Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

seaview Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:03:56 PM(UTC)
seaview

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Can anyone help please, I am having problems cutting the Layers with my imagine in CCR, it cuts the first part of the images but not the layers. Any advice would be most appreciated. I have only had access to CCR for a couple of days and think I am doing something wrong!!Confused Also does BUILD 53 automatically download with your updates ?

Edited by user Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:06:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:06:41 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Originally Posted by: seaview Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone help please, I am having problems cutting the Layers with my imagine in CCR, it cuts the first part of the images but not the layers. Any advice would be most appreciated. I have only had access to CCR for a couple of days and think I am doing something wrong!!Confused Also does BUILD 53 automatically download with your updates ?

I'm hoping that someone with an imagine will post here. I bought my imagine on eBay over the weekend and am still waiting for it to arrive, so I can't test it out till then.

When you open CCR you will generally be prompted to download an update if there is one available. If you're not on Build 53 and you're not being prompted you can go to http://craftroom.cricut.com/betaprogram/ and download it manually.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
seaview on 7/13/2011(UTC)
seaview Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:42:56 PM(UTC)
seaview

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I'm hoping that someone with an imagine will post here. I bought my imagine on eBay over the weekend and am still waiting for it to arrive, so I can't test it out till then.

When you open CCR you will generally be prompted to download an update if there is one available. If you're not on Build 53 and you're not being prompted you can go to http://craftroom.cricut.com/betaprogram/ and download it manually.

I updated my Imagine this morning before I used CCR so i imagine that I have got BUILD 53 then!! - Thank you for your reply.
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:51:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
I updated my Imagine this morning before I used CCR so i imagine that I have got BUILD 53 then!! - Thank you for your reply.

Updating your Imagine has nothing to do with updating CCR.

You update your Imagine using Cricut Sync.

You update CCR through CCR itself.

Look in the bottom left corner of CCR. It will show what build you are running.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
seaview Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:18:51 PM(UTC)
seaview

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Updating your Imagine has nothing to do with updating CCR.

You update your Imagine using Cricut Sync.

You update CCR through CCR itself.

Look in the bottom left corner of CCR. It will show what build you are running.

Hi again, Thank you for that info - I have just checked and I am running build 53. It makes all the difference when you know what you are doingBigGrin
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:35:36 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8314 time(s) in 4910 post(s)

seaview - When you're CREATING your card/layout, are you placing layers on top of one another on your mat? If you are, the layers won't cut out separately. You need to have each layer laid out on the mat separately.

Does this help at all?

Char
seaview Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:10:35 PM(UTC)
seaview

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
seaview - When you're CREATING your card/layout, are you placing layers on top of one another on your mat? If you are, the layers won't cut out separately. You need to have each layer laid out on the mat separately.

Does this help at all?

Char

Hi - I have laid them out separately but still not cutting, is there anything else i need to do,it asks if I want to add this layer to a new layer or a current selected layer and I am not sure what they mean by this ? Sorry to sound dense but I am getting a bit confused.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:16:56 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Hi - I have laid them out separately but still not cutting, is there anything else i need to do,it asks if I want to add this layer to a new layer or a current selected layer and I am not sure what they mean by this ? Sorry to sound dense but I am getting a bit confused.

seaview - I see you're still here; so, I'll come back in a little bit to see if you answer this--going over to cricut chat for a while.

When you go into MAT LAYERS on the left-hand menus in CCR, can you tell me how many GLYPHS show up at the top? This will tell if you have images on one layer, two layers or more.

Let me know; then, we'll go from there.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
seaview Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:34:47 PM(UTC)
seaview

seaview - I see you're still here; so, I'll come back in a little bit to see if you answer this--going over to cricut chat for a while.

When you go into MAT LAYERS on the left-hand menus in CCR, can you tell me how many GLYPHS show up at the top? This will tell if you have images on one layer, two layers or more.

Let me know; then, we'll go from there.

Char

I have 4 items in the mat layer box (is that a GLYPH)? - I cant actually try cutting these at the moment as it is 3.30 am here in Spain and my husband is in the next room and I don't want to wake him Confused, I wish i had come on the forum earlier then I could still be playing noisily BigGrin

Joan
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:16:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I have 4 items in the mat layer box (is that a GLYPH)? - I cant actually try cutting these at the moment as it is 3.30 am here in Spain and my husband is in the next room and I don't want to wake him Confused, I wish i had come on the forum earlier then I could still be playing noisily BigGrin

Joan

Joan - If all four Glyphs are GREEN, what you are seeing on the MAT in front of you is EVERYTHING you have placed within the project, no matter what layer you have placed it in.

If you click on each green eye, and make it gray, you cannot see anything on the mat in front of you. Now, make the eye green on the first GLYPH. It will show you what you have on that layer. Turn the eye to gray. Now click on the second eye and make it green. It will show you what is on that layer. And, so on!

So, if you are using different cartridges, it might be advantageous to say NEW LAYER when you place another item on the mat.

THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO SEEING ALL THE GLYPHS (WITH ALL GREEN EYES) ON THE MAT. You can actually move all your images around on your project to size them and/or see how they are all going to look once you place the cuts out to place them on your finished project (for gluing/piecing together).

I would probably go back and make all the eyes grey again, and go to each layer one at a time (green eye), and place them on the mat (in that layer) where I want them to cut out on my paper. That way, you're not placing something on your project (with all green eyes) in the middle of your project and then CUTTING it in the middle of the paper on that layer.

