Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages«<1415161718>»
Mercy Offline
#451 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:12:01 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JCP Go to Quoted Post
I wish I still had my original Expression. I have both the E2 just released by HSN and the Anniversary edition. I have been trying for half a day to get an image cut on textured card stock. It absolutely will not cut through the paper and have used every setting I can including multi-cut. Can't find a good tutorial for this machine and I can follow step by step

Have you tried a fresh blade or the deep blade housing from the E? Well, that is if you still have any of he blades left from the E. The blade that came with your units might be a defective blades.

Edited by user Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:13:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
JCP on 10/15/2011(UTC)
JCP Offline
#452 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:37:29 PM(UTC)
JCP

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you. I came up with that idea in the middle of the night. Haven't had time to try it yet but I do have the deep cut blade. Hope it works. I love making cards, scrapbooks, etc.
Mercy Offline
#453 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 3:36:09 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: JCP Go to Quoted Post
Thank you. I came up with that idea in the middle of the night. Haven't had time to try it yet but I do have the deep cut blade. Hope it works. I love making cards, scrapbooks, etc.

After you try it, let us know the outcome.
Khrista Offline
#454 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 8:11:12 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
I've been backtracking through this thread and haven't seen this yet. The screen on my sisters E2 will go between the cartridge keypad screen and the menu with the drop down for the different cartridges. It literally bounces between the two. She hasn't done any updates since she got it two weeks ago from Provo. Anyone seen this before? I don't want to update her if there are problems like there currently are with the Imagines updates. Trying to determine if there are or not with the Anniversary E2.

Thanks!
:)Khrista
Mercy Offline
#455 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 11:21:52 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
I've been backtracking through this thread and haven't seen this yet. The screen on my sisters E2 will go between the cartridge keypad screen and the menu with the drop down for the different cartridges. It literally bounces between the two. She hasn't done any updates since she got it two weeks ago from Provo. Anyone seen this before? I don't want to update her if there are problems like there currently are with the Imagines updates. Trying to determine if there are or not with the Anniversary E2.

Thanks!

Yes, try updating the G as that might fix the problem and let us know the outcome. Thus far, I have not seen updating issues with the E2.
Khrista Offline
#456 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:45:06 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Thanks Mercy. Was the E2, not G :) I went ahead and crossed my fingers and updated it for her last night. Looks like it took care of the flickering back and forth thing. Just randomly put things from a cartridge I put in the machine and cartridges preinstalled and it stayed on the screen it was supposed to. Another person now enjoying a Cricut. (helps to have a sister who has lots of cartridges she can borrow too. lol)

Mercy Offline
#457 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 8:26:05 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Mercy. Was the E2, not G :) I went ahead and crossed my fingers and updated it for her last night. Looks like it took care of the flickering back and forth thing. Just randomly put things from a cartridge I put in the machine and cartridges preinstalled and it stayed on the screen it was supposed to. Another person now enjoying a Cricut. (helps to have a sister who has lots of cartridges she can borrow too. lol)

LOL Thanks for catching my typo LOL! You know I have G itis!!LOL I am glad that you knew I was talking about the E2 and not the G!!LOL

Glad that it worked and YES it is always good that your sister is sharing your hobby especially if she will start buying the carts!!LOL That way, you can give your pocket a break!!LOL
MonkeyStamp Offline
#458 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:27:30 PM(UTC)
MonkeyStamp

United States

Hello BigGrin I am new on here- I got my E2 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure about the "updating" thing- Where do I do this? When? and How often? Blushing Or are there instructions with the machine that maybe I missed? If someone out there could help me would be sweet! Cool thank you!
alicehollis1 Offline
#459 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:30:01 PM(UTC)
alicehollis1

Hi Chris,just opened my E2 today. It worked right out of the box! I made a few cuts, so far so good!

Alice
Mercy Offline
#460 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 5:06:29 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: MonkeyStamp Go to Quoted Post
Hello BigGrin I am new on here- I got my E2 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not sure about the "updating" thing- Where do I do this? When? and How often? Blushing Or are there instructions with the machine that maybe I missed? If someone out there could help me would be sweet! Cool thank you!

