Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Narelle Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:38:36 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Just did my first Imagine project using CCR. Had a couple of hiccups at the start but got it to work!

I had the Imagine powered on and connected to my laptop when I opened CCR. I got the message that I needed to update the firmware using Cricut Sync.(I knew it was already up to date).

I use Trend Micro Security and I always have to turn it off to connect my Gypsy to my computer so I thought I'd give that a try using the Imagine. I totally exited out of Trend Micro (disabling doesn't work for me with the Gypsy - I'm guessing it's the same with the Imagine.)

I placed a random shape from the Imagine More cart on the mat and pressed Go. The firmware message didn't pop up this time. Yay!

I press Go again, and this time it said that it couldn't recognise the Imagine. I realised I hadn't closed CCR after I turned off Trend Micro so I gave that a shot.

Reopened CCR and my file, pressed Go and I was in business!!

It took ages for it to start printing (the message box said it could take a few minutes - it took at least 10). Just when I was about to exit out and try again the message box popped up telling me to follow the instructions on the Imagine screen. (That is - insert the mat and press OK).

It started printing then had a rest (I'm assuming it was waiting for the ink to dry) then it cut it out!

I tried a second image, but have given up as it's taking far too long. Will have another go tomorrow.

All in all, I'm happy that it seems to be cutting and printing with CCR even if it is slow....

Edited by user Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:41:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/19/2011(UTC)
COWStamper Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:53:15 AM(UTC)
COWStamper

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 512 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Happy to hear you got it going, even though it was a bit slow. Hopefully a future update will make it go faster.

If everyone who buys the Cricut Mini has to use CCR, it will have to be up and running soon and process more quickly.
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:34:10 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Second cut from CCR done! This one had two layers (pages). Both layers print and cut beautifully!

I couldn't work out why when it was finished cutting the mat got spat out on to the floor. Then I found the little ledge that slides out of the front.... Blushing BigGrin
PeggyT. Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:46:11 AM(UTC)
PeggyT.

Was thanked: 2575 time(s) in 1204 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Just did my first Imagine project using CCR. Had a couple of hiccups at the start but got it to work!

I had the Imagine powered on and connected to my laptop when I opened CCR. I got the message that I needed to update the firmware using Cricut Sync.(I knew it was already up to date).

I use Trend Micro Security and I always have to turn it off to connect my Gypsy to my computer so I thought I'd give that a try using the Imagine. I totally exited out of Trend Micro (disabling doesn't work for me with the Gypsy - I'm guessing it's the same with the Imagine.)

I placed a random shape from the Imagine More cart on the mat and pressed Go. The firmware message didn't pop up this time. Yay!

I press Go again, and this time it said that it couldn't recognise the Imagine. I realised I hadn't closed CCR after I turned off Trend Micro so I gave that a shot.

Reopened CCR and my file, pressed Go and I was in business!!

It took ages for it to start printing (the message box said it could take a few minutes - it took at least 10). Just when I was about to exit out and try again the message box popped up telling me to follow the instructions on the Imagine screen. (That is - insert the mat and press OK).

It started printing then had a rest (I'm assuming it was waiting for the ink to dry) then it cut it out!

I tried a second image, but have given up as it's taking far too long. Will have another go tomorrow.

All in all, I'm happy that it seems to be cutting and printing with CCR even if it is slow....

Narelle,

I'm having the same problem. I closed my anti-virus software, Kaspersky, retried cutting. I didn't get the Imagine needs updating message. The image printed beautifully, like always, but still didn't cut. I keep getting the craftroom bridge error after trying to print and Craft Room closes down. Any ideas.

Why do I have the feeling they're going to release Craft Room at CHA? The new machines are all about CCR. If they release it like it is, it will be a disaster.
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:19:20 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: PeggyT. Go to Quoted Post
Narelle,

I'm having the same problem. I closed my anti-virus software, Kaspersky, retried cutting. I didn't get the Imagine needs updating message. The image printed beautifully, like always, but still didn't cut. I keep getting the craftroom bridge error after trying to print and Craft Room closes down. Any ideas.

Why do I have the feeling they're going to release Craft Room at CHA? The new machines are all about CCR. If they release it like it is, it will be a disaster.

When you press the Go button does the window on the left show Print & Cut?

I have had the Cricut Bridge error a couple of times. Mostly when I've walked away and let it time out though.

I have a feeling it might be released at CHA too. But I don't think they have any choice. People are screaming out for access to it. I just hope they have more server capacity ready.... and lots of extra Customer Support staff on hand.

It's sure to be a wild ride! BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:37:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PeggyT. Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:32:44 AM(UTC)
PeggyT.

When you press the Go button does the window on the left show Print & Cut?

I have had the Cricut Bridge error a couple of times. Mostly when I've walked away and let it time out though.

I have a feeling it might be released at CHA too. But I don't think they have any choice. People are screaming out for access to it. I just hope they have more server capacity ready.... and lots of extra Customer Support staff on hand.

It's sure to be a wild ride! BigGrin

It does have Print and Cut showing when I select Cut. Any other Suggestions?
Khrista Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 12:21:26 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2508 time(s) in 1396 post(s)
awww I want my Imagine to hurry up and get here..I'm going through withdrawals after a week! BigGrin Almost afraid to plug it into CCR though, but don't think that's what killed my I. I hope they are able to figure out the layers being merged into a flat image. I have the feeling that'll end up being one of the last things. Anyone know anyone at CHA that can tell us what build is on their machines there? :)
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:33:07 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: PeggyT. Go to Quoted Post
It does have Print and Cut showing when I select Cut. Any other Suggestions?

Can you tell me which cart and image you are using and I'll try and recreate it.
PeggyT. Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:40:00 PM(UTC)
PeggyT.

Can you tell me which cart and image you are using and I'll try and recreate it.

I'm using the shoe from Better Together. I just chose a random image. Like I said it printed it beautifully but would not cut.