AGAIN, with all green eyes, you are able to move all the layers around on the FIRST MAT/FIRST LAYER to where you want them on your finished project; however, you are also moving them on the layer they are actually in, so you may want to go back and move them on the mat where you want them to CUT after you see how your project is going to look.

I'm really sorry if I'm confusing you; but, come back and let us know if you know what I'm saying?

Char

bearcatnat Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:23:47 PM(UTC)
bearcatnat

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Regarding layers, I cut a project yesterday and had issues. I'm using build 53 and my Imagine is fully updated. I had laid out a card base as a guide, then hid that layer before cutting. I thought it would not cut the hidden layer, but it DID cut! So some of my shapes on other layers got cut through. Crying Is there any way to cut certain layers only, like you can do in Design Studio?
seaview Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:53:13 AM(UTC)
seaview

Joan - If all four Glyphs are GREEN, what you are seeing on the MAT in front of you is EVERYTHING you have placed within the project, no matter what layer you have placed it in.

If you click on each green eye, and make it gray, you cannot see anything on the mat in front of you. Now, make the eye green on the first GLYPH. It will show you what you have on that layer. Turn the eye to gray. Now click on the second eye and make it green. It will show you what is on that layer. And, so on!

So, if you are using different cartridges, it might be advantageous to say NEW LAYER when you place another item on the mat.

THERE IS AN ADVANTAGE TO SEEING ALL THE GLYPHS (WITH ALL GREEN EYES) ON THE MAT. You can actually move all your images around on your project to size them and/or see how they are all going to look once you place the cuts out to place them on your finished project (for gluing/piecing together).

I would probably go back and make all the eyes grey again, and go to each layer one at a time (green eye), and place them on the mat (in that layer) where I want them to cut out on my paper. That way, you're not placing something on your project (with all green eyes) in the middle of your project and then CUTTING it in the middle of the paper on that layer.

AGAIN, with all green eyes, you are able to move all the layers around on the FIRST MAT/FIRST LAYER to where you want them on your finished project; however, you are also moving them on the layer they are actually in, so you may want to go back and move them on the mat where you want them to CUT after you see how your project is going to look.

I'm really sorry if I'm confusing you; but, come back and let us know if you know what I'm saying?

Char

I am out all day today but I will give that a try as soon as possible,(hopefully later on today) thanks for all your help and time it makes a big difference.

Joan
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:03:56 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: bearcatnat Go to Quoted Post
Regarding layers, I cut a project yesterday and had issues. I'm using build 53 and my Imagine is fully updated. I had laid out a card base as a guide, then hid that layer before cutting. I thought it would not cut the hidden layer, but it DID cut! So some of my shapes on other layers got cut through. Crying Is there any way to cut certain layers only, like you can do in Design Studio?

When you hit the CUT button and it brings up the second CUT screen, there are arrows at the bottom which brings up each layer for you to CUT individually.

Hope this helps; please let us know if it answered your question.

Char
seaview Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 12:38:14 AM(UTC)
seaview

When you hit the CUT button and it brings up the second CUT screen, there are arrows at the bottom which brings up each layer for you to CUT individually.

Hope this helps; please let us know if it answered your question.

Char

Hi Char - sorry I didn't reply yesterday I just had one of those days, I have set today aside for trying your suggestions and will let you know how I get on.

Joan
 1 user thanked seaview for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/15/2011(UTC)
seaview Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 3:37:33 AM(UTC)
seaview

Hi Char - sorry I didn't reply yesterday I just had one of those days, I have set today aside for trying your suggestions and will let you know how I get on.

Joan

I used all of your instruction today to print layers and they all worked brilliantly so thank you for all your help, I think you are right it is a learning process and you find things as you go along but occasionally you do need a nice clear prompt (or I do anyway BigGrin ) and your explanation of the layering was perfect.

Joan
 1 user thanked seaview for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/15/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 1:35:50 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Yaaaaaay! I'm so glad it worked for you. Sometimes I talk 'til I'm blue in the face (I mean, type) and I never really know if anything I say/type helps anyone. I'm so glad you came back to let us all know.

Char

Edited by user Friday, July 15, 2011 1:36:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ReenyBug Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 3:33:30 PM(UTC)
ReenyBug

Was thanked: 370 time(s) in 216 post(s)
Char, you do a great job of explaining things and helping people. I know I speak for all of us technically challenged people when I express gratitude to you, Narelle, Scrapalette and all the other wonderful gals who always take time to try and explain things. Thank you for all you do!! BigGrin
 1 user thanked ReenyBug for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/18/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 5:34:32 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: ReenyBug Go to Quoted Post
Char, you do a great job of explaining things and helping people. I know I speak for all of us technically challenged people when I express gratitude to you, Narelle, Scrapalette and all the other wonderful gals who always take time to try and explain things. Thank you for all you do!! BigGrin

Thanks, ReenyBug. That was nice of you. I really don't have any insides to CCR at all; just going on things I have learned over the years on my computer.

I appreciate, too, when someone else comes along (like Narelle and Scrapalette) to explain things in a different, more simplified way to most of you--trouble is, I don't always understand the more technical ways to do things. And, that has been my whole life. I learn by trial and error and it's not always easy for me to follow instructions.

Thanks, again.

Char