In order to update your computer, you need Cricut sync or C sync for short in which you can find by clicking the below link.

The E2 probably will not get as many updates but we have had two thus far so connect your E2 to the computer, the computer will try to download a driver, tell it no, click the link, download C sync after it updates you disconnect the cable from your computer. A white cable is provided to connect to your computer.
Mary R. Offline
#461 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:26:30 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Hello Chris,

I purchased the E2 Sept. 2011 from HSN but didn't start using it unitl last week. I love the E2BigGrin however, I have a few minor issues.

1. My E2 is very noisy. Based on another post, I will take out & re-insert the blade and see if this eliminates the noise.

2. I didn't receive a White Housing Blade with my machine. I received the standard GHB. Should I advise PC?

3. I cannot insert my DCB with housing into the machine. It just doesn't fit. I tried several times. I have a metallic blue DHB that I use with my original E. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a special DCB for the E2? I noticed the holder opening doesn't open all the way---not sure if this is the problem or how to fix it.

4. Since I updated my G to use with the E2 it freezes up (way too often). I never had a problem with my G before so I find this frustrating...I love & use my G all the time. It is much easier than inserting carts into the E or E2 all the time.

5. I find my original E mats do not sync with the E2 images. That is, when I use my E mats the images are cut off at the top. The E2 mat appears to have a small boundary line. I work around this but just thought I'd mention it. I didn't see anyone else post this issue. I have several E mats incl. 12x24. oh well.

6. The E2 doesn't accept a blade 6 for cutting???? Yet, it is listed in the machine. Any ideas?

Question: Is there a way to link our cartridges to the E2 so we don't have to insert each individual cart. I know we must keep at least one cartridge in the E2 in order for it to work. I often use images from two cartridges that is why I love my G and was hoping the E2 would work the same way. Any thoughts on this?

On a funny side, when I first used the E2 I didn't remove the clear cover and couldn't read the information on the screen & thought OMG! I'm going blind & I have to send back the E2 machine since I couldn't read anything. After reading instructions, I realized the clear cover came off. Hope my stupidity gives you a laughLOL .

Even with the above issues I love, love, love my E2. Just wish we could link our carts to it.

Best,
Mary R.
Mercy Offline
#462 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 4:04:24 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: MaryRinaldi Go to Quoted Post
Hello Chris,

I purchased the E2 Sept. 2011 from HSN but didn't start using it unitl last week. I love the E2BigGrin however, I have a few minor issues.

1. My E2 is very noisy. Based on another post, I will take out & re-insert the blade and see if this eliminates the noise.

2. I didn't receive a White Housing Blade with my machine. I received the standard GHB. Should I advise PC?

3. I cannot insert my DCB with housing into the machine. It just doesn't fit. I tried several times. I have a metallic blue DHB that I use with my original E. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a special DCB for the E2? I noticed the holder opening doesn't open all the way---not sure if this is the problem or how to fix it.

4. Since I updated my G to use with the E2 it freezes up (way too often). I never had a problem with my G before so I find this frustrating...I love & use my G all the time. It is much easier than inserting carts into the E or E2 all the time.

5. I find my original E mats do not sync with the E2 images. That is, when I use my E mats the images are cut off at the top. The E2 mat appears to have a small boundary line. I work around this but just thought I'd mention it. I didn't see anyone else post this issue. I have several E mats incl. 12x24. oh well.

6. The E2 doesn't accept a blade 6 for cutting???? Yet, it is listed in the machine. Any ideas?

Question: Is there a way to link our cartridges to the E2 so we don't have to insert each individual cart. I know we must keep at least one cartridge in the E2 in order for it to work. I often use images from two cartridges that is why I love my G and was hoping the E2 would work the same way. Any thoughts on this?

On a funny side, when I first used the E2 I didn't remove the clear cover and couldn't read the information on the screen & thought OMG! I'm going blind & I have to send back the E2 machine since I couldn't read anything. After reading instructions, I realized the clear cover came off. Hope my stupidity gives you a laughLOL .

