Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BarbaraBarnes2 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 12:21:12 PM(UTC)
BarbaraBarnes2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Ok, I'm waiting for my Cricut Create and Gypsy to arrive tomorrow. Meanwhile, I just purchased 4 Lite cartridges today, one being BOTANICALS. Of the four, this is the ONLY one that is confusing to me. Now, the back of the carton shows the designs, and it lists the creative features as FONT SHADOW. This is where I first got confused, as looking at the back of the carton at the 50 designs, I saw NO TEXT whatsoever! Ok, I open the carton, pull out the brochure. The front side shows the designs that match the back of the carton, and when I open it up, it shows each design individually, then its shadow, then both together. So this seems to me that the creative feature should have been listed simply as "shadow", not "font shadow".

Ok, now I turn over the brochure. The other side is a whole different animal. It shows nothing but an alphabet and numbers, then each letter with its shadow and together. NOW, this is the real problem. The last page on this side shows a PICTURE of the keyboard overlay, WHICH SHOULD MATCH the actual physical KEYBOARD OVERLAY. but it doesn't?????????

This picture shows each letter, then a few designs in the bottom row, and the following phrases: Best Wishes, I'm Sorry, Thank You, Get Well, and Love You.

What gives? Does this belong with a different cartridge? Did I get a defective cartridge? (I can't check the cartridge itself yet, as my Cricut hasn't arrived.) Did anyone else have this problem? How was it resolved?
JuliannaLaRose Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 11:04:31 AM(UTC)
JuliannaLaRose

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was confused too, as it's my first cartridge. The "Lite," I imagine, is a cheaper way to package, so the overlay shows only the main images. We have to refer to the trifold when we want to use the next set of images and alphabet, which can be accessed using the "shift" key, but, again, you have to refer to the trifold when using them and that alone is a little hard because you have to make sure you're hitting the right key for those images.

Also, I was super confused with the special images and had no idea what to do with them. It took a long time making my way around Cricut's website for some sort of explanation, but if you go to products, then cartridges, then the Lite cartriges, you'll find Botanicals. Click "community" and it will take you to a page where someone submitted their cards. They're beautiful! I know what the four special images are used for now! I had no idea!

You're not alone, feeling confused. I bought the basic 6x12 Personal Cutter for right now and am really new at this. I wish they provided more project ideas and instructions with the cartriges, don't you?

Hope you find the way to the community page I mentioned....and that this was a little helpful Blushing