Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Narelle Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:51:28 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Apologies if you have already managed to do this....

If you've been trying to layer Disney images so they will print and cut as one object I have worked out how to do it.

Here's a sample:



And here's how I did it:

http://cricutcraftroomblog.blog...ng-disney-layers-on.html
 12 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
cricutcrazylisa on 7/30/2011(UTC), CricketCMV on 7/30/2011(UTC), cricutkris on 7/30/2011(UTC), Havetoomuchstuff on 7/30/2011(UTC), Sawkat66 on 7/31/2011(UTC), Protter on 7/31/2011(UTC), MomX5 on 8/1/2011(UTC), KittyMeeow on 8/5/2011(UTC), ThisisJulz on 8/12/2011(UTC), Annabella on 8/14/2011(UTC), Gramcracker on 8/20/2011(UTC), mandys on 8/24/2011(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:19:21 AM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/23/2008(UTC)
Posts: 390
Location: Delano, TN

Thanks: 83 times
Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Thank you so much for the clear and concise directions on your blog! AWESOME!

Lisa
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 12:20:47 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15,033
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18590 times
Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Apologies if you have already managed to do this....

If you've been trying to layer Disney images so they will print and cut as one object I have worked out how to do it.

Here's a sample:


WOW! I'm glad you got that figured out Narelle. I hope you did let PC know, because I believe Mallory was just letting us know on her posts that they were dilligently working on that problem. PERHAPS THEY'RE NO AWARE IT'S THAT SIMPLE. And, it sounds very logical!!

Way to go!! - Char

Edited by user Saturday, July 30, 2011 12:22:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cricutkris Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 5:17:14 PM(UTC)
cricutkris

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,052
Location: PA

Thanks: 95 times
Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 225 post(s)
I am trying this first thing tomorrow!!! Thanks so much for the clear directions.

Woo Hoo, now I can make my disney autograph book from 2 years ago!
Khrista Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:34:32 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Finally got a chance to give this a try.. great directions you did. Mine unfortunately would not cut. Still just spitting the mat at me. <good thing the machines don't really spit.. hahaha>... Was using Phrases so may try an older cartridge to see if I have any luck. Layers printed all great as one though. :) Yeah!

:)Khrista
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:57:32 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Finally got a chance to give this a try.. great directions you did. Mine unfortunately would not cut. Still just spitting the mat at me. <good thing the machines don't really spit.. hahaha>... Was using Phrases so may try an older cartridge to see if I have any luck. Layers printed all great as one though. :) Yeah!

:)Khrista


I'd try Phrases for you but I don't have that cart.

Did you make sure the top layers weren't grouped with the bottom layer?
Khrista Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:00:12 AM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I'd try Phrases for you but I don't have that cart.

Did you make sure the top layers weren't grouped with the bottom layer?



Yep.. tried with Mickey and Friends too.. still spitting it at me. :) Did the funny E2 thing even tho it's an Imagine and wasn't plugged in when I opened CCR.. that didn't work either. Can't do a cut only either. I seem to be stuck (least the last time I tried.. but have gotten a new machine since) with just the Imagine cartridges. I may give it a try with my Mac tomorrow just for the heck of it to see if there's any difference with laptops and OS.

:)Khrista
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:01:56 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Yep.. tried with Mickey and Friends too.. still spitting it at me. :) Did the funny E2 thing even tho it's an Imagine and wasn't plugged in when I opened CCR.. that didn't work either. Can't do a cut only either. I seem to be stuck (least the last time I tried.. but have gotten a new machine since) with just the Imagine cartridges. I may give it a try with my Mac tomorrow just for the heck of it to see if there's any difference with laptops and OS.

:)Khrista


Good luck! Sorry it's not working for you Khrista.
Nolu Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:40:36 AM(UTC)
Nolu

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/20/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,562
United States
Location: Westbury, New York

Thanks: 944 times
Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 371 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Finally got a chance to give this a try.. great directions you did. Mine unfortunately would not cut. Still just spitting the mat at me. <good thing the machines don't really spit.. hahaha>... Was using Phrases so may try an older cartridge to see if I have any luck. Layers printed all great as one though. :) Yeah!

:)Khrista




I followed the instructions and it printed beautiful but it didn't cut. It spits the mat every time.
Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:59:36 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nolu Go to Quoted Post
I followed the instructions and it printed beautiful but it didn't cut. It spits the mat every time.


I wish I knew why it isn't working for everyone.

