Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 9:50:43 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Are the BETA TESTERS seeing this new update?

Every time I tried to UPDATE, my computer froze up on me. I have had literally NO problems with CPU usage after I installed 2Gig RAM MEMORY in January until trying to do this UPDATE. I don't know if it's a glitch in the UPDATE or if it's something I need to do in my computer. I have cleaned out all the temporary files, so I know it isn't that.

UPDATE on my UPDATE! LOL!! I have now, after four re-boots, successfully downloaded the new update. It took away my ability to CUT, though. Perhaps they aren't finished with what they are attempting to do with the UPDATE. The only thing I know to try to do is go back to CRAFTROOM on cricut.com and download it again. It totally wiped my "C" Logo off the desktop. I'll come back to let you know if that takes care of my problem.

Char

Edited by user Friday, May 27, 2011 10:22:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 10:45:20 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I cannot get my CUT button back.

I'm going to wait and try tomorrow; I have a feeling PC is trying to do our updates (and, maybe they are trying to get this up and running for everyone) on CCR and I'm trying to do my UPDATES before they have finished what they need to do.

Let's hope it's all ready for us tomorrow!!

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 4:48:17 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Above posts were written Friday night/early Saturday AM.

SATURDAY 6:43AM - I had to leave home early today, so I came down to see if there were any changes in CRAFTROOM to get my "C" ICON back on my desktop.

It seems there was something missing last night that wouldn't allow me to download the new CRAFTROOM, but this morning, after I did a SEARCH, the download for CRAFTROOM came on the screen and let me RESUME what I tried to download last night.

I now have the CCR "C" ICON back on my desktop with the new BUILD and the CUT button.

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Since I won't get to check the boards for a few days (lots going on this Memorial Day weekend), it will be fun to come back and see what you're all saying about it.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS IT NOW!!

Char
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 6:50:00 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7903 time(s) in 3705 post(s)
Mine downloaded fine. It took a while and I started to think it has frozen but it eventually downloaded and installed.

I see that most of the missing carts have been added. Smile
kissakoala*[º0º]* Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:27:46 PM(UTC)
kissakoala*[º0º]*

Was thanked: 1748 time(s) in 977 post(s)
Did you also see they added E2 to the list of Cricuts????

Mine updated in a flash. I have had problems getting into CCR for a few weeks, but now I can with no problem....but the drag time when there are several shapes on a mat is horrible.

But nice to see the improvements slowly but surely!
ColleenStephansen Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 1:26:03 PM(UTC)
ColleenStephansen

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Anyone experiencing problems with not being able to log in from your desktop screen? I run a Windows 7 64 bit machine and cannot for the life of me log in from the desktop. It acts like it will - the circle spins like the computer is working but then it stops and nothing. If I go to the Cricut website I can log in no problem but i cannot cut from there which is what I really really want to be able to do. Any advice? BTW, I have unistalled and reinstalled more times than I can count and restarted my computer...even have done the update to build 45. Please help!!!Angry
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 3:20:43 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ColleenStephansen Go to Quoted Post
Anyone experiencing problems with not being able to log in from your desktop screen? I run a Windows 7 64 bit machine and cannot for the life of me log in from the desktop. It acts like it will - the circle spins like the computer is working but then it stops and nothing. If I go to the Cricut website I can log in no problem but i cannot cut from there which is what I really really want to be able to do. Any advice? BTW, I have unistalled and reinstalled more times than I can count and restarted my computer...even have done the update to build 45. Please help!!!Angry

Hi ColleenBigGrin
I have the same system and sometimes it takes several attempts to get in but I do eventually get to use the desktop version.
This is how I normally have to do it,
After the first attempt and it doesn't work I close it down, go to the online CCR, log in, open a file, log out, then go back to the desktop CCR and it let's me in more often than not, sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times but it does let me inBigGrin
Hugs
Adele
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:32:39 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

I have problems logging in if I click on the Log In button too soon.

After the login screen appears I wait for about 5 seconds (I think maybe there's still stuff loading in the background) then I click the Log In button. If I do that it always opens. If I don't wait, the clock spins but nothing happens.

Edited by user Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:33:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DebbieHardie Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:53:34 PM(UTC)
DebbieHardie

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi I was doing a update on the personal cricut and now my cricut won't work the lights come on but nothing else works can anyone help me? Thanks
JodiBarber Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:24:00 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I did the update also....then said I needed to update my firmware on Imagine...did so so now with imagine there is the print and cut icon...although...when I click it it says my expression is not connected not using expression..using imagine...then it hit me that I made that design using expression so it won't let me me try the imagine....so made a new design with imagine as default machine get to the screen for hit GO and then it says I need to update my firmware...click on sync...says I'm up to date on my updates so ...either way I can't use it and I'm starting to get totally annoyed.... if this program wasn't "coming soon" when I bought the imagine I would have NOT bought the imagine....I loved using design studio .....and I feel as though we had something great and told something better was coming and I've been left hanging for months because I gave my expression to my daughter thinking this was going to be such a grand adventure with cricut and I'm not having any FUN!!!!!!!
Narelle Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:05:47 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: DebbieHardie Go to Quoted Post
Hi I was doing a update on the personal cricut and now my cricut won't work the lights come on but nothing else works can anyone help me? Thanks

Can you try doing the firmware update again making sure you select the Personal cricut.

You can also try resetting the cricut. (Instructions below)

If neither of those work I'd give PC a call.

Resetting instructions:

1-Turn on your machine with no cartridge loaded.
2-Rolls all the grey dials down to lowest setting.
3-Open up the front where the blade housing sits, use the black arms, with the
screw to pull that entire unit along its track over to the other side
Of the machine.
4-Over where that unit usually sits, if you reach back there with your fingers, you’ll
feel a red button sticking out.
Push and hold down that button for 5 seconds, counting to 5 slowly. Then let go.
5-Use the black arms to move that unit back into its place where it usually sits.
6-Next you are going to roll all the grey dials all the way up and all the way down 3 times,
so three times total for EACH dial-doing 3 cycles of each up & down (may do 1 at a time)
7-Now press the CUT button
8-Turn the machine off
9-Let your machine sit for a FULL 45 min to an hour
10-After that full time passes, load a cartridge on, turn on your machine and try a
practice cut of something simple.

. …if the same issue keeps happening call any one of our agents
and we can explain what options you have.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:06:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scrappycrafty Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:51:18 AM(UTC)
Scrappycrafty

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Ok can anyone get into CCR? I keep getting a sevice unavaliable when I try to log in thru the webpage and unexpected error the cricut bridge application has unexpectedly quit. Cricut craftroom must close down now. You may try and re-launch Cricut Craftroom. If this problem persists, please contact customer support. I get that when I try to open the software from my desktop icon.
Michelle
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:26:49 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Nope, haven't been able to get in since late Saturday evening
Hugs
Adele
HollyHudspeth Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:37:39 AM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 316 post(s)
I get the message that there is an update when I go to do so, it tells me that there is a server error. I cannot download the update and want to use it with my E2. Suggestions?