Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

grammagreat Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 11:05:40 AM(UTC)
grammagreat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
is it the same as linking carts? I thought that I read that we could somehow link our carts and then not have to insert them into machine to cut. Am I wrong on that? TIA for your help.
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 1:27:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8314 time(s) in 4910 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grammagreat Go to Quoted Post
is it the same as linking carts? I thought that I read that we could somehow link our carts and then not have to insert them into machine to cut. Am I wrong on that? TIA for your help.

This is not linking our carts; if it is, PC is being dishonest. And, I don't think they are. BOOKMARKING, as you can read about under the FEEDBACK menus on the left hand side in CCR, is merely a tool (from what I understand) that allows CCR to look up information more quickly on the cartridges each of us will work in while we're in CCR. In other words, when we BOOKMARK all the cartridges we own, each CCR on our own computers will specifically know what cartridges we will work in on our computers. There are over 200 cartridges, so if we BOOKMARK 200 cartridges, every time we work in CCR, it will plow through 200 cartridges to get us where we want to go--or 15, if the one you're using is the 15th one in the lineup).

It is my understanding that is solely what BOOKMARKING is for at this time!

LINKING was showing up when we pressed the CUT button and the system was allowing us to LINK our cartridges or CUT ONLY. They have taken that LINK button off the CUT feature--as, I'm thinking they were having some problems with it working and/or they may have decided not to use it at all. None of us know. If anyone does, please share.

The only purpose for LINKING would be so when we press CUT, we won't have to place five cartridges (if we are using that many in one project) in each time we CUT a layer (whatever is on that mat layer). Right now, that's what we have to do (unless you have a JUKEBOX, and I have heard several reports that the JUKEBOXES are working in CCR). We have to enter every cartridge in the project every time we CUT a layer, before CUT will happen.

Hope this helps.

Char