Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BarbaraMitchell1 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:40:07 PM(UTC)
BarbaraMitchell1

Groups: Registered

This Cricut stuff isn't as easy as everyone says. I'm new and having a devil of a time trying to make a card. Looks to me like u need some kind of art skills. lol But, I'm one to never give up. Just needed to say that.
TulipCollector Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:49:49 PM(UTC)
TulipCollector

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 7222 time(s) in 2516 post(s)
Sorry you are having a problem. What are you trying to create? Lots of help here. I am sure it will be fabulous and you are being hard on yourself.
RitaFz Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:12:30 AM(UTC)
RitaFz

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 14 post(s)
A big help for a beginner is go on over to You Tube there are so many demos to watch. Try that.
RitaFz
♥Carol♥ Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:38:49 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2765 time(s) in 2202 post(s)
Oh Barbara, I do hope you haven't given up. I know it can all seem a bit intimidating in the beginning, especially if you've viewed an infomercial or have seen the many wonderful projects posted on the Cricut.com Message Board ... the crafters all make it seem so easy ... But keep in mind that many of the projects were created by talented crafters that have been doing this for some time. They are not making anything difficult, but their experience level and knowledge makes it appear so much easier than most will be able to achieve in the beginning.

Here is the truth ... some crafters have outstanding results at their very first attempt ... and some have "outstanding" results after a little practice. And here is another thing you should know ... not all Cricut images are as easy to work with as others ... some are more intricate and detailed and require different settings for the best results. Also, knowing which settings work best for the materials you are using, is going to increase your success tremendously ... cutting vellum, card stock, fabric, newsprint, chipboard, thin acrylic, magnet material, etc. all require different settings. Not only pressure and blade depth, but speed can make a difference too ... or you may need to use a deep cut blade with some materials. Knowing what works best, and when, comes with a little practice.

HOWEVER ... here is the good news ... it really does not take a lot of "skill" to get started creating with your Cricut, and your skills will improve with everything that you make. Sometimes all yu need is someone to guide you along the way and help answer any questions you may have.

That's where this message Board is going to help. This message board is filled with many friendly, warm-hearted, talented and experienced crafters and we love to help and share the knowledge we have with our fellow Cricut brothers and sisters Let us know how we can help ... ask a question ... regardless of how silly or simple it may seem, they are all important, so, just ASK. We were all new once, we remember that feeling ... and we are here to help each other. Just wait, one day soon, you will be on the other end of those questions, helping someone else.

HINT: The best place to ask for help is in the "Cricut Chat Forum" ... there is a lot of traffic there, so your questions will have the greatest visibility and you are likely to have multiple answers to your question within minutes (depending on how many are online).

I know this was a long read ... but I hope it helps ... and again, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!

Edited by user Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:15:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified