Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Susydan Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:05:44 AM(UTC)
Susydan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi went to cut my first image from cricut craftroom today and it said no usable cutting machine was connected. I unplugged my expression 2, closed down ccr then started again. It said the drivers were installed but still wouldn't cut as I still got the same error message. Please advise.
Susy

Edited by user Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:12:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:26:15 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8090 time(s) in 4733 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Susydan Go to Quoted Post
Hi went to cut my first image from cricut craftroom today and it said no usable cutting machine was connected. I unplugged my expression 2, closed down ccr then started again. It said the drivers were installed but still wouldn't cut as I still got the same error message. Please advise.
Susy

Have you noted in the OPTIONS menu on the left hand side of CCR screen what machine you are using? If you're using more than one machine in CCR, I think it might be easy to forget to go to OPTIONS and change the information. You would have to change this information everytime you change machines. In fact, you might have to change the information, reboot (you shouldn't have to do this, but it's worth a try if nothing else is working) and right before the flashing dash comes up to reboot your machine, be sure you plug in the same machine you have noted in OPTIONS.

I know everyone has probably tried this a hundred times and maybe it does or doesn't work; but, when we're having problems, anything is worth another try!!

Char
mallorym Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:27:46 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Susydan Go to Quoted Post
Susy

I recommend reading through and trying out the below. Let me know if it does or does not help.

1)Is your Cricut’s firmware up to date? For Expression 2, the firmware numbers can be found in the Cricut's LCD screen in the ABOUT menu. If your machine needs a firmware update, check out the Cricut Sync program. The most recent firmware for Expression 2 is 0027

(2)Check that driver's are installed correctly. - sounds like you already did this one, but including it for others if they come across this post.

(3)Do you hear a “beep” sound when you connect the Cricut to the computer? If not, try a different USB port on your computer.

(4)Is Cricut Design Studio or Cricut Sync running at the same time? These programs sometimes interfere with the USB communication, so make sure those programs are closed before opening Craft Room.

(5)Do you have more than one Cricut machine connected to your computer? Disconnect the USB connection to any machines not currently in use.

(6)Turn on the Cricut and connect it to the computer before opening Craft Room. When you click the CUT button, wait at least 30 seconds for the computer and Cricut to communicate.

(7)If after 30 seconds you are still seeing the “No Usable Devices Available” message, unplug the USB cord from the computer, plug it back in, and wait 30 seconds.

(8)If you are still seeing the “No Usable Devices Available” message, power off the Cricut, power it back on, and wait 30 seconds
 2 users thanked mallorym for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 9/19/2011(UTC), COWStamper on 9/19/2011(UTC)
sweetpea1030 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 5:20:50 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1605 time(s) in 1020 post(s)
Like CricketCMV said. I think CCR defaults to the Imagine. One of the things I notice when I did the update was there's now a screen that will come up when you're ready to cut that gives a listing of what machine you'd like to use. Great feature...now if I could just get rid of the bridge error and cut it would be wonderful.

I really do like CCR. It's a good competitive program for those of us who are not rocket scientists when it comes to manipulating software to do exactly what you want it to do. I am really good following directions. So I just want to know what buttons to push, where to click ...

If I never work with another .svg file, there's plenty of creating power offered in CCR.

P.S. We're assuming you've updated both your E2 and Imagine with CricutSync.
 1 user thanked sweetpea1030 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 9/19/2011(UTC)