Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

20 Pages<12345>»
14cross Offline
#61 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 9:21:54 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Paintnut Go to Quoted Post
My E2 arrived with the packaging intact. I set it up and cut something and it cut fine.

I am having a huge problem getting my computer to connect with it. I have the Cricut Sync on my computer and every time I open the program it says Device not attached to computer or is not turned on. It is turned on and I have tried several different USB ports.

HELP! Why won't it connect? My computer also says it does not have drivers for the USB device and to replace the device.

Have you updated other Cricut machines using Cricut Sync or is this your first? It may be a firewall or virus protection program issue. Make sure that Cricut Sync is allowed by these programs. Somewhere you can tell these programs what programs to allow to run. Make sure Cricut Sync is on the list or they will not allow it to run correctly.

Chris
Provo Craft
14cross Offline
#62 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 9:51:34 AM(UTC)
14cross

My E2 arrived with the packaging intact. I set it up and cut something and it cut fine.

I am having a huge problem getting my computer to connect with it. I have the Cricut Sync on my computer and every time I open the program it says Device not attached to computer or is not turned on. It is turned on and I have tried several different USB ports.

HELP! Why won't it connect? My computer also says it does not have drivers for the USB device and to replace the device.

Uninstall Cricut Sync and reinstall it. It sounds like the drivers never installed properly.

Chris
Provo Craft
Paintnut Offline
#63 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:10:38 AM(UTC)
Paintnut

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
Have you updated other Cricut machines using Cricut Sync or is this your first? It may be a firewall or virus protection program issue. Make sure that Cricut Sync is allowed by these programs. Somewhere you can tell these programs what programs to allow to run. Make sure Cricut Sync is on the list or they will not allow it to run correctly.

Chris
Provo Craft

I have updated my Gypsy with no problems before.
Paintnut Offline
#64 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:12:30 AM(UTC)
Paintnut

Uninstall Cricut Sync and reinstall it. It sounds like the drivers never installed properly.

Chris
Provo Craft

I uninstalled then reinstalled Cricut Sync twice and allowed it through my firewall and still no luck.

I just connected my Gypsy to my computer and it came right up with updates for it.

The computer says USB device has malfunctioned.

Is this a defect in my E2?

Edited by user Monday, May 02, 2011 10:20:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

14cross Offline
#65 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:14:55 AM(UTC)
14cross

I uninstalled then reinstalled Cricut Sync twice and allowed it through my firewall and still no luck.

Is it still giving you the drivers message or what message are you getting? A drivers message has nothing to do with the E2. It is a Cricut Sync issue.

Chris
Provo Craft
Paintnut Offline
#66 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:23:18 AM(UTC)
Paintnut

Is it still giving you the drivers message or what message are you getting? A drivers message has nothing to do with the E2. It is a Cricut Sync issue.

Chris
Provo Craft

I am getting a message that says USB device malfunctioned. The drivers message was when I was going through the troubleshooting guide. Windows couldn't find drivers for the device.
14cross Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:24:42 AM(UTC)
14cross

I just connected my Gypsy to my computer and it came right up with updates for it.

The computer says USB device has malfunctioned.

Does the computer say USB device has malfuntioned only when the E2 is attached to your computer? Have you tried a different USB port on your computer?

Chris
Provo Craft
Paintnut Offline
#68 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:26:36 AM(UTC)
Paintnut

Does the computer say USB device has malfuntioned only when the E2 is attached to your computer? Have you tried a different USB port on your computer?

Chris
Provo Craft

Yes, I attached the Gypsy to it in the same port and it was recognized and ready for updates. I have also tried three other USB ports on my computer and I even tried my laptop. No go.
14cross Offline
#69 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 10:46:45 AM(UTC)
14cross

Yes, I attached the Gypsy to it in the same port and it was recognized and ready for updates. I have also tried three other USB ports on my computer and I even tried my laptop. No go.

