Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

72 Pages«<6667686970>»
Shadow Offline
#2011 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:13:55 AM(UTC)
Shadow

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Hi there. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Cool

Still waiting to hear from GSD breeder - bet she hasn't had the Mum scanned yet, so no news to tell me. Am sooooo impatient. Can't wait for my little fur baby to arrive now - although still gotta wait about 2 months Blink

A bit cooler here - yesterday was a scorcher - pity it wasn't like that when we were on hols.

Bye for now

Pauline x
MargaretHillman Offline
#2012 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:55:11 AM(UTC)
MargaretHillman

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello all
Glad to see you are back from hols Gadget Girl .Will come and see you sometime soonish. Visitors next weekend and also the next one but will give you a ring.
Pauline Oh I am so jealous I so want a dog but husband does NOT. I would probably choose something a bit smaller than a GSD but any dog might do.
It is so quiet on here everyone must be off an hols.
I bought the Morehead Cd and have been making cards ready for Macmillan coffe morning I have done all the cut out front onesI hope they will sell Ok.
Shadow Offline
#2013 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:35:44 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi all - what a change eh? Sooooo cool up here todayBlink

Have checked dog breeder website - the first female has had 6 male puppies (Aaahhh) and our baby's Mum is due end August, so I guess she's had the scan after all. BigGrin Fingers crossed.

Margaret - am so sorry your hubby doesn't want a dog, but completely understand. Both me and Roger are dog mad so to speak LOL LOL so no problems there. We've both had dogs all our lives so would be lost without one.

Bye for now

Pauline x
Ann Offline
#2014 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 2:09:47 PM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
Hi all,just got back from Whitby this afternoon,had a nice break and the weather was lovely,now back to realityThumbDown
Mum is not good right now after being told that the thyroid cancer has spread to her lungs and there is little they can do as she has aniplastic cancer which is incurable and it is growing at such a rate that she only has months rather than years to live,all of us are in shock and just taking it daily.Tomorrow she has the radiotherapy mask fitted,then she will be going for one big dose of radiotherapy which they say should ease the pain but wont shrink the mass,i hope she can at least be free of pain,she is being really brave about it all and i know she will try to stay positive but we all know that time is short.
Graham's aunt is very poorly,we saw her a few times while we were away,she now has to use a frame to get around,her features have all changed and her speech is very slurred,she got upset when we said goodbye which was horrible to see,we all hope to see her again but like mum,she knows time is short,it is very sad.
Sorry to be full of doom and gloom but things are very bad at the moment.
The only good thing that's happened is when we got home there was a tax rebate cheque for Graham for £344.20!,nice surprise and good timing as we need all the spare cash we can get,bills dont pay themselves unfortunately.
I am hoping to sell my E2 this week,i sent a text to the lady interested to say i'm back but have had no reply yet.
Anyway folks,must be off,need coffeeThumpUp
MargaretHillman Offline
#2015 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:46:28 PM(UTC)
MargaretHillman

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Oh Ann I am so sorry for you this is a dreadful time for you. I will pray for you amd Aunty and of course your dear Mum. Words just can't help but I shall think of you.
love
margaret
Ang Offline
#2016 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:20:31 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Good evening all,
what a lovely couple of days weather we have had! would be good if it lasted but the forecast doesnt seem to look that way.

Ann - so very sorry to hear about your mom & aunt - try to keep your chin up for their sakes.

Pauline - i wanted another dog but now we have the cats, i think i will leave it at that!! Best of luck! Sorry thought you were talking about a Create not a Expression! Hope you sell it OK, wont be long before people are buying things for christmas presents, so fingers crossed for you.

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying their holidays!

I had to go to the Dentists today, over the weekend my teeth started to hurt - then yesterday i felt like my mouth was going to explode! sounds daft i know, but i was lucky when i rang and got an appointment for today - amazed!! Anyway turns out i have a gum infection and an alcer as well - so now on antibiotics! Thats my glass of wine stopped for a week!! oh well as long as the pain goes it will be worth it!