I wonder are we running the same imagine firmware etc.


cricutcrazylisa Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:07:14 AM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/23/2008(UTC)
Posts: 390
Location: Delano, TN

Thanks: 83 times
Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
I used create a critter, printed perfect...but no cutting here either. However, my Imagine is well behaved...it did not spit it simply refused to cut. Will have to consider what type of discipline is in order.

Lisa
Narelle Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:37:52 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricutcrazylisa Go to Quoted Post
I used create a critter, printed perfect...but no cutting here either. However, my Imagine is well behaved...it did not spit it simply refused to cut. Will have to consider what type of discipline is in order.

Lisa

I'll try create a critter tomorrow and see if it works.

Edited by user Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:39:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
cricutcrazylisa on 7/31/2011(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:08:48 AM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
lol.. discipline.. threaten it with a snake? lol.. Firmware should be the same I would think. Just did an update on my Imagine yesterday to the update that released this last week so it's totally up to date. Could be an OS thing.. what are you using Narelle computer wise? :)

:)Khrista
Sawkat66 Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:35:00 PM(UTC)
Sawkat66

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 627
United States
Location: TX

Thanks: 358 times
Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
You are the bomb! Awsome awsome Awsome. thanks for figuring this out and sharinf with us. This is what I have been waiting to do since I got my imagine back in October. Thank you! BIG KISSY NOISE XOXOXOX!
Sawkat66 Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:39:30 PM(UTC)
Sawkat66

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 627
United States
Location: TX

Thanks: 358 times
Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricutcrazylisa Go to Quoted Post
I used create a critter, printed perfect...but no cutting here either. However, my Imagine is well behaved...it did not spit it simply refused to cut. Will have to consider what type of discipline is in order.

Lisa



Funny! Mine used to spit, so I growded it for a while. It acts much better now. However, I have not tried to have it do this new task yet. I'll let you all know it behaves then.

Edited by user Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:42:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: me and my type-ohs!

cricutcrazylisa Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 12:54:40 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/23/2008(UTC)
Posts: 390
Location: Delano, TN

Thanks: 83 times
Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I'll try create a critter tomorrow and see if it works.



I used the cow for my Sunday School lesson...teaching on Joseph and Pharoah...I made a Fat cow and a lean cow...the print was awesome! I then simply cut them out by hand but I am so loving being able to layer my own colors and print this as one image. It may have been user error on my part because I relied on my memory for your directions....that's not always a bright move as my memorizer is 44 years old. You know the average life of a laptop computer is about 3 years and the desktop is about 6...so I'm still functioning pretty well..I THINK! Flapper
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:05:19 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/23/2008(UTC)
Posts: 390
Location: Delano, TN

Thanks: 83 times
Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! I DID IT! I went back to your directions and realized that I had group on my images. I removed it and all my little moo's cut so beautifully! She works my precious little Imagine plays well with CCR!

Lisa
Coesa Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:43:51 PM(UTC)
Coesa

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/15/2007(UTC)
Posts: 417
United States
Location: NV

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 120 post(s)
First I want to say THANK YOU so much for taking the time to figure this out for everyone and sharing! Now I have a question, When you want to do pieces that are not lined up when you layer, do you have to put more than one on the mat and hide some on one of them and hide different things on the other one? Am I making myself clear or no? I wanted to do a Princess but the face pieces don't line up to lay it on top.
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 1:57:42 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/23/2008(UTC)
Posts: 390
Location: Delano, TN

Thanks: 83 times
Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sawkat66 Go to Quoted Post
Funny! Mine used to spit, so I growded it for a while. It acts much better now. However, I have not tried to have it do this new task yet. I'll let you all know it behaves then.



Go back the directions Narelle gives! oh My Sweet little Imagine..... behaved like a little angel. The errors were all mine! Flapper
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:00:22 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/23/2008(UTC)
Posts: 390
Location: Delano, TN

Thanks: 83 times
Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandraCoe Go to Quoted Post
First I want to say THANK YOU so much for taking the time to figure this out for everyone and sharing! Now I have a question, When you want to do pieces that are not lined up when you layer, do you have to put more than one on the mat and hide some on one of them and hide different things on the other one? Am I making myself clear or no? I wanted to do a Princess but the face pieces don't line up to lay it on top.



I had to size and resize over and over and over to get things to line up. I even chewed up a sheet of paper because I wasn't doing things exactly on point. Keep trying! You will get it right! There are still a lot of issues for PC to work on but right now....It's looking pretty good!

