Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BethPowers Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 1:04:59 PM(UTC)
BethPowers

Groups: Registered

I'm working on a baby shower invite and I'm using New Arrival Cricut cartridge. Want to use the baby carriage, but it's a little "frilly" for a baby boy, so I want to remove the scallop around the opening and the heart. How do I do that?

Thanks.
Blushing
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 6:27:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
If you want to square off the end, if I'm understanding what you're trying to do, do this:

You already have your original layout on the mat. Left click inside to get the big box around it; now, right click and "send the image backward"!
---Find a cut that you can place on the mat that has a shape that you can place over the end you don't like. E.g., if the end shape could be rectangular, look for a rectangular image that is solid.
---Once you place it on the mat, click inside this image to get a box around it, put your cursor on the upper left circle with the four arrows, and left click and hold it down; drag the image over to the end you want to cover over.
---Place the upper left and top of your image you're moving approximately where you want it to stay on your original piece you're covering.
---Left click on the right lower corner and holding the click down, drag the image to the size you want it for width, or drag the down arrow on the center bottom to elongate your image. Don't worry if it moves away from your original image a little, you can go back and move it. Size it to where you think it will fit over the original image.
---Now, go back up to the left circle with four arrows, and move the object back where you need it to be. You might have to go back down to drag it out or you can use the bottom center arrow to elongate your image.
---Once you have it covering your unwanted area, right click on the right bottom image and "send it forward".
---With the box still around your image, hold the CONTROL key down on your keyboard and click inside your original image to get a box around it, too. Using the CONTROL key will let you put boxes around any and all images you are working with on your projects. NOW, go up to the top and say GROUP.

Once you GROUP your images together, nothing will CUT on the inside of your forward image that is inside the other image.

I know it seems complicated, but it's not once you get the hang of it.

Char

CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 6:28:12 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BethPowers Go to Quoted Post
I'm working on a baby shower invite and I'm using New Arrival Cricut cartridge. Want to use the baby carriage, but it's a little "frilly" for a baby boy, so I want to remove the scallop around the opening and the heart. How do I do that?

Thanks.
Blushing

There is another way to get the frill off--just cut it off with scissors after you take it off the mat after your CUT!

Char

Edited by user Monday, May 02, 2011 6:29:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2011 7:43:58 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7905 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BethPowers Go to Quoted Post

Thanks.
Blushing

You can use the Hide Contour feature to stop the heart cutting. Once you have the carriage on your mat, select it then press the Hide Contour button that appears on the bottom left of the object.

Move your mouse over the heart and you will see it turn red. Now click the heart and it will be hidden.
Hide any other parts of the object in the same way. (I also hid the couple of frill lines inside the carriage.)

To "un-hide" lines that you have hidden repeat the same process and the line will appear again.

When you have finished press the Exit button on the top left of your CCR mat.

Here's a pic of the carriage with a small rectangle welded over the frill.

The only thing I noticed was that once the two objects were welded (and that happens automatically when they touch each other - unless you select Don't Weld) was that one of the spokes inside the wheel disappeared. This may be a bug that PC are working on.

You'll also notice that the feature lines on the object probably won't cut. That happens when you weld objects.

BELLA✿BUG Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:01:09 AM(UTC)
BELLA✿BUG

Was thanked: 1373 time(s) in 856 post(s)
I agree with Narelle... I would use the hide contour feature.
BethPowers Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 10:38:04 AM(UTC)
BethPowers

Thanks so much ladies!Cool