Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

crs16 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 4:26:42 PM(UTC)
crs16

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm just now ready to attempt cutting with the CCR. But the CCR does not recognize my expression as being plugged in. I have tried various usb ports, I have tried turning off and on my expression. I have tried rebooting my computer. None of those work.

I have a feeling that I need to update my firmware. I have a pink expression which says firmware version 2.31

I have a macbook pro running snow leopard. How would I update my firmware? Or does anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks!
Cindy
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 8:16:41 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CindySinars Go to Quoted Post
I'm just now ready to attempt cutting with the CCR. But the CCR does not recognize my expression as being plugged in. I have tried various usb ports, I have tried turning off and on my expression. I have tried rebooting my computer. None of those work.

I have a feeling that I need to update my firmware. I have a pink expression which says firmware version 2.31

I have a macbook pro running snow leopard. How would I update my firmware? Or does anyone else have any other ideas?

Thanks!
Cindy

Cindy - My EXPRESSION says V2.43; so, yes, I think you need to get the newest version for your Expression. I am wondering if you go to the HELP menu in CCR (at the top menus) and click on INSTALL DRIVERS for the Expression, if this would update your Expression?

Char
crs16 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 12:25:11 PM(UTC)
crs16

My Help on CCR doesn't have an install drivers that I can find. Under the help pulldown it says "Help" and "license agreement". I had tried that too before I posted.

And I run a virtual windows on my machine, but the design studio trial doesn't recognize my machine from there either. My usb ports are good because both the snow leopard and the VM windows recognized that there is hardware plugged into the usb. Only the CCR and the design studio refuse to recognize my machine.

Thanks for trying! BigGrin
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:21:45 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Cindy - I don't know if this will work, but it might be worth a try.

Unplug your Expression from your computer. TURN your computer OFF and before you turn it back on, plug the Expression into the USB port (not sure I said that right, but I hope you know what I mean). Before you boot your computer back on, turn your Expression ON. Now, boot your computer back up and see if you see a little note come up that your computer is recognizing new hardware. When your programs are loaded and you can go into CCR, it might recognize your Expression at that point; go back up to the HELP menu and see if it shows the Expression listed now.

See if this helps.

Char
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 4:36:38 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
My Help on CCR doesn't have an install drivers that I can find. Under the help pulldown it says "Help" and "license agreement". I had tried that too before I posted.

And I run a virtual windows on my machine, but the design studio trial doesn't recognize my machine from there either. My usb ports are good because both the snow leopard and the VM windows recognized that there is hardware plugged into the usb. Only the CCR and the design studio refuse to recognize my machine.

Thanks for trying! BigGrin

What build of CCR are you running? The number in the bottom left of the CCR screen should be v1.0 build 53 (stage).

If it's less than 53 you'll need to update it. Then your Help Menu will look like this:

CCR should prompt you to update it but if it hasn't you can uninstall it then download and install it again. This time you'll get build 53 and you might even be prompted to update the firmware on your Expression.

I have to say the whole Mac/Virtual windows thing is a mystery to me. Please let me know if you're still having trouble and I'll see what I can find out for you.

COWStamper Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:07:44 PM(UTC)
COWStamper

Was thanked: 512 time(s) in 354 post(s)
I am on a Mac and the drivers never came up for me to install.

I have CCR on the MAC side. Actually deleted the windows side as it was always a problem.

Never have a problem on the Mac side.

Why don't you try installing CCR on the Mac side and see if it works for you.
 1 user thanked COWStamper for this useful post.
Narelle on 7/24/2011(UTC)
crs16 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 6:29:24 PM(UTC)
crs16

I have build 53. I actually deleted and redownloaded it wondering if that was my problem.

My CCR is installed on my mac side. I was trying to update the firmware on my expression through the CDS trial that's why I tried doing anything through the windows side.

My help menu only has the two lines, help and license agreement. No download drivers. I assumed it didn't have that because it wasn't recognizing my expression.

Nothing is working. I've tried all sorts of rebooting my computer, plugging in the expression before/after, turning the expression on before/after starting CCR. None of that is working.

So is there a way to update my firmware? The cricutsync only works with gypsy, e2, and imagine right? And the CCR isn't recognizing my expression so it can't update my firmware. And the CDS on the windows side isn't recognizing my expression to update it either.

Sigh.

Thanks for the suggestions though everyone!

Cindy
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 7:04:32 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

I have build 53. I actually deleted and redownloaded it wondering if that was my problem.

My CCR is installed on my mac side. I was trying to update the firmware on my expression through the CDS trial that's why I tried doing anything through the windows side.

My help menu only has the two lines, help and license agreement. No download drivers. I assumed it didn't have that because it wasn't recognizing my expression.

Nothing is working. I've tried all sorts of rebooting my computer, plugging in the expression before/after, turning the expression on before/after starting CCR. None of that is working.

So is there a way to update my firmware? The cricutsync only works with gypsy, e2, and imagine right? And the CCR isn't recognizing my expression so it can't update my firmware. And the CDS on the windows side isn't recognizing my expression to update it either.

Sigh.

Thanks for the suggestions though everyone!

