Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Its-ONLY-Money! Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:12:38 AM(UTC)
Its-ONLY-Money!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I am at a loss for what to do, I am in my second year of elementary education and have run across a class that we are allowed to be creative yet I have nothing for it!!!!

Heres the details:

We are to make a five day lesson plan, on ANY subject. So I have chosen first grade, Transportation. (we could use one we have already written, just need to add the creative arts elements in.)

We are required to present three days worth of the lessons, one each with the following areas of focus to add in: Music, Drama and Visual Arts.

I broke my lesson down into a different mode of transportation for each day :

Monday: Cars
Tuesday: Semis
Wednesday: Boats
Thursday: Planes
Friday: Own Power (walking/running etc)

I really need to find something for each of the five days, but Music and Drama really have me stumped. (for the presentation part anyhow.. I planned on doing making a sailboat out of clay for Visual Arts and have dramatic centers for drama on one day) but those both are super tough to present. And our University requires we teach our classmates as students in our class, so we have to physically do it...

We also are supposed to try to implement higher level thinking skills (Blooms Taxonomy) and the use of technology. We have a Mimio, Ipad, and interactive white board.. but again, Im so stumped on these!!!

Please!! Any suggestions, ideas etc?

TIA!!!

Misty
JessicaHansen3 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:56:47 AM(UTC)
JessicaHansen3

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Look on Smartboard exchange under each topic for lesson ideas. Then there is crayola. com for visual projects. I know that there are kid train songs. I remember looking at teacher edition of Social Studies books for ideas. I hope this helps. If you what ideas I am willing to help. I teach 2nd grade. Go to the teacher store to get ideas so you are not reinventing the wheel. Good luck. JessicaBigGrin
TRice Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 9:16:43 AM(UTC)
TRice

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Just some thoughts:

* You could have the students create their own versions of "The Wheels on the Bus" for a different kind of transportation (boat, train, plane).
* They could also make their own vehicle out of a big box (I did this in Kindergarten one year for a drive-in movie day- they supplied the box). You could set the requirements so that they have to include specific things from math or LA (ie: shapes, words, colors, etc.)
* They could each make some kind of puppet (possibly on Popsicle sticks or from egg cartons?) and then you could put them in groups to write a play involving each puppet (I have the movie "Cars" in mind!) I don't know about you, but we have to do a bully lesson every week at my school and you could incorporate something like that and give them a scenerio to start with.

Hope this helps! Would love to hear what you end up doing for it :)
Its-ONLY-Money! Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:51:11 PM(UTC)
Its-ONLY-Money!

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Well, I am still thinking, but getting some things done.

Had to re- evaulate some things, but here is what I have:

Monday : Overview, show video Fun In Motion (dance laugh and learn about trucks, cars trains planes and boats) Considering this to be a MUSIC aspect.

Tuesday: Cars/Trucks: Make a steering wheel out of paper plates, and old magazine pictures. (this will be my ARTS requirement)
Read ALout: Little Trucks, Big Jobs (need another book too)

Wednesday: Trains (looking for something musical on this day still

Thursday: Boats : Make a model boat out of clay. (This will be ARTS requirement)

Friday: Planes: Since I still need drama, figured this is where I will put it.
PattyWilson1 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:42:13 PM(UTC)
PattyWilson1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For music with trains you could play Do the Locomotion and have the kids dance around the room as a train. I did this with younger kids and they loved it.