Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JodiBarber Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:06:36 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 78 post(s)
waited to get us all excited about CCR until it was ready to go.....

I have been in the the craftroom for months and haven't been able to one damned thing with my machines.....I'm getting seriously annoyed with PC and the if my machine doesn't work today they can just give me every F'ing penny I've spent on this crap back!!!!!!!!1
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:44:27 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JodiBarber Go to Quoted Post
waited to get us all excited about CCR until it was ready to go.....

I have been in the the craftroom for months and haven't been able to one damned thing with my machines.....I'm getting seriously annoyed with PC and the if my machine doesn't work today they can just give me every F'ing penny I've spent on this crap back!!!!!!!!1

Jodi - What machines are you using? What computer are you using? Were you invited via email to download the CUT APPLICATION that you must have to be able to CUT. Are you able to at least experiment and create cards or layouts on the mat without cutting?

After you answer these questions, if you care to, maybe some of us can help you. Sorry, but I can't remember from previous posts if you are a BETA TESTER. Sorry if you aren't; but, if you are, then maybe some of us can help in some way.

Char
JodiBarber Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:29:12 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

I am using windows 7 64 bit...yes I was in one of the first groups to be invited in been in there for months.......I have expression and Imagine....havent even tried with my expression only because if the CCR never gets up and running I am not going to eliminate my possibilites with another software program....

I was able to up until a week or so ago to cut and print somewhat with imagine now...with the update over the last weekend it says my imagine firmware needs updating ...did it sync says its up to date CCR says otherwise...

I'm seriously fed up..........I have spent close to a million dollars with provocraft since 2008 AND I'M NOT EXAGGERATING AT ALL!!!!!!
and guess what I'm not loving it anymore like they said I would!!!!!!!

I will not spend another penny with them until CCR works right for everyone......I'm tired of empty promises and them jumping the shark on things.....

they need to stop using us ....get their products right before they release them just to inconvience and piss everyone off when it screws up their gypsys or their expressions and imagines....

I know its hard to believe provocraft but money doesn't grow on trees you are wasting our time and money on un tested crap unless you've come up with a way for us to print and cut cash....

Jodi Barber a really pissed off bug.................

GrammyCris Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:28:05 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1155 time(s) in 540 post(s)
I am using windows 7 64 bit...yes I was in one of the first groups to be invited in been in there for months.......I have expression and Imagine....havent even tried with my expression only because if the CCR never gets up and running I am not going to eliminate my possibilites with another software program....

I was able to up until a week or so ago to cut and print somewhat with imagine now...with the update over the last weekend it says my imagine firmware needs updating ...did it sync says its up to date CCR says otherwise...

I'm seriously fed up..........I have spent close to a million dollars with provocraft since 2008 AND I'M NOT EXAGGERATING AT ALL!!!!!!

I will not spend another penny with them until CCR works right for everyone......I'm tired of empty promises and them jumping the shark on things.....

they need to stop using us ....get their products right before they release them just to inconvience and piss everyone off when it screws up their gypsys or their expressions and imagines....

I know its hard to believe provocraft but money doesn't grow on trees you are wasting our time and money on un tested crap unless you've come up with a way for us to print and cut cash....

I don't mean this rudely and I appreciate how frustrated you feel...been there too! But in all fairness to PC, we all knew we were agreeing to TEST a new product...they did not present it to us as a perfected software. We agreed to go through the beta testing and help PC to get it right. We have all had problems and run into glitches with CCR, and it is our working with the techs that will help to improve this. Do I think it is moving slow? Yes.... And as far as getting it right before releasing it, it isn't right yet, and it has not been released yet.
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:26:51 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Jodi - If it is upsetting you this much, then you should leave it alone until it is perfected. Not everyone feels like this--yes, many of us have gotten frustrated. But, when it comes right down to it, GrammyCris is right. We all knew what we were getting into and we have to come back down to reality after we get "on top of the world" and try what we can to help PC through this. WE DON'T HAVE TO DO IT; many of us WANT TO HELP IN THE ONLY WAY WE CAN. I don't like the waiting, either, and I have said so several times. But, after I think about it, I am very happy for what I think is coming and I can wait for it. NOTHING LOST, but WE MIGHT GAIN A LOT!! I don't believe PC is ruining anyone's machines. Mine worked fine when I disconnected it from the computer to do a few cards.

Char
HeyLady54 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:53:17 AM(UTC)
HeyLady54

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Well said Char and Grammie, it is a FREE program. We have not invested any money in the development or paper! I can't cut right now and I'm not blaming PC, I'll figure it out and when I do, I'll be a very happy camper. I hope you didn't spend a ton of time on your project. I always start small and then take it to the next step.

I try it and walk away. Relax it will be a fantastic product once the bugs are worked out.