You might have a bad usb port on the E2 then. Call Customer Service for a replacement.

Chris
Provo Craft
KimberlyBowling1 Offline
#70 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 11:00:57 AM(UTC)
KimberlyBowling1

I got my E2 in the mail SUPER fast! It was packaged great and didn't seem to have any damage. I was so excited that I took it straight from the box, updated the firmware, and made a few cuts with it. It worked fabulously! The cuts are perfect every time and there is no guess work with the settings with the new features. The machine seems quieter than my original expression and the cuts appear smoother. It did take FOREVER for the update! It froze on the E2 restart screen but I restarted the Cricut Sync software and then it worked finally.

It wasn't until I watched the online video on cricut.com/expression2 that it occurred to me... the cutting area light didn't come on while it was cutting! Since then I have tried to adjust the setting to get it to come on. I have tried to make it come on all the time, only when cutting, and I have turned it to the off setting and then back on. NOTHING. It doesn't work Crying .

Now, I'm trying to decide if it's something I can live without...
Paintnut Offline
#71 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 11:38:09 AM(UTC)
Paintnut

You might have a bad usb port on the E2 then. Call Customer Service for a replacement.

Chris
Provo Craft

Thank you Chris.

I have to send it back for a replacement.
VickieMoore1 Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 1:40:37 PM(UTC)
VickieMoore1

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just an update!! My husband called PC this morning and unfortunately we have to send it back. I wish i had the shipping label already..idk why they say it could take 3 days to get one emailed? HMMMM. Anyway the lady called me back and was really nice and said once i get the label to email her back. She wants to keep in contact with me.
JoelleChetlain Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 2:27:06 PM(UTC)
JoelleChetlain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I ordered myE2 the night it was was airing but before it aired. It arrived this morning. I updated my E2 and my Gypsy without any issues (although my Gypsy NEVER disconnects from Sync, I always have to reset it, but that's another story) I was all set to cut, but sadly I have the same blade depth issue as some of you others. I've had the original Expression and the Create, so I know what I'm doing Huh but this blade depth is so low at anything above a 2, that I can't even get my mat in. It is under the guides. It drags across the paper at anything 3+...I am very sad. I am going to get a blade housing from my daughter (she has my older machines) and try it to see if that's the problem, or if it's something bigger. I called PC and they are sending a new housing (green) ASAP. I am SO sad....at least I have it, but....

Edited by user Monday, May 02, 2011 2:50:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JoelleChetlain attached the following image(s):
photo (3) (2).jpg
Sunshinesacricutdiva Offline
#74 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 2:58:44 PM(UTC)
Sunshinesacricutdiva

I received my E2 on the 28th but wasn't able to open it until yesterday. I updated my G & my E2, no problem there. The problem is connecting the G to the E2 I get the "Gypsy is not able to communicate with your cricut..." message. I do not have the Imagine updates loaded on my G. This is extremely frustrating for me right now because I've been trying since yesterday to accomplish this. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this problem. BTW my G recognizes my original Expression so its not the cord.
14cross Offline
#75 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 3:05:58 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Sunshinesacricutdiva Go to Quoted Post
I received my E2 on the 28th but wasn't able to open it until yesterday. I updated my G & my E2, no problem there. The problem is connecting the G to the E2 I get the "Gypsy is not able to communicate with your cricut..." message. I do not have the Imagine updates loaded on my G. This is extremely frustrating for me right now because I've been trying since yesterday to accomplish this. Can somebody please tell me how to fix this problem. BTW my G recognizes my original Expression so its not the cord.

Can you tell me your Gypsy App update version? Also, can you please try to access one of the new cartridges and tell me if it loads up or returns you to the main menu.

Chris
Provo Craft
#76 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 3:34:27 PM(UTC)
Sunshinesacricutdiva

Can you tell me your Gypsy App update version? Also, can you please try to access one of the new cartridges and tell me if it loads up or returns you to the main menu.

