Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KathyRoscoe Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:24:43 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Issues I have had with Build 53 today:

Can't open the feedback link to report problems Glare

It seems that we have a new feature: Print Preview
However, my virtual mat is empty on the print preview.

Once I get to the point that CCR asks me to follow instructions on my Imagine (I have selected print and cut), I load the mat and the screen shows "printing" but the machine pulls the mat through and the blade housing moves like it is going to cut and then just spits out the mat and it does nothing.

I wonder if the Print Preview being blank causes the problem.

I have noticed that the process for downloading the image and sending it to the Imagine is much faster after you have gone through the process once. But, I wish I didn't have to keep doing that over and over.

I am also having to remove the cartridges and put them back in to get the software to recognize them. This is new with build 53 also. Previously, I could have the cartridges in the Imagine and the software would recognize them after a few seconds and ask me to click "continue" after recognizing them.

This is from yesterday: Patterns are distorted and there are some white spaces within images when using flood fill. The patterns distort along the edges of an image.

Using Hide Contour also distorts image shapes. If I hide something, the unhidden part of the image doesn't keep its original shape. This is happening on the golf cart layers on the all sports cartridge. I am only using the top of the cart, so I hide the steering column and other parts and want to use only the top of the cart. Once I hide everything else, the top of the cart takes on a strange shape.
 1 user thanked KathyRoscoe for this useful post.
Sawkat66 on 7/12/2011(UTC)
ReenyBug Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:45:26 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Was thanked: 369 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I will add that the I doesn't always cut for me. Twice it printed the image and then the PC screen had a pop up box that said cutting and the I screen said connected but there was no cut action. I waited and waited until the PC finally got a pop up box that said my I wasn't turned on. It was turned on. I reported this in feedback.

I think it takes too long for the information to be transmitted from PC to the I. I also realize this could be on my end with my PC and internet connection. Not computer savvy enough to know my specs but will ask my son so that I can report that in feedback. It is slow enough that I leave the room and go get a drink and walk around the house for a bit waiting.

I can't wait until this program is working at its full potential. I think it's easy to use and if I don't need portability I prefer it over my G. Well, except for the inserting of the cartridges.
KathyRoscoe Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:39:47 PM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
I reported weeks earlier that CCR seemed to time out if you were not right there to put your mat in the machine and start the print and/or cut operation immediately. It seemed to get better, but as of today it is timing out pretty fast again. I tried 4 times to print this morning. At first I thought it may be a glitch and that I should select cut and print, but that didn't work either.

The process of sending the images to the Imagine seemed a lot faster today but it still would not cut or print. Did you have a "Preview" page? I am very suspect of that being one of the issues. My images load to the Imagine super fast after I get the preview (blank mat).

I agree with you. This will be the best program ever when the glitches get worked out. I also would like to be able to upload my cartridges to CCR and have them recognized there so that I don't have to keep putting cartridges in my machine. Weren't we told CCR would be able to do that?
CaraFeeney Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:56:50 PM(UTC)
CaraFeeney

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I can't even get the new software to print! I wish they had spent the time to improve the Cricut DesignStudio instead.
Sawkat66 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:43:57 PM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Thanks for posting. I think it is good to share the issues we are having in the craftroom. I haven't been in CCR in a few days, But I hope they get the feedback working -- how else will they know the bugs?
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:08:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8000 time(s) in 4676 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
I reported weeks earlier that CCR seemed to time out if you were not right there to put your mat in the machine and start the print and/or cut operation immediately. It seemed to get better, but as of today it is timing out pretty fast again. I tried 4 times to print this morning. At first I thought it may be a glitch and that I should select cut and print, but that didn't work either.

The process of sending the images to the Imagine seemed a lot faster today but it still would not cut or print. Did you have a "Preview" page? I am very suspect of that being one of the issues. My images load to the Imagine super fast after I get the preview (blank mat).

I agree with you. This will be the best program ever when the glitches get worked out. I also would like to be able to upload my cartridges to CCR and have them recognized there so that I don't have to keep putting cartridges in my machine. Weren't we told CCR would be able to do that?

Kathy - I haven't found this to be true using my EXPRESSION and WINDOWS XP. I don't have to hurry to do anything; the computer waits on me to do it and then everything works okay. Sorry you're experiencing those problems. There must be a lot of bugs with the IMAGINE--but, I have no doubts with all of you sending your FEEDBACK, PC will have those problems fixed before long. I hope so, anyway!

LINKING our cartridges is not available, as yet! BUT, yes, I do believe PC said that would be an option. For a while, they were showing that button (not activated) when you selected CUT and then on the second CUT, it asked you if you wanted to LINK or CUT ONLY. Since one of the builds, though, they took the LINKING button away. I feel sure they will bring it back at some point.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:16:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: CaraFeeney Go to Quoted Post
I can't even get the new software to print! I wish they had spent the time to improve the Cricut DesignStudio instead.

JMHO, but in all the years I've been here, they have hardly updated CDS. That's one of the reasons I have never bought it; plus the fact it wouldn't work on my computer.

I really believe CCR will be much better than CDS ever was; maybe they found they couldn't facilitate the changes with all of the CDS software already out in the hands of customers for several years and that it is more costly to bring everything everyone wanted in CDS, so they are bringing it to us FREE in CCR and it might be much more cost-effective (for PC) to give all the things you wanted in CDS to CCR. Again, JMHO!

I don't think it should be an issue that many of you paid for CDS, though. (Hope noone gets frustrated/mad at me saying this). You have been able to create and do many things in CDS up to now--just not some of the things you wanted to do. I would be frustrated, myself, about this if I had just bought CDS lately. When I bought it at Walmart two years ago for $45, I was happy as a lark. BUT, when I found out it wouldn't work on my computer and returned it, it was put back on the shelf for $69 and it has never come back down (at our local Walmart) until just a few weeks ago ($45, again) when they marked down the LITES to $29.

Char

bearcatnat Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:06:49 PM(UTC)
bearcatnat

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 258 post(s)
My CCR WAS working as of Tuesday, when I cut and printed with it. I believe I had downloaded the version 53 before that. It is not working now. It printed, but did not cut. Bored It also will hardly recognize my cartridges without pulling them out and reinserting and/or restarting CCR. Not that it matters, since it doesn't seem to cut. Awful!
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:36:45 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: bearcatnat Go to Quoted Post
My CCR WAS working as of Tuesday, when I cut and printed with it. I believe I had downloaded the version 53 before that. It is not working now. It printed, but did not cut. Bored It also will hardly recognize my cartridges without pulling them out and reinserting and/or restarting CCR. Not that it matters, since it doesn't seem to cut. Awful!

Did you go up to HELP menu in CCR and install drivers for the machine you're using? Be sure you have the machine you want to install the drivers to hooked to your computer and turned on before you go into CCR.

Char
HollyHudspeth Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:04:44 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 544 time(s) in 315 post(s)
Yeah...,,me too. I did not hide contour, but am experiencing every bit of the rest of it. The last build was working great for me.
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:10:06 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

BearCatNat and Holly - What OPERATING SYSTEMS are you using on your computers (e.g., WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS7, VISTA), or are you using a MAC?

Just wondered if there's a common thread between you two and starting with the Operating System.

Char