JodiBarber Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:33:17 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

yes it is free but my other software wasn't...and being this "free" program has cancelled out money hard earned I have every right to be annoyed
*NanaDonna* Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:42:36 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Why do you think it is still in the TESTING phase? Because it is NOT working up to its full potential. I know what you mean about being frustrated I have been there, one day I can cut and everything works and the next day I can't but I realize they are working on it to improve it and fix ALL the bugs before it is released. REMEMBER you were asked to be a TESTER to help get it right, not someone to rant and carry on, you are suppose to give constructive feedback to help them get it right. You were asked to test for your input not to complain! If I were PC I would pull your Bets testing abilities.

Like Char said if it gets to you that much then don't use it till it is in full release. And remember this is FREE, we all have spent a ton of money ( oh come on a million in 3 years, really you must be very wealthy) with this company and get upset with them but in the end we all love love our Cricut's, Imagine and Gypsy's it is not a perfect world!

Edited by user Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:45:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JodiBarber Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:17:11 AM(UTC)
JodiBarber

hence the title of this post

I wish they would have gotten it together before they offered it ...

and theres several posts out there pertaining to how all the updates have caused some to have to get their machines replaced....

GrammyCris Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:03:32 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1155 time(s) in 540 post(s)

and theres several posts out there pertaining to how all the updates have caused some to have to get their machines replaced....

Sorry but you still don't get it...they haven't offered it yet....they have only asked some to help them test it...
GypsyBoricua Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:30:41 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
I don't understand why you just didn't tell PC that you didn't want to be a tester. There are alot of people still waiting just to try it out and would love to be a tester. I just got in myself this weekend. Yes it is frustrating, but knowing that I am helping create something that is going to be wonderful for everyone makes me feel good.

Give up your space as a tester so someone who wants to be one can be.

CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:33:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

yes it is free but my other software wasn't...and being this "free" program has cancelled out money hard earned I have every right to be annoyed

Of course, Jodi, you do have every right to be annoyed. That's why I said if it's upsetting you too much, it might be best to just leave it alone until it does come out for everyone. I didn't mean any disrespect at all. We've all been very frustrated.

I hope you will keep trying. Maybe some of us have more time to be frustrated; I'm retired and even though we are busy all day long every day of our retired lives, we still have more "down time" to play and BETA TEST and get frustrated but come to our senses easier than some of you who may be full-time career moms and everything that goes with that. I don't know your situation. I think I remember you saying you have spent a LOT of money on PC products. You did that because you undoubtedly have loved playing with everything up to now.

I haven't given a lot of FEEDBACK to CCR, but I have tried to give some that will be helpful. EVERYTHING we do in CCR that WORKS or DOESN'T WORK needs to be reported. I don't know how many people have WINDOWS7; I know it is supposed to be a lot better than VISTA. BUT, who knows if that many people have it. The more WINDOWS7 people who report to PC their problems, the sooner PC will be able to get fixes for everyone.

Have a wonderful weekend, Jodi! And, everyone!! Try not to stress any more than you have to; and, please, don't stress too much over this.

Keep creating in the things you enjoy most of PC's products (or any other products you have) and when CCR comes out, I think you will love it. Just wait for it. WE DON'T HAVE TO BETA TEST unless we really enjoy it.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:41:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Jodi - Many times there are two sides to many of these problems. My machine has never been ruined after the BUILDS, SYNCS and DRIVERS INSTALLATIONS. I couldn't CUT using CCR on my Expression. But, it didn't ruin my machine. I was still able to use my machine after I unhooked it from my computer. I didn't know there were machines being replaced as a direct result of updating them.

I think you have bought some of the more modern machines that came along after the Expression. I don't think PC should have touted that your new machines would work with CCR until after the fact, either. They told you the new machines would work with CCR, very cleverly leaving out the information that CCR wasn't in place, as yet. I think they did, in fact, say CCR would be up and running by a certain date. They NEVER should have stated that in selling those machines. That would make me mad and furious, too. BUT, they surely are very nice machines that can be used without hooking up to the internet. I hope you can enjoy them for their stand alone capabilities and come and show us your creations. I, for one, would like to see what you are all doing with those machines right now.

Then, when CCR does come along for everyone, it is going to be FUN TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS!! Can't wait until then.

Char
*NanaDonna* Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:33:04 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Char thanks you for putting things so nicely. You made valid points and certainly
have a way of saying well. I know CCR will be awesome when it comes out, but it would not be if it was not Beta tested. I also get frustrated in fact today I never even opened it, there are many other way I can create. I am also retired and home all day so I do have a lot
of time to play.

Edited by user Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:33:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/14/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:50:20 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Char thanks you for putting things so nicely. You made valid points and certainly
have a way of saying well. I know CCR will be awesome when it comes out, but it would not be if it was not Beta tested. I also get frustrated in fact today I never even opened it, there are many other way I can create. I am also retired and home all day so I do have a lot
of time to play.

NanaDonna - That was sweet of you to say; I feel 100% of us do try to say things in a non-obtrusive way, but we are all caught up in our emotions and the heat of the moment, things don't always come out they way we mean for them to come out. Then, too, things do come out the way we mean for them to, and others don't recognize what we really mean.

Char