Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<1314151617>»
JANETCOOPER1 Offline
#421 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 3:57:05 PM(UTC)
JANETCOOPER1

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have had an Expression, now I have the E2. This does not cut through heavy card like the Expression used to. I have noticed other users have this problem, can you help? Have applied max pressure max depth various speeds but to no avail. New blades installed also. Please Help. Is it my machine, or a technical issue. Regards Janet Bored
14cross Offline
#422 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:54:17 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JANETCOOPER1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I have had an Expression, now I have the E2. This does not cut through heavy card like the Expression used to. I have noticed other users have this problem, can you help? Have applied max pressure max depth various speeds but to no avail. New blades installed also. Please Help. Is it my machine, or a technical issue. Regards Janet Bored

How heavy is your cardstock? If it is not cutting through 80 lb paper then what setting is your pressure set to? What setting is blade depth set to? Try replacing the blade and see if that makes a difference. It could be that the blade tip broke off.

Chris
Provo Craft
scraphappysteph Offline
#423 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:07:18 PM(UTC)
scraphappysteph

Was thanked: 433 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Chris,
I just got my replacement E2 and I think it is a bit rough. When I use a pen in it, the machine makes a loud thunk type noise when the arm lifts the pen(cricut marker) from the paper.
Also it seems to make a rattling noise when cutting.
When the carrier makes it way along the bar it also seems to have a much louder noise then when cutting.
What do you think?
Stephanie
CaroleCorey Offline
#424 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:34:12 PM(UTC)
CaroleCorey

Chris, I received my E2 about 3-4 months ago (ordered from HSN on 5th anniversary show), but I've been out of town a lot and yesterday tried to use it for the first time and it wouldn't turn on. Briefly the power light came on but it kept making a strange noise, cycling off and on. Tonight it will not even turn on so I have never used it. I think I'm coming up to payment 4 of 5 and am disappointed now that I am home for a week that it will not turn on. I've checked the power adapter (not lit up), checked the power plug and it is inserted completely and I tried another outlet that works with everything else. Any suggestions? I have not callibrated because I assume I have to turn it on and hook up the the laptop.
Carole Corey
Bunnylover Offline
#425 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:39:56 AM(UTC)
Bunnylover

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I bought my Cricut direct from Cricut.com back in May. It was delivered to my friends house in NY and I collected it when I travelled there on vacation in July. I carried the unopened box on a cruise ship (so no airport baggage damage)back to the UK and was really excited to be able to use my new toy (this is Cricut number 5). Unfortunately, my machine doesn't cut. The solinoid inside the blade housing is not letting the blade move up and down into the paper so nothing is cutting. We called Cricut from the UK to be told....TOO BAD!!!
I am a Cricut teacher in the UK, I own a craft store that stocks Cricut products (this machine is currently only available through home shopping on the TV)and this is the attitude. These machines are not cheap, and to have that kind of attitude is disgusting. When it was explained that we were Criut retailers, we were given a number for customer services in the Netherlands. This number is disconnected, and what were we told?....TOO BAD!!
I now have a machine that doesn't work and that will cost be more than it's original cost to get fixed...if I can find someone to do it. My only other option will be to sell it for spare parts on Ebay :(
Weezie13 Offline
#426 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:54:17 AM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Email Chris Cross14 I think it is...
See if he can do something about it or for you!!!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, this is FREEAAAAAAAAAKIN' UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Talk about word of mouth...
The Drunken committee at PC should be SPANKED!!!

IMHO!!!Cool

I am confident that Chris can help you..
He's a pretty good guy!BigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:55:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

purpleluvnscrapper Offline
#427 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 3:42:50 PM(UTC)
purpleluvnscrapper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 599 time(s) in 307 post(s)
mine is great so far! although I just opened today and started playing with it. love the cutting light and not having to use the keypad overlays! cuts beautifully!
ktscrapin Offline
#428 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 7:44:53 PM(UTC)
ktscrapin

I love my E2! Had the original expression and decided to upgrade. Have cut tons of layered animals, letters and shapes. Haven't had any issues and cuts like butter. Great job PC!
shae from Aus Offline
#429 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 4:31:46 AM(UTC)
shae from Aus

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hi all

Got my e2 today went to turn it on and the machine would only stay on the first screen all the top button lights on.
the bottom two rollers making a bad noise. not happy got a lemon.got my husband to have a look so he connected it too cricut sync
to reload the firmware it looks like it never had it installed in china factory? after playing for 4hrs got it to load firmware
now it went to the cal-screen acept terms and home screen went to cut bad noise still there when starting up so sad, while cutting the blade housing would jolt while cutting very loud so i turned off and put it back in box... poor quality inspection provo craft a must to add to your list.thanks

ALL GOOD NOW GOT A REPLACEMENT FROM THE SELLER BUT SHE'S OUT OF POCKET SHAME!!!

