck deep in work. He probably would have went with me if I had asked, but I knew he wanted to take advantage of working in the quiet of home. No phones, no one bothering him. The rest of the week will be nice, so I am going to get out there. I spent the day on research and scones.

I did gather pictures to print out for the first page kits (society album). Will work on those tomorrow. Simple titles to cut.. location and dates.

Rhonda, that is great you will have dgd to hang with this weekend. Love I hope your team wins this week.
Lemon Poppy seed scones were one of the most popular in my tea room. I get tired of them, but they are my go to flavor.
Laurie, the orange pecan were good, but they need tweaking still. All these scones are part of a project a friend in CA and I are working on.
Going to call it a night here. Have a good one everyone.

Lizzy Offline
#2715 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:26:51 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...the report cards are finished, the sub plans are done for tomorrow because I am going to an all-day writing training...and I'm watching TV with Terry but contemplating going to bed. I continue to be exhausted this weekend. I'm so perplexed by my tiredness! I slept this afternoon for several hours and am still ready for sleep as I write.

A woman I work with made scones last week for a breakfast we had. They were pretty yummy! She said they were pretty easy to make, too.

Rhonda, I'm glad your DGD can be with you next weekend. Sorry about your FSIL's somewhat selfish actions. Enjoy your time next weekend.

There is a big scrapbook expo coming here next weekend. I am always tempted to go to one of those...and then I remember how crowded those events are! I'm so desperate to scrapbook!

Well, ladies, I am going to hit the hay. Everyone have a great Tuesday. Laurie, I hope you make it to work and not let the place drive you crazy!

I'll hope to check in tomorrow evening...but I do have my lessons to plan!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2716 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:38:44 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies! We are home safe and sound!

We had a really nice visit with my dad. It's strange because I don't think of my dad as old but he is slowing down.
We got to see the progress on the new house. It it going to be so very nice! It kind of looms over our tiny cottage but they have planned it out so well and made the best use possible of the lot.
We also checked out our cottage and the critters have been partying hard in there!!!

There is more evidence of them than we have ever had. My dad gave me a trap that can trap mouse after mouse so my sister and I came home the long way and stopped at the cottage and put the trap in there.

Off to bed now, I have my "new" big house to do tomorrow.
Nancycs Offline
#2717 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:26:28 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Let's see what I remember...

Rhonda WOO HOO on the weight loss. THat will be nice to visit with DGD this weekend. Could you go to the other class on Thursday so you keep up on the exercise?

Lizzy I am sure you are very glad to have those report cards done. How was you night at Kelly's? I hope it went well.

Laurie sorry about he work frustration. Have they given you any insight on to how to improve the time? I have never watched the voice. Is this the one where you don't see who is singing until later?

Pat sorry it wasn't a good walk day. Maybe it will be better today. SOunds like you are making progress on your society album.

Paula I know what you mean about not thinking your dad is getting old. My FIL has just turned 70 but it doesn't seem like he is that old. Sorry about your critter problems. WIll someone check your traps for you?

Well it has been quite the weekend. I did finish my taxes. I just need to review it and make sure I have all the info I need and then print out the forms from my program and I will be ready for my tax lady. I did not get to my t-shirts. Maybe this weekend.

The hard part of the weekend is that Riley and his GF of over 3 years broke up. I think it was Riley who doesn't feel the same about her. I think it has been coming for a while now. Riley seems to be doing OK. He feels really bad that his XGF is hurting though. He called me crying and it was because his XGF was hurt and crying. I talked with his X yesterday a bit and she still wants him, but just couldn't take all the fighting. I think Riley was ready to move on a while ago but didn't want to hurt her so he stayed with her. Riley is the one she talked to about everything. She also is having a hard time parting from us as a family because we have become a second family to her. She has had a rough family life and ours is more of a normal family and she could count on us. Any ways I hope they heal quickly!

Yesterday we had a pajama day since there was no school. The kids had fun.

Today we woke up to almost 2 inches of snow. Which will be good that they can sled again. Of course it is drizzling and it will get to 40* so it will start to melt but hopefully it will stay long enough for a couple of days of sledding. The area we sled is shady so the sun doesn't melt it as quickly as the other areas so that is a plus.
rm920 Offline
#2718 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:32:57 AM(UTC)
rm920

Morning all...

Lizzy, enjoy your training day - hope you can stay awake! I wonder what is causing you to be so tired?? You may have to be checked out.

