Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Stacey Doniger Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 7:45:58 PM(UTC)
Stacey Doniger

Groups: Registered

I just set up my new E2 and it's not cutting properly. I read the manual and watched several tutorials, but still having trouble.

After the paper is loaded (set on heavy paper, depth 6), the carriage that holds the housing/blade chatters and shakes in place. When the carriage starts to move to the cut position, it is not moving smoothly and makes an abnormal noise. When it begins to cut, it is not cutting the correct shape and tears the paper. (The path that is cut is erratic.) When I unload the paper, the carriage doesn't stop at the home position and shakes against the right side of the machine.

Below is a link to a video and picture of the process. You can see in the picture that it cut (not very smoothly) an oval instead of the circle. It appears that the carriage is not moving properly.

http://www.twopossibilit.../VID_20110709_222107.m4v

http://www.twopossibilit.../IMG_20110709_222221.jpg

Thank you!

Stacey
14cross Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 11:44:06 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stacey Doniger Go to Quoted Post
I just set up my new E2 and it's not cutting properly. I read the manual and watched several tutorials, but still having trouble.

After the paper is loaded (set on heavy paper, depth 6), the carriage that holds the housing/blade chatters and shakes in place. When the carriage starts to move to the cut position, it is not moving smoothly and makes an abnormal noise. When it begins to cut, it is not cutting the correct shape and tears the paper. (The path that is cut is erratic.) When I unload the paper, the carriage doesn't stop at the home position and shakes against the right side of the machine.

Below is a link to a video and picture of the process. You can see in the picture that it cut (not very smoothly) an oval instead of the circle. It appears that the carriage is not moving properly.

http://www.twopossibilit.../VID_20110709_222107.m4v

http://www.twopossibilit.../IMG_20110709_222221.jpg

Thank you!

Stacey

It sounds like the belt is slipping. Probably the gear that drives the belt is bad or the teeth on the belt are defective. Either way, this machine needs to be replaced.

Chris
Provo Craft
 1 user thanked 14cross for this useful post.
Stacey Doniger on 7/11/2011(UTC)
Stacey Doniger Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 11:46:40 AM(UTC)
Stacey Doniger

Just my luck! How do I go about doing this?
Judy Ashmore Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 12:42:11 PM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I had the same thing, mine was terrible. I have to call and tell them that I was sending it back. I got new machine a few weeks ago, but frankly, the new replacement is not very much better. It makes terrible noise, does not cut sometimes, does sometimes, very frustrating.

I will not buy another machine from provo craft.

good luck, hope you get a new one and that it is great.
Mercy Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:01:30 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stacey Doniger Go to Quoted Post
Just my luck! How do I go about doing this?

877-7CRICUT
Stacey Doniger Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:14:00 PM(UTC)
Stacey Doniger

I spoke to ProvoCraft Customer Service and I have to say, I was very disappointed. I have to wait 3 days for the FedEx label and when they receive my machine, they will send me out a new one. So I'm looking at a 2 week turn around, which I think is pretty poor, considering I paid $350 plus shipping for a product. They should send me out a new one today, and if I never sent it back, charge my credit card for the replacement. (Of course I'm going to send it back, though!) Also, since the machine didn't work, it cracked my mat, and they didn't want to replace that. It's a mat, not that expensive, but it's principle.

I have other Cricut machines and have never had a problem, but I'm concerned that there are so many issues with the E2.

Has anyone else had issues or success with returning their E2 and getting a new one promptly?
Judy Ashmore Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:14:48 PM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I am in the same boat with you gal! But, this will be the second machine I have returned!!!! I am so frustrated. They should not make us wait, they should send one out immediately, if we have a machine that is damaged and defective.
just my thoughts, good luck with yours.
Cboling0017c8c881c Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:25:49 PM(UTC)
Cboling0017c8c881c

I have had my Cricut Expression for a little over a year. Back in the summer it made a horrible grinding noise a couple times and I left it alone for over a week. When i went to use it again, try to, it worked fine.

All of a sudden last week, it will not cut, acts like it is but doing nothing and the carriage will not return to its resting position on the right side.

I sent an email to support and was told to sync it. That didn't work.

Any suggestions? I need my machine to do Christmas ornaments. Crying Mad