Edited by user Sunday, September 11, 2011 3:22:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shae from Aus Offline
#430 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:13:12 PM(UTC)
shae from Aus

HI CHRIS

WITH THE E2 IM TRYING TO SELECT AN IMAGE ON THE SCREEN BUT IT WILL HIGHLIGHT AN IMAGE HALF WAY ON THE OTHER SIDE. WILL WORK WITH PRE LOADED CARTS BUT NOT WITH MY OTHER COLLECTION. IVE CALIBRATED THE SCREEN THIS HASNT FIX THE PROBLEM ALSO USED SYNC TO RETORE THE MACHINE NOTHING HAS WORKED. IT SEEMS TO BE A BIT SENSITIVE TO THE TOUCH ON THE LEFT HAND TOP SIDE MAYBE ITS A FIRMWARE UPGRADE WE NEED FROM PCRAFT THAT WILL FIX THE BUG THIS MACHINE HAS. ALSO WITH CCR,THE LIGHT ON THE MACHINE WILL NOT COME ON WHEN I CUT, ALL SETTINGS ARE SET RIGHT,WORKS FINE WITHOUT CCR.
ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE THANKS.

Edited by user Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:16:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KathyRoscoe Offline
#431 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:19:07 PM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
I have had my E2 since launch and today, it decided that it would not load the cutting mat. I even tried with Craft Room and it still would not load. The rollers do not turn and the E2 does not make that Cricut noise when I turn the E2 on. Can I reset the E2? If not, what can I do?Crying
JeanneLee Offline
#432 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:39:16 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 214 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Help...
I turn the machine on the ball rolls and makes its usual noise and all the lights stay lit(power, pause, house and ???) and the screen stays on the Cricut E2 Anniversary and doesn't go to the home screen.
Any ideas?
I have used my machine several times and this is the first time its ever done this.(it was updated when I bought the E2 from HSN)
I did turn it off, unplug it and it stills does the same thing.

I didn't bring the cord to hook up to the PC to see if its an update I needed.

I am at a crop weekend and can't use my Cricut! Crying
farmscraps Offline
#433 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:34:50 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: JeanneLee Go to Quoted Post
Help...
I turn the machine on the ball rolls and makes its usual noise and all the lights stay lit(power, pause, house and ???) and the screen stays on the Cricut E2 Anniversary and doesn't go to the home screen.
Any ideas?
I have used my machine several times and this is the first time its ever done this.(it was updated when I bought the E2 from HSN)
I did turn it off, unplug it and it stills does the same thing.

I didn't bring the cord to hook up to the PC to see if its an update I needed.

I am at a crop weekend and can't use my Cricut! Crying

This is exactly what happened to me today...Crying I am not happy at all. It worked fine last time I used it.. I am going to be calling PC in the morning.... I have looked all over the internet for a fix for this and nothing... Good luck with yours..
JeanneLee Offline
#434 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 5:26:43 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

OH no! So sorry to hear that farmscraps! Sad
I see in a few posts we are not the only ones who have had that very same issue.

I just got home from my crop weekend. I was so disappointed I couldn't
use my E2. I am right behind you on the phone call!

I am frustrated, I never had any issues with my Expression...wish I hadn't sold it now! Crying

Edited by user Sunday, September 18, 2011 5:29:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

farmscraps Offline
#435 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:24:21 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

OH no! So sorry to hear that farmscraps! Sad
I see in a few posts we are not the only ones who have had that very same issue.

I just got home from my crop weekend. I was so disappointed I couldn't
use my E2. I am right behind you on the phone call!

I am frustrated, I never had any issues with my Expression...wish I hadn't sold it now! Crying

I am so frustrated with trying to figure this out... I had to leave it alone. I am glad I kept my old E I have never had a problem with it... Glad I kept the box for the E2...hope it is an easy and quick fix...

Wonder if we will be calling at the same time. LOL.Flapper

Good luck with yours!!
JeanneLee Offline
#436 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 7:52:55 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Its 10:45am here and I am on hold...hope its a quick fix!
I saved my box as well! Hope we don't have to send them in.

