Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

*CropQueen* Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:10:22 PM(UTC)
*CropQueen*

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 57 post(s)
What special features does the E2 have that makes it so special? I thought that you could weld, but I just learned that you can't, but I know that there is something that it does like the DS/or gypsy right??? I guess I'm just so excited to see mine I'm a little anxious to get it in my hands!
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 4:17:55 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2380 time(s) in 2133 post(s)
The two updates are "pause" and "kerning". The light by the cutting blade is one. Autofill is another. There are more that I can't think of right now. I've got mine, and I just LOVE it!!
kissakoala*[º0º]* Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 9:34:50 PM(UTC)
kissakoala*[º0º]*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1745 time(s) in 974 post(s)
One of the best things about the E2 is that they can keep adding features through updates. Since its all Digital and not mechanical (buttons and dials like the Original bug and Expression) it can be upgraded with new features!

I am enjoying my E2 and can't wait to see the potential with it!

♥Carol♥ Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:35:07 PM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
you can see all the features of the E2 listed here ... http://www.cricut.com/expression2/

One of my favorite features is the ability to program your settings ... I often use different materials in my Expressions (paper, cardstock, vinyl, chipboard, fabric, freezer paper, etc.), each of these materials cut best with their own specific settings. No more looking around trying to find the proper settings every time I want to use them is great ... now I can program them in once, and anytime I need them again, the settings will be there!

I do not have an Imagine machine, but love some of the artwork on the Imagine carts. Now I will be able to use the Imagine carts too ... The E2 will not print those pretty patterns, but it will cut each of the images, including each layer.

I also really love the color screen, and being able to see the placement, size, etc. of my cuts on the mat before cutting.

The mat light wasn't a "must have" feature point for me ... but I have to admit that I really like it. My crafting area has poor lighting, especially where I have my E and E2 located. As it turns out, that little light is more useful than I thought it would be!

There are more features ... these are just some of my personal favs. Check out the above link to see more.

BTW ... I totally agree with kissakoala*[º0º]* ... I love the idea that additional features can easily be added electronically (computer upgrades) ... HOW GREAT IS THAT!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, May 04, 2011 10:35:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked ♥Carol♥ for this useful post.
Tracy (CountryCharm) on 5/5/2011(UTC), Eileen Lambert on 5/8/2011(UTC)