Chris
Provo Craft

Version 1.4 (0210:0220). I attempted to access (Just a Note) although its in red it loaded.
PatWingert Offline
#77 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 3:36:21 PM(UTC)
PatWingert

I am VERY happy that mine came today! It was scheduled to come 5/5, so several days early is good ,>
I've only had a few minutes to play with it, tho. No issues so far. Just did the update. Am currently watching the videos and reading the manual.
Have not tried to sync my Gypsy yet.
Tomorrow will be my day to really get into it, so I'll post more then.
As for now, I am a Happy Cricut Camper! Tongue
JennLorist Offline
#78 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 3:38:36 PM(UTC)
JennLorist

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I love it!! Just wish I could use Craftroom with it. I am busy make 45 baby shower invitations.. Will post a pic when I am done..

Jennifer
14cross Offline
#79 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 3:46:49 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: Sunshinesacricutdiva Go to Quoted Post
Version 1.4 (0210:0220). I attempted to access (Just a Note) although its in red it loaded.

I just found out a couple of things that you might try.

1. Make sure your E2 is on the Main Menu screen.
2. Make sure the Gypsy and E2 are already connected to each other before hitting the first Cut button (the cut button that is on the Mat Layers screen).

Appearantly these two things are important to successful communication between the E2 and Gypsy. Let me know if that works.

Chris
Provo Craft
LarelynSartini Offline
#80 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 4:02:37 PM(UTC)
LarelynSartini

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 88 post(s)
Everything is working well, so far! Would you post the link to the video that the gals were talking about in the Circle Chat a few days ago. I've gone back 10 pages, but can't find it. I think Matt does the video and everyone says it's really helpful.

Thanks,
luvmyshihtzus (Carole) Offline
#81 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 4:06:10 PM(UTC)
luvmyshihtzus (Carole)

Was thanked: 616 time(s) in 414 post(s)
Please take a moment to tell me what you think of your E2 and how your E2 is working. I am very interested to know of any issues you might be having, including shipping damage or updating issues. Please don't post any questions here. Post those as separate posts and I will answer them there.

I know about the backorder issue and, unfortunately (or fortunately), that is not an issue we have any control over. We have more E2s available for HSN and it is my understanding that they have requested more to fill ALL orders that have been placed.

So let me know what you think of the E2 and let me know how it is working.

Thanks!

Chris
Provo Craft

I would be happy to let you know how mine was working. However, I was randomly chosen by HSN's computer to not receive my machine by the original promised date of 5/5. I will let you know if I ever get it.
#82 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 4:06:59 PM(UTC)
Sunshinesacricutdiva

I just found out a couple of things that you might try.

1. Make sure your E2 is on the Main Menu screen.
2. Make sure the Gypsy and E2 are already connected to each other before hitting the first Cut button (the cut button that is on the Mat Layers screen).

Appearantly these two things are important to successful communication between the E2 and Gypsy. Let me know if that works.

Chris
Provo Craft

Thanks for the help. I was able to load the mat using the G, however I was not able to cut from (Just a Note)I received a message stating that my G does not have the rights to use the image and to load the required images. What did I forget to do Confused
MelissaMathews Offline
#83 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 4:49:48 PM(UTC)
MelissaMathews

I received my E2 this afternoon and will actually cut something with it a little later. I've updated it, it arrived intact and I have my fingers crossed that I won't have the problems with the blade that others have expressed. My concern is that so many of us E2 owners do not have access to the Cricut Craft Room and not everyone, including myself, owns or plans to purchase a Gypsy. As I understand it, I will not be able to use Design Studio with the E2. Can you shed some light on this issue?
redrosenj99 Offline
#84 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 5:26:08 PM(UTC)
redrosenj99

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 268 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Well, I received my E2 this morning. Love , love, love it!! I tried a few cuts no problem.. I did have a problem updating it at first, but I turned off the firewall and then went into my CONTROL PANEL under Programs and Features and uninstalled the CricutSync.Reinstalled it and it worked like a charm. Just a reminder in case some are not sure about uninstalling a program. You need to go into your programs and features to uninstall them. I remember when I first started using my PC,I thought that if I right clicked on it and deleted it that it was gone.. NOTTT !!! So, I am happy to say I love my E2 !!!! (so far anyway ..lol ) Still have to try the Gypsy on it.