Addendum: I was on hold for 20 min(11:05)...and PC walked me through some steps and now we are seeing if this will fix it. Cool thing if it works! They wiped it clean with the Cricut Sync connection and now its being updated again.

Will keep you posted....

Edited by user Monday, September 19, 2011 8:24:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

farmscraps Offline
#437 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 9:21:39 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Addendum: I was on hold for 20 min(11:05)...and PC walked me through some steps and now we are seeing if this will fix it. Cool thing if it works! They wiped it clean with the Cricut Sync connection and now its being updated again.

Will keep you posted....

9:20 here and I am on hold.. Hoping it works and I dont have to send it back...
14cross Offline
#438 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 9:32:02 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: farmscraps Go to Quoted Post
9:20 here and I am on hold.. Hoping it works and I dont have to send it back...

My experience has been that this happens if your update failed, which is usually caused bythe connection being lost at some point during the update. If you go to trouble shooting on Cricut Sync, answer the questions and reload the firmware your machine will work fine afterward.

Chris
Provo Craft
farmscraps Offline
#439 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 9:54:19 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
My experience has been that this happens if your update failed, which is usually caused bythe connection being lost at some point during the update. If you go to trouble shooting on Cricut Sync, answer the questions and reload the firmware your machine will work fine afterward.

Chris
Provo Craft

Where can I find cricut sync other then on my computer to re download??
14cross Offline
#440 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:06:40 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: farmscraps Go to Quoted Post
Where can I find cricut sync other then on my computer to re download??

http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

Chris
Provo Craft
farmscraps Offline
#441 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:14:35 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

Chris
Provo Craft

Thanks Chris I found it earlier... I had to call CS 4 times... Looks like I have to send my machine back.Crying I am so bummed but I know that PC will take good care of me. I have to say the CS at PC is awesome they were so patient with me...
farmscraps Offline
#442 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:22:00 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Will keep you posted....

Hope yours works for you.. they were great and walked me through tons of steps but no luck for me. They are sending me a label to ship it back..Crying So glad I didnt sell my original E..
JeanneLee Offline
#443 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 8:31:37 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Awww, sorry you have to send it back...funny how we both had the same issue!

They got it to work...it updated and I am now back to a home screen! I haven't cut with it yet, but will tom'w,!
I had to put all my stuff away from the scrap book retreat I was at this weekend!

The gentleman who helped me said he hadn't heard of that happening before with the anniversary screen sticking, but he said it was a software issue and would make note of it.

Edited by user Monday, September 19, 2011 8:33:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

farmscraps Offline
#444 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:36:58 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Awww, sorry you have to send it back...funny how we both had the same issue!

They got it to work...it updated and I am now back to a home screen! I haven't cut with it yet, but will tom'w,!
I had to put all my stuff away from the scrap book retreat I was at this weekend!

The gentleman who helped me said he hadn't heard of that happening before with the anniversary screen sticking, but he said it was a software issue and would make note of it.

Gosh I wonder if I did something wrong then. Maybe I will have DH unload my sync and reload it and then go through the steps for me 1 more time. Still waiting on my shipping label so it cant hurt...

So glad you didnt have to send yours back..
lorriegretz Offline
#445 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:10:42 PM(UTC)
lorriegretz

I do not like my E2 at all, its more trouble than its worth. to go through all those steps just to cut a design, yuck, the expression is sooooooooooooo much easier to use.yes, the included carts are nice, but not worth the money you spend on the machine. so sorry that I got it. may be selling it soon.
JoelleChetlain Offline
#446 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 5:09:21 PM(UTC)
JoelleChetlain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've had my E2 since the day it was released (with a quick swap for a low blade housing issue) and it's been awesome until tonight. All of a sudden in the middle of a cut via my Gypsy, it lost communication, and now there is no connection via the USB to either my computer or my Gypsy. Is this a known issue? Has my USB gone bad? Doesn't matter what cable, or computer I try. Nothing happens....ARRGGHH, was making a wedding card for tomorrow.
bubbles1893 Offline
#447 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:11:45 PM(UTC)
bubbles1893

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I just opened the e2 from HSN and went to cut something from the craft room. I have the driver installed even though it wanted software that didn't come with the machine. I updated the CCR and now it says i have a null and have to try again later (or something to that effect) everytime i plug in the machien to my computer i get an error message and have to abort it. I've gotten to the point now that it's looking for the machine on the craft room. any help
A.K. Offline
#448 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 10:37:01 PM(UTC)
A.K.

