Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MiniBug Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:13:18 AM(UTC)
MiniBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Another problem w/CCR--Cricut doesn't "recognize" my Expression on CCR when I try to cut (I was never "invited" but I do see the green CUT button (but I can't cut but that's ok/I can understand)...NOW it does't recognize Expression when I tried to update CDS either!. I'm getting mad. What is going on??? Anybody else have this problem?

Any solutions to this problem and how do I fix? I am beginnning to be sorry I downloaded CCR at this point. Have I wrecked my Expression??? Angry

P.S. For the cut problem - I tried someone's fix, turn Cricut off then back on; didn't work. I think someone else had this "recognition" problem...........HELP PLEASE!
COWStamper Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:44:10 AM(UTC)
COWStamper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 512 time(s) in 354 post(s)
It is frustrating, but that is why we are testing it, to help identify problems and refine the program.

Send Feedback and call. That is what they need from us.

Keep trying, they are obviously working on it because features keep changing. They need know what works and what doesn't.

Take a deep breath, we are all in the same boat, but posting here does help, if only to let off steam.BigGrin
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:41:47 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8021 time(s) in 4683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MiniBug Go to Quoted Post
Another problem w/CCR--Cricut doesn't "recognize" my Expression on CCR when I try to cut (I was never "invited" but I do see the green CUT button (but I can't cut but that's ok/I can understand)...NOW it does't recognize Expression when I tried to update CDS either!. I'm getting mad. What is going on??? Anybody else have this problem?

Any solutions to this problem and how do I fix? I am beginnning to be sorry I downloaded CCR at this point. Have I wrecked my Expression??? Angry

P.S. For the cut problem - I tried someone's fix, turn Cricut off then back on; didn't work. I think someone else had this "recognition" problem...........HELP PLEASE!

When you downloaded the CCR CUT download, did you have your Expression turned on at the time AND connected to your computer? If not, why don't you try uninstalling your CCR Application (let us know if you need help with this), reboot your computer and then after turning your Expression on and having it connected to your computer, go ahead and download the CUT application again. I don't know if it will work; but, it seems to me it would, as you are downloading it when you have it turned on and CCR would surely recognize it. Let us know if you have already done this and/or if you re-install and it works.

I don't believe you have "wrecked" your Expression. I unhooked my Expression from my computer several times when I was unable to use CCR after I had used it previously, to use it without being attached to computer and it worked just fine.

Patience is not most of our best virtues. I think everyone will love CCR once it is perfected. JMHO!!

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:44:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:46:27 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

One other thing, I believe another poster intimated you cannot use the CDS and CCR at the same time, as they use the same PORT on the computer to function properly. So, if you are trying to use both at the same time, I don't think it's possible.

EDITED: Actually, there is more than one port we can use on our computers. However, it's probably best to close out CCR or CDS when trying to use or the other, as they take up a lot of memory when you're using them, so it makes sense only to use one at a time.

Can our bug guides give us some help here? If you had two USB cables to hook up in two ports on your computers, it looks like you could use them together--but, again, most of our computers might not handle using them both at the same time.

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:04:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sawkat66 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:41:34 PM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
One other thing, I believe another poster intimated you cannot use the CDS and CCR at the same time, as they use the same PORT on the computer to function properly. So, if you are trying to use both at the same time, I don't think it's possible.

Char

This was true for me. If you want to use CDS log out of CCR -- do work at the same time.
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:10:01 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7816 time(s) in 3648 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

EDITED: Actually, there is more than one port we can use on our computers. However, it's probably best to close out CCR or CDS when trying to use or the other, as they take up a lot of memory when you're using them, so it makes sense only to use one at a time.

Can our bug guides give us some help here? If you had two USB cables to hook up in two ports on your computers, it looks like you could use them together--but, again, most of our computers might not handle using them both at the same time.

Char

It's not the physical USB port that they share, but the port settings.

Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:18:50 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7816 time(s) in 3648 post(s)

If you are using Windows 7 you could try troubleshooting your USB port. Here's some info on that:

http://myfaqcricutds.blogspot.c...rivers-in-windows-7.html

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:19:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MiniBug Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:33:18 AM(UTC)
MiniBug

Thanks to those who have replied BigGrin. Last night I uninistalled CCR and CDS. Didn't have time to do much more than just that as it was late. I will be printing out your instructions and will try again. I can certainly understand the "trial" mode of CCR...I just couldn't understand why my Expression was not being "recognized" by either CCR or CDS so it's nice to know it isn't "wrecked" since I got kinda scared.

I guess I don't have much patience these days, but I do thank the Beta testers and hopefully all the glitches will work themselves out soon for everyone...
MiniBug Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:39:02 AM(UTC)
MiniBug

Forgot to mention: I have Vista on my laptop. Hope that isn't causing me any problems.
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:21:39 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Forgot to mention: I have Vista on my laptop. Hope that isn't causing me any problems.

I haven't heard anyone say anything about VISTA, but VISTA has been out for quite a while now. I would suppose CCR knows they need to work everything out so our VISTA friends can use CCR, too.

Char