Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrappy Tinman Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:17:50 PM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
OH BOY have I made a mess... I had CCR installed on my computer in April. I could not get the new updates to install so I uninstalled and am trying to download and reinstall....

I am using windows 7. I have tried to run as administrator, I have turned off the fire wall....The program start and then just stops... the task managers shows nothing running.

Can anybody help me???
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:26:19 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7818 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappy Tinman Go to Quoted Post
OH BOY have I made a mess... I had CCR installed on my computer in April. I could not get the new updates to install so I uninstalled and am trying to download and reinstall....

I am using windows 7. I have tried to run as administrator, I have turned off the fire wall....The program start and then just stops... the task managers shows nothing running.

Can anybody help me???

Are you downloading it from here?: http://craftroom.cricut.com/betaprogram/
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:01:15 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)

Can anybody help me???

If you already have the icon on your desktop, you may not have needed the download. The updates actually happen when you enter CCR on your desktop (the application--which shows the CUT button). If there is no icon on your desktop, you can go to START and do a SEARCH in ALL FILES AND FOLDERS. When you get to FILES AND FOLDERS, where it says ALL OR PART OF THE FILE NAME, type in Cricut-CraftRoom and click on SEARCH.

This will bring up an ICON that (if it is, in fact, installed on your computer) you can left click your mouse on (the one I see that should work is one that says CRICUT-CRAFTROOM.exe) and SEND TO: Desktop. This should place the icon on your desktop and you should be able to enter CCR. HOWEVER, if you are not a BETA TESTER (which, I think you are if you downloaded it in April when we got the emails), it may not work for you.

Let us know whether or not this is helpful to you. If it is, it might help someone else.

If you do get it on your desktop, or if it is already there, the UPDATES happen when there is an update and when you enter the CCR Application (with the CUT button on the mat).

Sorry for so much detail; but, I'm only trying to help.

Char
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:42:20 AM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Well... Here is what I did.... my husband reminded me that I was having a similar problem when I was updating my gypsy... He suggested that I look at the comments for the gypsy... Viola... I added www.cricut.com to my whitelist for my malware.

I don't really know why this worked but it did so I am happy. I know that they gypsy sites explained this much much better than I am but in a nut shell my virus scanner was holding up the update.

Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 2:19:15 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Well... Here is what I did.... my husband reminded me that I was having a similar problem when I was updating my gypsy... He suggested that I look at the comments for the gypsy... Viola... I added www.cricut.com to my whitelist for my malware.

I don't really know why this worked but it did so I am happy. I know that they gypsy sites explained this much much better than I am but in a nut shell my virus scanner was holding up the update.

Thanks for the update!

I haven't had the same trouble with my firewall/virus software with CCR that I have with my Gypsy.

It's good to know that it can effect CCR as well.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:49:24 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the update!

I haven't had the same trouble with my firewall/virus software with CCR that I have with my Gypsy.

It's good to know that it can effect CCR as well.

I have NORTON ANTIVIRUS, which allowed CCR to download onto my computer without any problems. I don't have any other firewalls or antivirus running on my computer. SO, maybe that's why I haven't had too many issues with CCR since its inception.

Maybe if a lot of others are having problems, this is a key to helping them, too.

Would it be helpful if everyone, as they have to turn off their FIREWALLS/ANTI-VIRUS programs, share with all of us what programs they had to turn off? We could start a topic that is entitled FIREWALLS, so as people find out this helps them get CCR on their desktops and they work their way through that thread (noone needs to post if they already see someone has said to turn off a particular firewall.

Narelle or Scrapalette - Do either of you think this would be helpful? Would you want to try this?

Char
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:16:24 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

It might be helpful. Can't hurt either way. Smile

I'm using Trend Micro Internet Security with no problems. (I do have to turn it off though when I'm doing a Gypsy update but so far it hasn't interfered with CCR.)