United States

Please take a moment to tell me what you think of your E2 and how your E2 is working. I am very interested to know of any issues you might be having, including shipping damage or updating issues. Please don't post any questions here. Post those as separate posts and I will answer them there.

I know about the backorder issue and, unfortunately (or fortunately), that is not an issue we have any control over. We have more E2s available for HSN and it is my understanding that they have requested more to fill ALL orders that have been placed.

So let me know what you think of the E2 and let me know how it is working.

Thanks!

Chris
Provo Craft

DeeQ Offline
#449 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2011 12:30:13 PM(UTC)
DeeQ

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Mine is being returned ASAP. I bought it to replace a fully functioning Expression. I am disappointed in the size of the screen, it's much smaller than I had anticipated. I have to take my glasses off to see it and select keys. This isn't a problem of the machine, it's my nearsighted eyes. Viewing the Gypsy this way is easy, I can sit down, sort out what I need to, create my design, then plug it into my E to cut. Doing this with the E2 required me to stand up in an awkward position for a few minutes for every cut.

What I noticed right away is that it isn't as well-made as my E. The blade housing is plastic, and the drive band inside seems quite flimsy compared to my current machine.

My E2 didn't arrive damaged. It arrived quickly, 2 days after I ordered it. I spent a few days reviewing videos so that I would know how to use the functions. I set it up, and was able to size the design that I chose. For whatever reason, I couldn't get the design to cut at the size that I needed. I was trying to cut a phrase and a shadow, and the two wouldn't turn out properly no matter what I tried. I even tried a different cartridge, in case my cartridge images weren't correct. Same issue - the sizes were very inconsistent.

I made sure the "real dial" button wasn't selected. I even went back in after a few cuts and turned it on, since I thought that maybe I had gotten it turned ON instead of OFF. Highlighting the button as a darker color doesn't show that the button is selected or not when there are only two buttons. How do you know for sure it's ON? It doesn't say that it's on, it just turns a different color, and there is nothing to verify that it's been selected or unselected other than the color change. Poor design.

While I was trying to verify that the design was sized properly, I realized that it takes 8 button taps to get from the size screen to actually cutting the design. There are a lot of verifications of the proper settings, but no size settings without going through several screens. On my Expression, I can verify what size I am cutting without having to scroll through 5 or 6 screens. A quick glance is all that's needed. How frustrating!!

The biggest issue that I had, however, was that after I had cut a design and returned to the mat screen, my image would appear halfway across the mat, as though it was trying to leave a space for the previously cut design, even though I had ejected the mat and inserted a new one. I couldn't get the image to line up in the proper corner of the mat, and couldn't find a setting to change this from happening. I would have to turn the machine off, then restart the whole process.

After spending about 5 hours trying to cut a single usable design, I gave up. I boxed it back up and stuck it into the shipping box. It's going back. The images on the machine are nothing special, they are quite similar to the images on the original Accent Essentials, which I don't use, either. I had thought that Art Nouveau might be nice to have, but the images aren't ones that I'd use, although they are pretty. The images on the Spring Sampler cartridges are mostly ones that I already own on other cartridges, so there is no reason to keep this particular bundle.

And - the wifi? When I heard that there would be a wifi adapter for this machine, I had erroneously thought that we'd be able to access CCR directly from the machine without having to use a computer, much like how my bluray accesses netflix and other online services. Silly me. The wireless adapter is for the output only, to send info wirelessly to the Expression 2 for cutting. For some, that might make sense, but don't people have to be near their Cricut to load mats? Making it wireless is a bit gimicky, it just eliminates a cord.

I'll stick with my regular Expression and the Gypsy for now. I don't think that the learning curve will be worth the benefits of upgrading. And, I've a feeling that there is something wrong with the machine that was sent to me, so I'd rather not mess with getting it fixed, anyway. It's just not worth the frustration after spending $350 for this.

JCP Offline
#450 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 1:20:05 PM(UTC)
JCP

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I wish I still had my original Expression. I have both the E2 just released by HSN and the Anniversary edition. I have been trying for half a day to get an image cut on textured card stock. It absolutely will not cut through the paper and have used every setting I can including multi-cut. Can't find a good tutorial for this machine and I can follow step by step