Cyndi

Tried the Gypsy and it worked !!!
Mis986 Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 5:39:06 PM(UTC)
Mis986

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I got my E2 today - just did the update - piece of cake compared to the I or the G last updates. I did one cut and it was very easy to use. I had watched a video and HSN so I didn't use the manual and still figured everything out very easy.
Nay~Nay Offline
#86 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 5:49:03 PM(UTC)
Nay~Nay

United States

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Got my E2, tried to run updates ..... Every time I run Cricut Sync with the E2 it shuts my wireless down on my laptop ......I had just updated my G so it's not a problem with Cricut Sync ......Even knowing it probably wasn't the sync software I uninstalled and reinstalled and tried another 3 times .....Same results every time .... Sync gets to where it says "checking for updates" then my wireless shuts off and the software says "check your internet connection, blah blah blah" ........
I guess my only option before calling PC is to download Sync on my desktop or hard wire my laptop and haul the E2 in here and see if that works ......
In the past I have been lucky with no problems to updates on my E, G, or I so I guess it's my turn to be frustrated for a while .....Mad
BunnieScraps Offline
#87 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 5:49:45 PM(UTC)
BunnieScraps

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mine came this afternoon via UPS 05.02.11. Only opened box so far & registered w/PC. Pkg was fine & all that was supposed to be included, was. (except how to get rewards points when registered) Will write again, when I set it up, turn it on, update it, etc. Can't wait, I'm so excited!
Laura
CindyLuoma Offline
#88 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 5:55:51 PM(UTC)
CindyLuoma

I received my E2 three days after ordering it and I did the free shipping. I was amazed at how quickly I got it. I have been playing with it and the only problem I can't figure out is when I cut the first shape and then go to layer I get a gray box on my mat. It won't let me cut the layer out. I even turn off the machine and try to start over but I get the same problem. I cut out the original shape but can't cut out the layers. I did do the update before I cut anything. What else can I try so I can cut out the shape and all the layers?
Lake Princess Offline
#89 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 6:58:18 PM(UTC)
Lake Princess

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)
This is my first Cricut and I was able to update both my E2 & Gypsy (also new) to communicate/cut, however, I can't get the preloaded cartridges to show up on the Gypsy as linked. I gather this is a separate issue that will be rectified in the near future. Otherwise, I had no issues whatsoever and everything is GREAT! Love it! I also use a Mac so think that makes a huge difference as I have no firewalls or virus scanning programs on my computer.BigGrin
Lena Offline
#90 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 7:41:05 PM(UTC)
Lena

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Can you post a picture of these images that are not cutting out correctly? I would like to be able to see what you are talking about. Thanks!

Chris
Provo Craft

Following up from my post #56(I have no idea how to add the content of that post to this post), I actually called PC today before I got a chance to read your response. I was told to reset the machine, I followed all the directions. I had to do this when I got home from work since PC's hours don't always work out quite right for me to call in. Anyways, went through the process, but when it came time for the update, everything just seem to hang. The update files at the very end were uploaded to the machine so slowly, it just hung. It sat for almost an hour and nothing changed. I decided to try and reset the machine again, but again could not update, the cricut sync would also try to check for updates and just hang so unfortunately my situation is way worse than before. My machine won't update, cuts wonky shapes, and of course there is that nice big blemish in the screen(I tap anywhere on the screen and there is that big ugly dark ripple on the lower left hand side near the corner of the screen). Sigh.........I can get my husband to probably upload pictures for me tomorrow of the shapes being cut incorrectly, but for now I'm stuck. Crying