Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DaphneSampson Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:36:34 PM(UTC)
DaphneSampson

Groups: Registered

I am wondering if it is possible to select which overlay pieces you want to cut using specific colours, rather than cutting the whole overlay 5 times. I need to cut the hula girl and am tired of having all the extra pieces? I have CCR and design studio.
Thanks a bunchLOL
enolamom Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:24:05 PM(UTC)
enolamom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
I'm not sure I know what you're asking since I don't have that cartridge, but if you use DS, can you use the "hide selected contours" feature to block out the things you don't want cut for a given color?

OK, I just looked it up on DS. I see that the layer cuts her hair, the skirt, some flowers, etc. It would be tedious, but you could hide selected contours for everything but the hair for example. Then when you put your paper in, it would only cut the hair in whatever color you loaded. You would then have to repeat the process for the skirt, the flowers, etc. It would take some time, but you wouldn't have lots of extra cuts and you should save some paper too.

That's the only thing I can think of right now, but I'm sure someone will offer another/better suggestion.