Lisa
Narelle Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:28:53 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandraCoe Go to Quoted Post
First I want to say THANK YOU so much for taking the time to figure this out for everyone and sharing! Now I have a question, When you want to do pieces that are not lined up when you layer, do you have to put more than one on the mat and hide some on one of them and hide different things on the other one? Am I making myself clear or no? I wanted to do a Princess but the face pieces don't line up to lay it on top.

Yes, for layers that have multiple parts that don't align, you need to put multiples of that layer on the mat and hide different contours on each.

I did that for Pluto and it worked beautifully.
Narelle Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:30:49 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricutcrazylisa Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE!! UPDATE!! UPDATE!! I DID IT! I went back to your directions and realized that I had group on my images. I removed it and all my little moo's cut so beautifully! She works my precious little Imagine plays well with CCR!

Lisa

Fantastic news. I think that's the most crucial part of getting this to work. Making sure you don't group the base image. Well, that and not welding the top layers.
Narelle Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:34:45 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
lol.. discipline.. threaten it with a snake? lol.. Firmware should be the same I would think. Just did an update on my Imagine yesterday to the update that released this last week so it's totally up to date. Could be an OS thing.. what are you using Narelle computer wise? :)

:)Khrista

I'm using Windows 7 32 bit.

I haven't done an Imagine update since I got my machine (that was only 3 weeks ago though) so I'll see if there's one I need to do and check if there's any difference afterwards.
Khrista Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:43:30 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I'm using Windows 7 32 bit.

I haven't done an Imagine update since I got my machine (that was only 3 weeks ago though) so I'll see if there's one I need to do and check if there's any difference afterwards.



I wouldn't update it :) <if you haven't already> Mine was cutting prior to this build.. so not sure if it was the build or an imagine update. No go on my Mac too. Can print the layers as one no m atter what I'm using, but won't cut. Can't even get an Imagine cart. to cut. Same OS I have too.. Win 7, 32 bit.

Back to printing and cutting shrinky dinks :)
Khrista
Protter Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:46:17 PM(UTC)
Protter

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/16/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,174
Location: UK

Thanks: 815 times
Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 246 post(s)
You are the best, thank you ... this has been my dream with the Imagine all along, thank you soooooo much.

Karen xx
Carolyn S Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:22:21 PM(UTC)
Carolyn S

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/30/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,105
Location: Washington State

Thanks: 53 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 204 post(s)
I wanted to tell you that I tried this today, and it worked beautifully! Thanks so much!
Carolyn
Narelle Offline
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:27:30 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,975
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2035 times
Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't update it :) <if you haven't already> Mine was cutting prior to this build.. so not sure if it was the build or an imagine update. No go on my Mac too. Can print the layers as one no m atter what I'm using, but won't cut. Can't even get an Imagine cart. to cut. Same OS I have too.. Win 7, 32 bit.

Back to printing and cutting shrinky dinks :)
Khrista

I haven't updated yet.

Are you able to cut and print anything? Even just the blackout layer of an image?
Carolyn S Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:28:29 PM(UTC)
Carolyn S

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/30/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,105
Location: Washington State

Thanks: 53 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Finally got a chance to give this a try.. great directions you did. Mine unfortunately would not cut. Still just spitting the mat at me. <good thing the machines don't really spit.. hahaha>... Was using Phrases so may try an older cartridge to see if I have any luck. Layers printed all great as one though. :) Yeah!

:)Khrista



I had that problem, but it is because I forgot the very last step which is, "At the Print and Cut dialogue box click on the arrow beside the Layer drop down box and select "daisy"" After I did this, I had no problem.
Carolyn
Kaybug Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2011 8:10:56 AM(UTC)
Kaybug

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/13/2007(UTC)
Posts: 689

Thanks: 41 times
Was thanked: 401 time(s) in 186 post(s)
Thanks for your tutorial. I followed it and it worked!!! Heart you forever!Love
Khrista Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2011 1:29:43 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/12/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,360
United States
Location: Southwest Washington State

Thanks: 1444 times
Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
http://community.provocr...t-Room-Beta-Updates.aspx

Updates on the Imagine issues on the last post. :)

I can't cut anything at the moment, individually, grouped etc. I've tried every which way. Also did so with my Mac and it was the same thing. Weird huh? Fingers crossed.. this week would be awesome if they put the new build out. I wanna play!! :)

:)Khrista
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 2.156 seconds.
nebo-cricut-02