Even with the above issues I love, love, love my E2. Just wish we could link our carts to it.

Best,
Mary R.

Yes, call pc and let us know the outcome with your E2. Your G issues, I posted to your other thread.
IvaYoungs Offline
#463 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:32:36 PM(UTC)
IvaYoungs

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I'm on my second round of reformatting the anniversary E2 machine... All it seems to do is read the carts that are on it. I know I have had problems with Flower Shoppe and now Chic and Scary. all it does is flash back and fourth between two screens. The Cricut start screen and the screen with the mat. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?

My machine didn't do this until I updated it. But it was not reading Flower Shoppe so I called in and did exactly what she told me to do over the phone.

Mercy Offline
#464 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:58:12 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: IvaRai Go to Quoted Post
I'm on my second round of reformatting the anniversary E2 machine... All it seems to do is read the carts that are on it. I know I have had problems with Flower Shoppe and now Chic and Scary. all it does is flash back and fourth between two screens. The Cricut start screen and the screen with the mat. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it?

My machine didn't do this until I updated it. But it was not reading Flower Shoppe so I called in and did exactly what she told me to do over the phone.

If you followed the below instructions that tech gave to you and you cannot read any of the original carts, then call pc again and let us know the outcome.

With the power off press the magnifying glass the pause key and power button

You will then see a rainbow test pattern screen the machine will cycle the roller bars and then the blue calibration screen will come on with the cross hair in the upper left hand corner.

Chase the cross hairs and then it should go to the mat screen
IvaYoungs Offline
#465 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:43:54 AM(UTC)
IvaYoungs

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
If you followed the below instructions that tech gave to you and you cannot read any of the original carts, then call pc again and let us know the outcome.

You will then see a rainbow test pattern screen the machine will cycle the roller bars and then the blue calibration screen will come on with the cross hair in the upper left hand corner.

I did what you said and even tried it while the cart was in there. No such luck. The screen still flashes between the two. I'll be calling in today to see what they say to do.
IvaYoungs Offline
#466 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:34:35 AM(UTC)
IvaYoungs

PC will be sending me a new cart. She said it sounds like it is a bad one.
Mercy Offline
#467 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:14:22 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: IvaRai Go to Quoted Post
I did what you said and even tried it while the cart was in there. No such luck. The screen still flashes between the two. I'll be calling in today to see what they say to do.

Good to hear that pc will be replacing your cart.

Edited by user Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:20:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Craftmom Offline
#468 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:27:59 PM(UTC)
Craftmom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I like my E2 but my light has never worked. A little disappointed in that.
Mercy Offline
#469 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 7:19:21 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Craftmom Go to Quoted Post
I like my E2 but my light has never worked. A little disappointed in that.

Are you cutting with the Gypsy or are you cutting without the Gypsy?
KarenT Offline
#470 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 8:52:05 AM(UTC)
KarenT

Was thanked: 297 time(s) in 284 post(s)

After doing the new CCR update (link) posted on Cricut mb I am getting nothing on my new Cricut expression 2 which I bought on the HSN anniversary program. It won't work. It will power on and all the button lights come on and stay on but the screen just says Cricut expression 2(the welcome screen). It has been working before this and now suddenly nothing at all. I tired powering off and nothing is happening. Help please Sad
Mercy Offline
#471 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:08:57 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: KarenT Go to Quoted Post
After doing the new CCR update (link) posted on Cricut mb I am getting nothing on my new Cricut expression 2 which I bought on the HSN anniversary program. It won't work. It will power on and all the button lights come on and stay on but the screen just says Cricut expression 2(the welcome screen). It has been working before this and now suddenly nothing at all. I tired powering off and nothing is happening. Help please Sad

Click the below link, go to post 33 and let us know the outcome.

http://community.provocr...ind=lastpost#post1163030
KarenT Offline
#472 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:21:11 PM(UTC)
KarenT

Hi Mercy, checked the link you provided to see what I should try...below:

Quote:
Tip of the Day! (It is not mine but nonetheless it is a tip)

Finding Firmware From E2:

If you can't catch the E2 firmware on boot up, tap the wrench icon on the main screen, tap the right arrow at the bottom 3 times, then tap the ! icon. You will see the firmware version there.