Whats with the change of look on the forum? looks like we are back to entering security codes as well - how i hate doing that!!
Ann Offline
#2017 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:05:56 PM(UTC)
Ann

Thanks for your kind words,it means a lot to meWub
GOOD NEWS!! I sold my E2!!!,i asked originally for £200,then reduced it down to £180 but had to sell for £160 in the end as the lady was'nt willing to go any higher,i needed to sell it so had to accept,i'm not too sad about it,never did use it much anyway.Still got my pink expression and imagine and ofcourse my gypsy which i would never get rid of,love her!!,I'm thinking that i will have more trouble selling the imagine so may end up keeping it,just using it to print papers and use the expression with the gypsy for everything else.
Hoping to do a car boot in the morning so i should go to bed nowSleep
Shadow Offline
#2018 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:47:39 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi all.

Ann - so sorry to hear about your Mum. Know EXACTLY how you're feeling now - we got the same news about my sister a few years ago and shock doesn't begin to describe the feelings of uselessness. Just take it day by day love Wub Glad to hear you sold your E2 though - what a price drop eh? As I've said many times, folk want stuff for nowt !!! Cheeky sod knew she'd got you over a barrel!

What about the new forum design then? Don't like it one bit. I have it as a favourite and got onto our page straight away. Then because I had to log in, it went to a page where I couldn't see where to go, then I did, then had to go through all the rigmarole again to get onto this page. If it wasn't broke, why fix it Razz

I've also sold my Cuttlebug. Don't ask why (long story) but I seemed to have ended up with two !!! RollEyes so put one on Preloved website at £45 inc postage, and a really lovely lady in Lancs rang up Sunday - over the moon with the fact that she'd found a bargain. She runs a charity group for blind people and wants it for the group. Gave me a code to send it to her post free and I got a building society cheque yesterday for the full amount. Never even tried to knock the price down or anything. Just goes to show eh? There are genuine folk out there.

Incidentally Ann - I've sold loads of stuff on the Preloved website - Google it.

Anyway, better go and pack the bug up for its journey to outer Lancashire LOL LOL

Luv Pauline x
Protter Offline
#2019 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:16:46 AM(UTC)
Protter

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi everyone,

As its the school holidays I have a bit less time to come on here as Ben is keeping me on my toes.

So sorry Ang Love about everything going wrong. Hopefully your luck will change and so will the weather !!! saying that it is pouring right now and its so dark I have all the lights on!

Ann - Bless your heart Love . I am here thinking about you and also saying my prayers. Good luck with the car boot sales. Glad about the tax rebate what a relief.

Susan - Glad you had a nice holiday and that you have been rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous. LOL

HI Margaret BigGrin

Anyone heard from Lynda as she was having a hard time too??

Also sending my love to Adele who is also not had a good time of it.

Hopefully everyone else I missed is ok? *waves*

Pauline - Good news about you being on the list and hope you hear really soon. You and Roger have a lot of love to give. How is your tuckaway getting on?

I have just made a roman blind and I finished my patchwork denim quilt too. I am still making things for the house here BigGrin

I am starting another blog if anyone wants the blog address I will let you have it when I start posting! I had to take the other one down as had problems from people!!! this one will be more anonymous but with all the same sort of stuff.

when do we need to start a new thread? is this one too long yet?

Take care everyone,

Karen xx

Ann Offline
#2020 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:30:56 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,another very wet and windy day here so no car booting for usThumbDown Hopefully it will be a good weekend.
Pauline,well done on selling the surplus cuttlebug and getting a fair price,i have been toying with getting rid of mine as i have the Grand Calibur which i prefer but i would'nt be able to use the all in one folders or my sizzix Tim Holtz dies either so have put it on hold for now,never use the all in one's but love anything Tim!!,shame they wont go through the GC.
I spoke with mum this morning as she had the mask fitting yesterday,she's not too good today,feeling very poorly and sounded it too,she said she wished i was there with her,i feel bad that i dont live nearer but glad that my brother and aunt are there for her,i will have to go down soon.
Graham's just dropping James and the kids home as it's hammering it down out and they were going to get the bus,should be back soon for some lunch so i shall have to go and make something.
Take Care all and have a good daySmile
Hate that we have to put a security code in again!!ThumbDown
Gadget girl Offline
#2021 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:48:07 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Hi all
Just been trying to sign in but it kept coming up with an error. Well I think the site looks a lot better just hope we dont have to keep the code, such a pain.

Anyway managed to do a few cards with the Yummy cart, getting to like it, cant wait to do some bunting also. Some pretty papers on it aswell.

Dragged my youngest son to Exeter where we had a nice day really. Its been quite nice here. I managed to nip into the WHSmiths there and get the lovely Dessert Blooms paper pad by First edition. Just my colours apart from the pinks.