Cindy

Do you have a Gypsy? You can update with that. If not..... hmmm. Let me see what I can find out for you. Smile(Unfortunately it will take a day or two as I believe PC are closed till Tuesday).

COWStamper - if you're still reading - does your CCR version have the Install Drivers option in the Help Menu?

harborcricut Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:05:24 PM(UTC)
harborcricut

I'm having the same problem that Cindy is having.
I can work in CCR but cannot cut. I do have a cut button.
I do not have the "install drivers" option under help.
I'm using CCR 1.0 build 53.
I'm on a mac, running snow leopard.
I switched USB ports and switched USB cables.
I've tried shutting down everything and restarting as suggested above...

My expression is 2.34 so I'm pretty sure I have to update but don't how to update without CDS or a gyspy.

I know I'm going to love CCR when I can cut!

Edited by user Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:06:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

crs16 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:40:26 PM(UTC)
crs16

Originally Posted by: harborcricut Go to Quoted Post

My expression is 2.34 so I'm pretty sure I have to update but don't how to update without CDS or a gyspy.

I know I'm going to love CCR when I can cut!

Me too! If I could just get it to cut! BigGrin I don't have a gypsy. So I'm pretty sure that I either need the CCR to update my firmware for me (which it won't do because it doesn't recognize my expression) or I need an alternate way to update the firmware. I've tried several different cables, thinking my cable was acting goofy. Still no success.

Deep breath. I think I'll walk away for a day or two and then come back to it.

Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate you reading and trying to help. BigGrin

Cindy
tommyboysgirl6 Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 6:43:18 AM(UTC)
tommyboysgirl6

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I was having the same problem on Sat. nite.
COWStamper Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 8:34:16 AM(UTC)
COWStamper

Was thanked: 512 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Do you have a Gypsy? You can update with that. If not..... hmmm. Let me see what I can find out for you. Smile(Unfortunately it will take a day or two as I believe PC are closed till Tuesday).

COWStamper - if you're still reading - does your CCR version have the Install Drivers option in the Help Menu?

I never get the drivers on the Help Menu, just like OP there are only the two choices: Help and License Agreement. When I update everything goes thru just fine. I can only guess, as I am NOT tech savy, that the Mac does not need the drivers. At least at this time.
Narelle Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 2:31:29 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: COWStamper Go to Quoted Post
I never get the drivers on the Help Menu, just like OP there are only the two choices: Help and License Agreement. When I update everything goes thru just fine. I can only guess, as I am NOT tech savy, that the Mac does not need the drivers. At least at this time.

Thanks! It's handy to know that the screens are slightly different if you're using a Mac.
mallorym Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:48:38 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Cricut Craft Room currently requires Expression machines to be at v2.43 firmware. Cricut Craft Room should be automatically prompting you to update your machine if it is needed, but this trigger is not currently working correctly. There is not (yet, but maybe coming) a way to manually request Craft Room to update your machine. We are working to resolve this issue. We'll work as fast as we can to get you cutting!

Mallory
 2 users thanked mallorym for this useful post.
Narelle on 7/26/2011(UTC), CricketCMV on 7/26/2011(UTC)
luv_scrappin Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:42:17 PM(UTC)
luv_scrappin

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I am having the same problem with Cricut Create........Trying to use it since my Imagine crashed..........Says device not found but on my Create Display it says USB Active but CCR can't find it........???????
Narelle Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:06:26 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: luv_scrappin Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with Cricut Create........Trying to use it since my Imagine crashed..........Says device not found but on my Create Display it says USB Active but CCR can't find it........???????

Is the firmware on your Create up to date? I'm not sure of which version number you need. I'll see if I can find out.

Are you using a PC or a Mac?
luv_scrappin Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:14:07 AM(UTC)
luv_scrappin

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Is the firmware on your Create up to date? I'm not sure of which version number you need. I'll see if I can find out.

Are you using a PC or a Mac?

I am using PC Windows 7 64 bit

I tried to update the firmware with my Gypsy and it said I was up to date for the Gypsy........but it says V1.54
Narelle Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:53:59 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

I am using PC Windows 7 64 bit

I tried to update the firmware with my Gypsy and it said I was up to date for the Gypsy........but it says V1.54

I just updated on your other post.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
luv_scrappin on 7/27/2011(UTC)
mallorym Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:24:32 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)

Yep, the Personal Cutter, Create, and Expression machines are all having the same problem with the update trigger in Craft Room. Getting this fixed is one of our top priorities!

Lastest Firmware
Personal Cutter: v1.40
Create: v1.61
Expression: v2.43

E2 and Imagine update differently, so those machines can be updated through Cricut Sync.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:26:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked mallorym for this useful post.
luv_scrappin on 7/27/2011(UTC)
luv_scrappin Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 4:05:12 PM(UTC)
luv_scrappin

Originally Posted by: mallorym Go to Quoted Post
Yep, the Personal Cutter, Create, and Expression machines are all having the same problem with the update trigger in Craft Room. Getting this fixed is one of our top priorities!

Lastest Firmware
Personal Cutter: v1.40
Create: v1.61
Expression: v2.43

E2 and Imagine update differently, so those machines can be updated through Cricut Sync.

Thanks.........I will just play with what I have and wait patiently............