Paula, glad you are home. What nerve of those critters - partying in your cabin and not even inviting you??? Hope the trap works and you do not have too much of a clean up when you go up next. Hope the "new" big house goes quickly and smoothly today!

Nancy, sorry about DS and his GF - it seems to be a part of growing up. I do feel for her though since you provided a stable family atmosphere for her. Snow!!! wow - we are to be in the low 50's today. We had a bit of a thunderstorm last evening while I was in the pool - guess there was some pea sized hail and winds but only .13 inches of rain. I know the little ones will enjoy the snow and the sledding.

Pat, hope today is better walking day for you. A day or research and scones is a good day in my books! I know Jim enjoyed working in the quiet.

Laurie, hope today is much better! Keep a good attitude!
imnchghere Offline
#2719 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:39:13 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon everyone. I am not sure where the day has went, but for sure it got away from me. Plan had been to bake another scone recipe to photograph, but I couldn't come up with a flavor. I wanted to do apricot white chocolate. But I didn't have white chocolate chips. I will need to get some I guess, because I am stuck on that flavor.

I did manage to get the pictures picked out to print for the society pages. Now I need to pick sizes and print. I am going to try to to get the titles done tomorrow. That will be maybe 5 (4 at least) page kits ready for the March crop.
I pinned a couple page maps from pinterest that I think will work for family holiday pages, so those might be the next ones I work on.

Tomorrow I will take the CFS boxes to the PO. I will be happy to have them out of here. Donation p/u will be here tomorrow and there goes more boxes/bags of stuff. YEA!!!!!!

Nancy, I hope the snow lasts long enough for the little ones to enjoy. We have gotten none to speak of this year. At this point I am fine with that. Normally I LOVE snow, but this year not so much. Thursday I think we could see 70* in parts of our area.

Rhonda, I am with you on scones + research = a good day. I have had an ancestor on my mind, so I decided to give him some time. I need to keep working on it though.

Not bad walking weather today, but still cool/breezy. I will keep at it though, until it becomes habit.
Nancycs Offline
#2720 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:04:17 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!!

Rhonda I hope you enjoy the game tonight! Have you decided what you and your DGD will do this weekend?

Pat I saw your pics on FB. THey looked so yummy! Sounds like a good day yesterday. What are your plans for today?

Paula, Lizzy and Laurie I hope your days went well yesterday!

Well the snow stayed enough for sledding but a lot of it disappeared. We will get another 1-3 inches by tomorrow afternoon. The weather will be a little cooler too so it may stay. Then Sunday night into Monday we are supposed to get a few inches so we may finally have some snow. Of course if we get mild weather again like we have had it may not stay long again. We will see though.

Todays plans are getting the bills done at rest time. I was working on Riley's grad party invite. I am struggling on the wording for it. I am sure it doesn't matter that much though. I was going to do one of those picture cards but I really don't like the ones they have out there for 2012. There are some I like but I don't want to spend over a $1 each for something that most people will just toss.
rm920 Offline
#2721 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:05:47 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

I cannot believe this weather - we may hit 70* today!! Wish I could get out and enjoy it today, but I have to work then tonight is the big rival game for ESU basketball teams. Will be an exciting night - keeping my fingers crossed for the Hornets, we are the underdogs.

Pat, glad you got out for a walk. Just do it day by day and it will soon be a habit!

What is everyone else up to today?

rm920 Offline
#2722 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:09:02 AM(UTC)
rm920

Nancy, I understand about wanting to hold the costs on the invites. I haven't decided for sure what we will do this weekend, but I think we will have a girls day shopping in Topeka on Saturday. Will just do what we want and have fun. I also want to go to HL and M's.
Nancycs Offline
#2723 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:12:13 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Rhonda a shopping day sounds fun! I can't believe you are going to get near 70* Lucky lady. Sorry you can't enjoy it though.
imnchghere Offline
#2724 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:16:00 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning ... I had a few things to take care of this morning, before I jumped on the computer. Going to be a busy day. I am anxious to print pictures and cut titles.
Anyway it took me some time to get the donation stuff put out. Next s getting the CFS to the PO. While out I want to p/u some white chocolate chips.
Rhonda, those 70's are inching towards us for tomorrow. Sure isn't a typical February. I think your shopping day sounds good. I am sure she will also enjoy having a female to talk to and who better than a grandma.
Nancy, I agree, not many will save the invite, so keeping the cost down makes sense. How many will you need? Ooh did you see on pinterest the cute Easter craft idea I tagged you in. I am not sure how tagging works on there, but if it didn't let you know, you can see it on my craft ideas board.