Well done all for selling your stuff even if its lower price its better than collecting dust.

Karen
Thanks I was totally gobsmacked when I realised it was Brosnan. His young son was not impressed by the attention at all though. He looks a lot older in real life.

Anyway bed time.

Susan xx
Shadow Offline
#2022 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:18:47 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi all. Well, didn't it rain yesterday. Bucketed it down Cool

Susan - I didn't mean i didn't like the new site - just all the faffing about to sign in, then get back to our thread. We used to be able to sign in and stay on the thread before. Hope they get rid of the code thing soon as well.

Ann - thanks for reminding me about the Cuttlebug all in one folders. I'd forgotten about them Blink Blushing

Karen - nice to see you on here. How're you doing. You're certainly busy with all your sewing etc. Bet the house is coming along nicely now. Can't wait for new fur baby to arrive. They're due end August, so will just have to be patient until then. Not my strong point I'm afraid. As for the Tuckaway - it's brilliant Cool Was playing with the Imagine the other day, using all sorts of different cards 'n stuff - and it's just made it so easy to see exactly what/where everything is. Great idea to use the top for the Expression as well.

Gonna post Cuttlebug off today. She sent me a Building Society cheque and I'm sure it'll clear as it was there's, not hers. And they wouldn't give her a cheque if she didn't have funds enough to clear.

Bye for now. Off to try the code Flapper

Pauline x

Edited by user Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:18:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Additional info

1 user thanked Shadow for this useful post.
Protter on 8/22/2012(UTC)
addicted2crafts Offline
#2023 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:53:32 AM(UTC)
addicted2crafts

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 98 post(s)
Karen, I totally agree about blogs. I've learned my lesson so mine is pretty much anonymous too. People say way too much about themselves and I for one won't join in. The only thing I've not done is give myself another name which I wish now I had but then there is no surname. Good luck with your new one, I'll look out for it.
 1 user thanked addicted2crafts for this useful post.
Gadget girl Offline
#2024 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:33:21 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya everyone

Been a bit wet here today but mostly just windy, very windy now.

I agree about blogs, Facebook etc and putting any info about yourself out there! A little goes a long way! Don't want to make the baddies life too easy. Just put the bare essentials, if its not asked for dont give it out.

Hopefully PC are listening to its customers at last, not sure if you have seen this so here is a link

Hopefully all this code stuff wont last long. They seem to put it up every-time they change stuff. Least I can log in now!

Hope every one is ok.

Susan

Edited by user Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:39:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added stuff

Gadget girl Offline
#2025 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:48:27 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hello everyone
Its a bit quiet on here today. Just got back from helping my brother clean his holiday home in Westward Ho! Then walked back in the drizzle. Looks like the weathers set for the day.

Just wondered if anyone had a dress form cuts/die and would be prepared to cut me a few? Maybe I could swap some cuts if I have one you want. Just got a few invites to do but is not one I would want to buy.

Just doing yet more greeting cards and some bracelets for my stall next week. Hopfully it is more productive than last month!

A friend rang me up last night and invited me to a first viewing of our local Art society. Some very talented people about. It was also to catch up on her exploits as she had been to China and Hong Kong with college. I did say I would show her round Hong Kong but she couldnt fit me in her suitcase. Crying

Anyhow have a good weekend.
Susan
Ann Offline
#2026 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:26:08 AM(UTC)
Ann

Hi Susan,i would be glad to do some cuts for you,i have the Tim Holtz sewing room die,spellbinder sewing elements(very small)and Forever young cartridge which has an unusual shape dress form,i also have French manor which has a wire frame dress form.Just let me know what you would like and what sort of card etc and i'll get that sorted for you asap.
Ann x
Ann Offline
#2027 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 4:00:21 PM(UTC)
Ann

