Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

KathyRoscoe Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:53:28 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Did anyone else get the CCR survey via email? I completed mine this morning.
ladybugstamper Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:12:37 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
A lot of people did, there's a big thread about it on General Chat.

I filled it out, not too much to say about the program since I don't care to sit at a computer and design, same reason I didn't care all that much for Design Studio. I do prefer to use my Gypsy.

KathyRoscoe Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:25:47 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Just saw the thread on Cricut Chat. This is what I posted there:

I completed my survey this morning and it was bluntly honest. The hypothetical CCR is wonderful and amazing....a fantastic idea for crafting software. It is just no where near that after months of beta testing by us...the end users. I sometimes feel that PC's R&D department takes a shortcut in designing and testing their products including machines and software and lets us find the problems for them. Banging our heads against a brick wall instead of theirs. CCR was not ready even for beta testing when it was released. Finally, I feel that I have been a beta tester for products that I bought off the shelf in a retail store or from HSN, especially the Imagine. PC is always releasing products that aren't really ready for the retail market, IMHO. And I am always too quick to buy them
ShawnMosch Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 6:49:27 AM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Was thanked: 854 time(s) in 292 post(s)
I took the survey also, and there was something missing from the survey (in my mind) . . . . a place to enter general comments/complaints/errors and problems.

If there WOULD have been a section for this I would have mentioned that it is just plain SILLY to have a Wish List that is separate from the list of cartridges you own. Why not have ONE LIST and you can mark if you own it or just want it . . . then when you do purchase it you just need to update the ONE LIST changing that cartridge from "want" to "own"

Also, when cutting a design that uses multiple cartridges I HATE IT that you get a message that says "Wrong Cartridge! Insert . . . " then you insert that cartridge and it says okay, but then when it is trying to detect the next cartridge it says "Wrong Cartridge! Insert . . . " again. The fact that it says "wrong" cartridge with an exclamation point makes it look like the program is "yelling at us" that we did something wrong, when really the system just needs to detect the next cartridge. Why not "Looking for Cupcake Wrappers. Please Insert Cartridge", the the cartridge detected message and then "Looking for Lyrical Letters. Please Insert Cartridge" . . . see how much nicer that sounds.

I also think that the search feature is still only about as good at the Gypsy or Design Studio, but I am not going to complain about that. :)
cricutkris Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 8:54:06 AM(UTC)
cricutkris

Was thanked: 448 time(s) in 225 post(s)
I have not received a survey. Crying
Tupperstamper Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 4:40:06 PM(UTC)
Tupperstamper

United States

Was thanked: 666 time(s) in 403 post(s)
I got the survey and filled it out.

Lisa