Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCScrapAddict Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:04:52 AM(UTC)
NCScrapAddict

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1156 time(s) in 623 post(s)
I'm about "this" close to taking CCR off my computer and forgetting ever being able to use it. I tried to use it months ago, but it always told me that my cartridge wasn't inserted, when of course it was. I gave up at that point. Then I saw that others were able to use it now, so I downloaded the latest update (version 53 I think) and decided to give it a shot again. Now it tells me that my E is not connected to my computer, when of course it is connected. I downloaded drivers for the E, but still nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks for your attempts to help.
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:46:35 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NCScrapAddict Go to Quoted Post
I'm about "this" close to taking CCR off my computer and forgetting ever being able to use it. I tried to use it months ago, but it always told me that my cartridge wasn't inserted, when of course it was. I gave up at that point. Then I saw that others were able to use it now, so I downloaded the latest update (version 53 I think) and decided to give it a shot again. Now it tells me that my E is not connected to my computer, when of course it is connected. I downloaded drivers for the E, but still nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks for your attempts to help.

Can you try using another port in your computer to connect your Expression to? There are usually several to choose from. From what I understand, it's better to use one on the BACK of your hard drive vs. using one on the front of the hard drive. ALSO, if you are using all your ports for other things and can unplug those things while you're working in CCR, it might be helpful. We all have a lot of different scenarios in the capabilities of our equipment, so it's hard to know how to help others, not knowing their scenarios.

If you are using a printer cord to hook up with, I couldn't get my printer cord to work--although, they say you can. I had to call PC for a cord, since one never came with my Expression when I ordered it. They sent the cord to me FREE of charge. It worked.

DID you go to HELP in CCR and INSTALL DRIVERS for your Expression?

I always plug my Expression into the computer BEFORE I open CCR and I also have the Expression turned on before I open CCR.

Hope something here helps; if not, maybe someone else can offer another suggestion.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:48:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NCScrapAddict Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 10:03:42 AM(UTC)
NCScrapAddict

Was thanked: 1156 time(s) in 623 post(s)
Thanks Char for responding. I have tried it in several different ports on my laptop, but nothing works. And I have a white cord that actually came with Design Studio (I think) that hooks between the Cricut and my laptop.

The laptop has Windows 7 with a 64 bit operating system. Would that change anything?
Teensiebaby Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:46:47 PM(UTC)
Teensiebaby

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello, I was having the same trouble with my Imagine saying it was not hooked to my computer. I turned off my McAfee firewall and was able to cut and print. Hope this works for you.
GrammyCris Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 1:15:01 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1143 time(s) in 532 post(s)
Ever since I did the latest update on my E2 I have been getting the "not connected" msg too......very frustrating!
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 8:06:24 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NCScrapAddict Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Char for responding. I have tried it in several different ports on my laptop, but nothing works. And I have a white cord that actually came with Design Studio (I think) that hooks between the Cricut and my laptop.

The laptop has Windows 7 with a 64 bit operating system. Would that change anything?

I don't know about 64-bit; but, I have seen others post they've had problems and they are using 64-bit, also. That's not to say they all do--I've just seen some post that they can't get CCR to work for them, either.

Maybe you could talk to PC about this by calling CCR TECH SUPPORT at 1-877-7CRICUT. I would think they can tell you right away whether or not there are issues with WIN7, 64-Bit.

Are there any updates you need to do on your computer? Or, do you have it update regularly, automatically? Again, so many scenarios and so many problems right now; especially in IMAGINE, from what I'm hearing on the posts.

Good luck. Hope something helps you; I would call PC if I were you.

Char
mallorym Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:59:56 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Are you using the E2? We recently released new firmware for this machine (0027), so you may need to run Cricut Sync and update your E2. Be sure to close Cricut Sync before opening Craft Room--your Cricut may get confused if you have both programs running simultaneously.

Let me know if that works for you!
Sawkat66 Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:55:36 PM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Three things when this happened to me:

1. Make sure your E is turned on and plugged in to your computer BEFORE you enter the CCR

2. Make sure your fire wall is of or allows CCR to communicate with your computer

3. Some times the USB cords go bad. Mine did. you can buy a USB cord a Wal mart, etc.. and they are compatable.

hope this helps.

Also, call PC if you are still having problems. Thay are always helpfull when i have needed to call.