Well, I am going to get busy here. Last night I went through a pile of papers/stuff that had been in the bookcase downstairs. It was a treasure trove of cards, letters, pictures from family. Some of the girl's school stuff and art from my niece and nephew when they were little. I am going to scan some of it and then I am not sure what I will do with it. Other things I will give to the girls to do with what they want.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2725 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:42:05 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!!

Crafting day!!! =D Not sure what I am going to work on. I think we talked about putting some finishing touches on the journals and making some pink cards.

Katie made it to the new location (in Kenya) safe. Another new adventure.

Rhonda, there were snowflakes in the air when I got up this morning and yesterday morning we had enough to make the ground white for a bit. It's supposed to be in the 40's today.

Nancy, sorry about the break up. It is hard when you have developed a relationship too. It sounds so very familiar to me. DS was ready and XGF didn't see it coming. Her family life is not stable and I really felt like we were exposure to "normal" for her. I do still see her now and then but it's a hard call of what's appropriate (or good for all involved).
The mouse trap my dad sent has like a paddle wheel in it and it flips the critter in to a compartment and then it can catch another. It just keeps trapping them. Strange but good for this set up when we aren't there to empty traps. My BIL does check in on the cottage and has emptied traps for us since he is right there.

I think I will post this now and comment more later since Deb will be here soon and it takes me so long to get this to post.
Nancycs Offline
#2726 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:42:17 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Pat the pinterest did not let me know so I will have to go check it out. Thanks for letting me know. I was thinking I need to make 75 - 100 and realized that is what I would expect for guests and not invites so I will probably won't need more than 50 invites. Probably more like 40 so it won't be as bad as I thought. Although I am now thinking a I may make them. I found a simple one that could be made quickly. I just need to make a file on design studio first. It won't be a hard file to make though.

Paula I hope you get a lot done crafting today! That is an interesting trap. I would hate to come back to a bunch of dead mice so it is good that BIL can check it for you. Glad Katie made it safely to Kenya.

Well I put together a pot of chili in the crock pot. That way Riley has something ready to eat before he goes to work.

I had some tired kids today. They were so crabby but they are already asleep. They were nearly asleep after their heads hit the pillow. I don't even want to do the bills. I feel like I just need a break.
Nancycs Offline
#2727 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:28:26 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

HELP

I need some help with the grad invites. I have posted 2 pics on my blog. I post them there because there is no resizing and it is easy. You may want to click on the pics to see them better. They are pretty small otherwise. I am wondering if I should put the 2012 on it or leave it with just the grad cap. I didn't like it with just the 2012. I was thinking I might like the 2012 on there better after I have printed on the white card stock with the details (that will be in black). Any other ideas? I put the pic on one of them so you could see what I was doing. I will also be printing off the details of the party on the white card stock. I just used extra paper not my best paper, so don't look at the rough looking paper. I will be using those colors though. I will use a richer royal blue if I can find it. Anybody know a bazzil blue that would work?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:30:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#2728 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:21:32 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Nancy, I had to run out for a while.. just now seeing your post. I like what I see so far. I was going to ask about the 2012 positioned on the bottom blue stip (either centered or to the right)??, but not sure if it will be too much with the info in that space.
Can't help you with the paper question. I am not a Bazzill user.
Nancycs Offline
#2729 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:38:29 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Pat I tried it on the right of the blue strip on the bottom but hadn't tried the middle. I didn't like it on the right but I like it in the middle. You are right about how it might look once I get it printed. That may be the final deciding factor. I will get a picture after my battery charges and after I am done working. I am not a bazzil user either but they are on sale at J's right now and I can get packs of 25 and it is heavy card stock so it will hold up well with the cuts and sliding the inside through it.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:39:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2730 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:06:23 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello again,

Nancy, I like what you have come up with for the invites. I like it both ways but I think I would include the 2012. They have been referred as "the class of 2012" for years and 2012 has been their goal. I just like it on there.
I don't know about B paper either. Your J's has it? I don't think I have seen it there.

We worked on finishing up the journals and made some cards. I think I made 3 and she made 7. Blushing I do have the paper cut for 4 more though.