Susan,your dress form cuts were posted today and should be with you on wednesday,hope they are ok.
Well,where are you all? busy crafting i hope!
We did a car boot yesterday but it started to drizzle late morning and came in heavy so we packed up and went home,still managed to make about £50 so i was happy with that,hoping to do another one on wednesday weather permitting.
My washing machine went wrong yesterday,i called Hotpoint and they are sending someone out tomorrow to fix it,it sounds like the main board needs replacing,was going to cost me £120 which i cant afford right now so i have signed up for the 12 month cover where you pay £11.99 a month and it covers all repaires and a new machine if it cant be fixed,worked out a bit more but i use the machine a lot so figured it might be worth it in the long run and they dont want any cash off me until next monthThumpUp I also have the loft insulation chap coming tomorrow,all free via N power so could'nt say no to that one,we have spent half the day emptying the loft,no mean feat i can tell you as it was chocka,i felt so sorry for Graham as he had to go up and was passing me stuff through the hatch,it was so hot today,i thought he was going to faint at one point,all empty now and everything piled in Terry's room as he's not here at the moment,just got to put it all back when they have finishedThumbDown
I have been a bit naughty and bought some bits of pergamano off our favourite auction site!,started to get back into it again and did'nt have much,am now waiting for my parcel to arrive,i got a real bargain as i know how expensive it all is.
I am considering selling my craft dragon impress as i dont really use it much,i have lots of foils and dies with it,never have got around to doing the rhinestone embellishing yet,also still have not used my felting machine!!!!,only had it 4 months!,just never had chance to play with it.
I am still in the process of sorting out my craft room,at the moment its a real mess,stuff everywhere,need more time,wish you could buy it!could'nt afford it anywayLOL
Anyway all,must go for now.Take care and happy craftingSmile
Gadget girl Offline
#2028 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2012 5:56:43 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya Ann
Thanks for doing those cuts much appreciated.

Just getting ready for craft fair tomorrow. Seem to be taking more with me every time just hope I sell some thing this time.

I had to take insurance out for my boiler as it was playing up on me but least is guaranteed till next year now. Cant do without water and heating.

Are you going sell your falting and foiling machine, I am trying not to buy too much more now as its my last year in college and it will be manic. Just waiting for the new CTMH cart Artiste and got an online class with Heidi Swapp starting tomorrow and thats all at the moment.

Anyway hope everyone is well and crafting away.

Susan xx
Shadow Offline
#2029 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:25:22 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi all.

Susan - my Artiste cartridge came 10 days ago - ordered it from Stamps Alive - it's brilliant. You'll love it when yours comes Love So many images - a really good buy IMO.

Just got back from Morrisons - apparently Kingsmill have discontinued their 50/50 medium loaf range (Morrisons say) - but I've been on the Kingsmill website and it's not discontinued. I've emailed them to ask if it's true and if not will be taking it up with Morrisons. Am totally sick of being told what I can/cannot eat!

Pauline x
Ann Offline
#2030 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:36:56 AM(UTC)
Ann

Afternoon all.Hope you are all well today.It is quite dull and windy here but atleast no rain yet.
Both the hotpoint man and loft insulaters been and gone thankfully,the hotpoint man was really grumpy,it turned out to be a fault with the door locking mechanism but it took him nearly an hour to figure it out and he then said we must have broken it ourselves!!He had never had to repair one before apparently and first said it was the motor,then the control board which he replaced too!! They only get a 20 minute slot at each house so he was well behind.
We now have the job of sorting through the stuff that came out of the loft before deciding what to put back up,not relishing it as it is all piled high in Tez's room,and it's quite a big room!
Tomorrow we are hoping to do a car boot,hopefully it will be worth it,wednesday one's are always a bit hit and miss.
I see there is a spellbinders POD on at 9pm tonight on ideal world,i shall record just to see whats on but definitely no buying.
I have been let down twice this past week with sales,Graham went to a womans house with rubber stamps and she was'nt in and another person was supposed to come to mine and did'nt turn up,also,nearly forgot!a woman from Bristol was coming to mine with some stuff i was buying from her and arranged to come 2 days running and still did'nt turn up!!,no explanation or apologies,just not good enough is it,especially if you stay in waiting,rant over!!
Suppose i better go and get on with stuff,work tonight,not looking forward to it at allThumbDown
Gadget girl Offline
#2031 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:28:56 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hiya everybody

I did ok at the craft fair today. Everyone that came to my stall said good things and I sold quite a lot of stuff. All on my blogg. I sold the Stained glass teddy bear I made a few months ago too. Not to the woman that ordered it, no idea what happened to her. My books were very popular so I can go on making them!

My Artiste cart is due to arrive any time, stalking the postman time. I ordered a few extra stamps as well.

Ann
Glad you got your loft done I had mine done when I first moved into my house and they did draft proofing round windows and such. Mine is an old Victorian house so needs lots of draftproofing and stuff. It all helps. Blooming work men eh its not your fault the problem was hard to find. I hate it when you wait in and they dont turn up. Hope you do well on your bootsale. Wish I was nearer not been to a good boot sale in ages.

