Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LISAREDMAN Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 4:00:24 PM(UTC)
LISAREDMAN

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sorry to be a pain, but when will the craft room be available to everyone I just can't wait. 2 months has passed from when it was supposed to be launched. Anyone know more infor please let me know. thanx lisa
Weezie13 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 4:09:18 PM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
You're the 4th one this week to post a thread asking about this....
Can't help you, I'm wondering my self..

Although I keep reading they're tryin' to get the kinks' work'd out of it..Glare Crying
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:11:58 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
I keep wondering where everyone saw release dates. All PC has ever told the Bug Guides is that they hoped to have it ready soon. Were people speculating it would be released with the E2? Or did they read release info somewhere? Just curious.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:24:18 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 872 time(s) in 480 post(s)
Actually, according to PC it was launched in January, I copied this from the News portion of the website:

Quote:
1/29/2011 - Cricut Craft Room: An Online Design Tool

Provo Craft Announces Cricut Craft Room: An Online Design Tool Software as a Service (SaaS) Makes it way to the World of Crafts with this All-new Free Design Application.

Las Angeles– Jan 29, 2011 - Provo Craft today unveiled the all-new software as a service design tool called Cricut Craft RoomTM at the Craft & Hobby Association Winter Convention and Tradeshow in Los Angeles. This new design tool launched in celebration of the 5th anniversary of the Cricut® Personal Electronic Cutting machine; a machine that changed the world of paper crafting and has millions of fans throughout the world.

Cricut Craft Room works with all Cricut machines including the original Cricut® Personal Electronic Cutter, Cricut CreateTM, Cricut Expression®, Cricut CakeTM, Cricut CakeTM Mini, Cricut ImagineTM, GypsyTM by Cricut® and Cricut DesignStudioTM. While Craft Room does have similar functionality to Gypsy and Cricut DesignStudio it does not replace either. Gypsy continues to be the only mobile design device and Cricut DesignStudio does not require an internet connection.

Cricut Craft Room allows crafters and designers to design with a PC or MAC on a virtual Cricut mat--all from the larger format of their computer monitor. The interface is intuitive and simple with features like drag and drop, one-touch welding, image grouping and sizing, and a fast and accurate search feature that makes it simple to find specific images in a vast library.

"Cricut Craft Room is the solution to many of our customer's requests," says Jim Colby, Senior Vice President of Product Development. "With this new software, anyone can design with our complete library and add their personalization by welding and manipulating our artwork on the virtual mat. Customers must own a cartridge in order to cut images from it but they can design and get inspiration from everything."

While Cricut Craft Room does offer the complete Cricut library to customers for designing purposes, they must own the cartridges if they choose to cut with them. Craft Room does require an internet connection which allows customers to access their account and design from anywhere; they can only cut from a maximum of two computers but these computers can be changed at any time.

"Cricut Craft Room gives our customers a new and exciting way to have fun with Cricut. With all of these design capabilities, they can be more creative than ever," says Matt Wilburn, Provo Craft CMO. "We're especially excited to offer Craft Room to them for free."

Then somewhere on this website or the Office Cricut Facebook Page, I read it was going to happen in April of this year.

But the fact that PC said "launched" and not "will launch" indicates that it should be up and running.
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Grandma Choo Choo on 6/14/2011(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:59:37 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1180 time(s) in 551 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I keep wondering where everyone saw release dates. All PC has ever told the Bug Guides is that they hoped to have it ready soon. Were people speculating it would be released with the E2? Or did they read release info somewhere? Just curious.

PC also has it in craft magazines that it is available NOW....I understand there are glitches but PC should hold off on press releases until they really are ready.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:17:48 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 872 time(s) in 480 post(s)
I agree GrammyCris! I also believe they should keep those of us who do not have access to CCR some information.

As I said in a previous post, give us a date. It could be as far out as 90 days from today and we won't bother you as much. I wonder how many phone calls CS gets with the very question. And if they get it done prior to that date, then they will be our hero, but let us know something. I started perusing the MB in April and started actually posting in late May. I just think that it is important to give some information, even if it means we have to have more patience.

They could even change the website to read "This Fall" and I believe a large majority of us will be okay with that. But this no info is driving everyone crazy!Wink
Weezie13 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:38:58 PM(UTC)
Weezie13

Was thanked: 320 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post

My E2 box said this "option" thing would be available too.....Confused
I don't think it should have been in/on the box!!!
It was a selling point, that's just not available...
Grandma Choo Choo Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:19:08 PM(UTC)
Grandma Choo Choo

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I agree... PLEASE give us some answers! I have been checking to see if I can use it everyday, and it states that I can't. I want so much to play with this. I quess I will have to continue using my Cricut Design StudioRollEyes
Christel Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:52:20 AM(UTC)
Christel

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I read the same dates and thought it was OK to buy the E2. I'm not using my E2 at all since all my files are in DS.

Now I'm worried that should I have a problem with my brand new E2, used it for 10 test cuts only, when CCR goes live that I will be sent a refurbished one in return because soooo much time will have passed, that would break my heart!

Please give us a date!

Cheers,
Christel
Debra Murnane Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:42:36 AM(UTC)
Debra Murnane

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
OK so no CCR yet? What in the world is going on?