I am not getting anything but....

CRICUT

expression 2 5th Anniversary Edition

That's it Confused

After it's been working fine...no problems until the latest update yesterday Crying I have to run out to get dd at the bus stop. I'll be back on later if any other suggestions from anyone. Thx for trying to help me out.

KarenT
Mercy Offline
#473 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 1:20:56 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Hi Mercy, checked the link you provided to see what I should try...below:

I am not getting anything but....

CRICUT

expression 2 5th Anniversary Edition

That's it Confused

After it's been working fine...no problems until the latest update yesterday Crying I have to run out to get dd at the bus stop. I'll be back on later if any other suggestions from anyone. Thx for trying to help me out.

KarenT

Post 33 says the below:

If your E2 is stuck on the Logo Screen, follow the below information:

KarenT Offline
#474 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:36:42 PM(UTC)
KarenT

Quote:
Post 33 says the below:

If your E2 is stuck on the Logo Screen, follow the below information:

Got the rainbow but it then reverts right back to the....

Quote:
power on and all the button lights come on and stay on but the screen just says Cricut expression 2(the welcome screen)
I feel like we are almost there BigGrin I am keeping fingers crossed ThumpUp
Mercy Offline
#475 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 3:35:01 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Got the rainbow but it then reverts right back to the....

I feel like we are almost there BigGrin I am keeping fingers crossed ThumpUp

What is the status of the E2?
KarenT Offline
#476 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 6:20:30 AM(UTC)
KarenT

Quote:
What is the status of the E2?

It's not moving past the rainbow...it's just going back to....

Quote:
All the button lights come on and stay on and the screen just says Cricut expression 2 5th Anniversary Edition Sad

It just seems to freeze there and that's it.

KarenT Offline
#477 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 1:50:17 PM(UTC)
KarenT

Ok...well I finally called PC today and a very nice lady tried very hard to help me out but my E2 never worked so I am getting a new one. I have to find a box though to put my baby into. Ok...so I think she told me to put the power cord back in and the machine in the box...is that all I have to send back?

I am sorry I had a bad headache while talking and still have it now...thx for any help. Thx Mercy for trying to help me out as well BigGrin

KarenT
Mercy Offline
#478 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 12:48:03 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Ok...well I finally called PC today and a very nice lady tried very hard to help me out but my E2 never worked so I am getting a new one. I have to find a box though to put my baby into. Ok...so I think she told me to put the power cord back in and the machine in the box...is that all I have to send back?

I am sorry I had a bad headache while talking and still have it now...thx for any help. Thx Mercy for trying to help me out as well BigGrin

KarenT

Glad that you are getting a new one. If that is all that she told you to send, then that is all! Hope your new one will work! :)
~tallulah~ Offline
#479 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:04:54 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
ok just got my e2 from creative memories. update went ok but it got stuck on receiving updates. i disconnected it and turned it on and it cut fine with my gypsy too. i had been going back and forth with mercy for help so she said the numbers weren't right so i stopped cutting, reconnected and it finished the update. started it back up and resumed cutting. lol

and when i tried to use sync it said my machine was not turned on or connected and it was. turns out the stop button was on when i first plugged it in and after i restarted it..don't know why.

here's a weird thing. when it updated it had my e2 as the ann ed. it is not the ann ed but there was no option to change it before doing the updates. i'm guessing that's ok?

i'm sure it will take me forever to memorize the buttons as i use my g all the time. actually i don't see any difference in it when i use my g. lol.

if the e2 could weld it would be the perfect machine!

oh! i need this to be customizable too!!!! now i need to find the pink ends for it!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:42:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#480 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:16:23 PM(UTC)
Mercy

BigGrin Glad that all is well and thanks for letting us know your outcome!