Just getting ready for my online class! Got to cut all the paper as per instructions. Just hope my internet is up to the challenge.

Anyway got to get on.

Susan

Protter Offline
#2032 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:29:30 PM(UTC)
Protter

Hi everyone,

I am back!

Busy as always ... made a roman blind for my stairs and landing last week and tonight did a mini makeover on my kitchen table!! Cool

Social services contacted me today to inform me that due to the last few outings they have decided that Ben now needs 2:1 respite carers when taking him out in the community from now on which they will fund Huh which I appreciate he needs but how the hell do they think I manage on my own with him when I take him out. I have a shopper bag thing on wheels that helps and we do short trips to metro tesco on foot to buy one of two things max (I am doing this to hopefully help always keep options open and just in case I need something urgently, I also want the community to accept him) as I can't manage him and a shopping bag but its always a challenge (Pauline has met Ben and can vouch he's like a very large baby only stronger!!!) anyway yesterday and today had bad experiences from the public who this week are very intolerant Angry

Last night he didn't sleep at all not a wink but did nap from 10.30am - 1pm so I got my head down then ... fingers crossed for tonight.

It's system all go here on Thursday as I am having my wet room tiled and fencing in my garden. i can't wait!!!

Still waiting to hear from the local college about an evening course in dressmaking which is starting Sept. I sent in the application ages ago and when I last asked they said the lady was on holiday until tomorrow *rolls eyes*.

I hope Misty Love is ok? and love to everyone else too. Love

Karen xx

ps is it me or does the security image text never match first go???
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#2033 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:57:48 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Hi Ladies Love Love Love
Just a quick "Hello" to let you know I'm still around BigGrin
Sorry I cannot read through all the past post's as my eyes are still bad, so screwing my eyes up to see gives me a headache really quicklySad
Hope everyone is well?
I'm missing you guysSad
Huge hugs
Adele
 1 user thanked ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ for this useful post.
Protter Offline
#2034 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:22:57 AM(UTC)
Protter

Originally Posted by: ♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ladies Love Love Love
Just a quick "Hello" to let you know I'm still around BigGrin
Sorry I cannot read through all the past post's as my eyes are still bad, so screwing my eyes up to see gives me a headache really quicklySad
Hope everyone is well?
I'm missing you guysSad
Huge hugs
Adele

Awww Adele, miss you too xxxx

Susan - my artiste cart and bits came today. Yay!

Karen xx
 1 user thanked Protter for this useful post.
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ on 8/22/2012(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#2035 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:36:38 AM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Hi KarenLove Love Love
The Artiste cart is as good as AP, love it!!BigGrin
Thankfully the MB is sending out emails again, to let us know we have a postBigGrin I haven't had that in monthsSad
Hugs
Adele
Shadow Offline
#2036 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:34:05 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Hi all.

Karen - yes, I can vouch for Ben being a very strong little boy - but ADORABLE !!! Really don't know how the public can be so intolerant. Makes me so angry the attitude of some peeps Mad You're doing well getting all your jobs done. Ben will be able to play out in the garden when you get it all sorted - hoping we get some good weather that is Cool Pity we don't live nearer Karen - Roger & me'd be able to help you out. As for your dressmaking course - have you considered a tailoring course ??? I did one years ago and learned how to line coats etc as well as the basic dressmaking stuff. Was really useful. You're really into your sewing aren't you.

I was watching the PoD last night - really liked the enhancements dies so ordered the butterfly/flowers one at IconUK - price £15.49 post free! LOL LOL Don't you just love it. Also ordered the flower background die - can't remember its name but it sold out on C&C.

My back went last week (don't know why/how) but it did! So far, we're more than a week later and it's no better. Having to use 24.7 painkillers which aren't helping much, and also using the ThermaCare back pads which do help out a bit. Rang GP yesterday for acupuncture but she's on holiday and can't fit me in until 20th September OhMyGod But have made the appointment 'cos I'm in such pain and need somat else. Roll on. That takes us to the week before Disney, so fingers crossed it helps - it usually does. I don't know, can't get on for going lately.

Nice to see you back Adele. Hope the peepers soon improve.

Bye for now

Pauline x

Edited by user Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:35:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gadget girl Offline
#2037 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:48:41 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Hi all
Glad to see Karen and Adele still with us and managing to craft. Love

This is the 2nd time I have written this as I had just clicked the post button after putting the code in and it wiped it all out!! Ugh!! Forgotten what I was gonna say now!Confused

I am a bit weary as I took part in the Heidi Swapp color magic live online show. It was fabulous. We made 3 cards and an envelope and I more or less kept up with her but it was quite fast. Am glad I prepared it all before hand and even coloured my paper etc. The next one is tomorrow, and I probably shouldnt stay up for it but probably will. Its a good atmosphere with lots of like minded crafters. It takes place at 2.30am for an hour so as soon as it finished I just crashed into bed no messing. Will post photos on my blogg as soon as I can. I just love Heidi Swapps stuff!Love

Ann thanks ever so much for doing those cuts they are perfect. ThumpUp
Pauline hope ya back gets sorted out before the hols. Smile

Anyway gotta go

Susan
Ann Offline
#2038 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:54:55 AM(UTC)
Ann

Good afternoon all,hope you are all good today.
I have had 2 ladies over to buy some crafty bits,i am now £25 richer!not a lot but as a famous supermarket says every little helps!!,keep the wolf from the door anyway.
We did the car boot yesterday and made about £40,it was very windy but managed to stay dry which was good.Wish someone wanted to buy the imagine,then i would have so much more room but so far nobody really interested.
My Pergamano stuff just arrived,there is so much and i got it for a song so no complaints,just need time now to play,maybe the weekend.
I did'nt get to watch any of the spellbinders shows yesterday but looked online and most of the stuff i already have so i'm not fussed,still probably got more sets i want to get rid of when i can find time to do some sorting out,i know i have grand scalloped ovals and grand dahlia that i probably will never use so they will be going.
Mum is still waiting for a radiotherapy appointment and macmillan dont seem to be doing a very good job of calling in on her,they were supposed to come last friday and still hav'nt shown their face,i am disgusted with them to be honest and expected better.I am hoping to get down to Newquay next weekend with 2 of my boys but it's not definite yet so i hav'nt said anything to mum as i dont want to let her down if it does'nt happen.
Susan,glad you are happy with the cuts,that is the first time i used that die and like the results,Tim Holtz never fails to impress me,i wish i had half his talent,his books and dvds are really good too,i have them all and would recommend them to anyone.
Anyway all,must be off for now,need caffeine!!LOL
Ann Offline
#2039 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 1:25:43 PM(UTC)
Ann

Hi all,just to let you know that i have decided to sell my craft dragon and my felting machine if anyone is interested.The craft dragon has been used a few times but the felting machine is brand new,i have taken it out of the box to look at but have never found time to use it.
Hope you are all well
I am very tired tonight as i had overtime today and it was so busy,i'm just going to watch tv for a bit and get an early night.
Take careSmile
Protter Offline
#2040 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 2:14:39 AM(UTC)
Protter

Ann - You seem to do quite well with your car boots. My ex's house has a full loft still so I will need to sort and do stuff with that sometime. Most of it is toys that are like new that unfortunately were bought or given to my son but because he was Autistic he never wanted or played with them. I know though (or I am told) toys don't fetch much but I can try and make him some money and buy some of his favourite books and dvd's instead.

Had a really weird thing happen ... although a really nice thing! I received a parcel that enclosed a handmade ribbon reel storage system/holder. It can be painted/altered. It was sent to me with no note. The only clues were an original courier label (not the courier used to get it to me). I contacted the original courier senders details and it was an ebay seller who said it was bought and paid for and sent to the purchaser in Birmingham. It was then obviously packed up and posted to me first class recorded at a further cost of almost £9. The ebay seller said as it is paid for to just enjoy it but its really strange. No one here has sent me a present have they???

A wet day today. Garden was flattened out last week and all shrubs and trees removed so a blank canvas to start again BigGrin . Fencing going up this week - lovely six foot stuff. New tiles started going up in wet room on Friday and all weekend and today the grouting then a new shower being installed I think Tuesday or wednesday. Been washing in an over sized bucket and using the sink LOL LOL

On Friday this week I am going to look at a weaving loom as the bloke I am seeing his Dad farms Alpaca and he has offered to buy me one if I can use it with his wool from his Alpaca fleece ....the shop are going to demonstrate and see if it is something I like or I can do ...LOL

Hope everyone is well?

Lots of love Love

Karen xx