Cricut is seeking an amazing designer to join our Creative Services Team. We are a leading consumer products and technology company that is engaged in helping millions of people express themselves creatively with the Cricut® electronic cutting systems. The Cricut® launched in 2005 and revolutionized the paper crafts industry. Today, millions of people use our products to create projects that range from greeting cards, scrapbooks, home décor, school projects—anything that allows people to capture their memories and share these with their loved ones. In the end, what inspires our consumers inspires us. Create More. Live More!
About the Cricut Creative Services Team
You’ll be a part of a team that loves to speak to the customer and collaborate as a team. You will be allowed opportunities each and every day to directly impact the Cricut brand.
We are a services team that assists all of the amazing things our company does. We create beautiful brand experiences, whether in a physical or digital sense. We know we are really lucky to call the activities we participate in “work” but that doesn’t mean that we don’t work hard. Each of our responsibilities greatly impacts our company’s goals and because of that, everything we do has high visibility to senior management. We give a voice to the brand.
- Meeting internal clients to discuss their needs, and then interpreting and meeting their business objectives.
- Developing design briefs by gathering comprehensive information and data to clarify design issues, and then contributing design guidelines to the overall brief.
- Working closely with other project team members to form a productive creative partnership and briefing other members of the creative team to communicate creative requirements
- Conducting creative research to clarify design issues and define styles for projects.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and being proactive in presenting ideas and designs to internal clients.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief in order to meet the constraints of cost, time, and customer needs. Interpreting core project objectives/requirements and developing creative concepts to suit.
- Confident in presenting ideas and designs to prospective customers and account staff, and routinely demonstrating good understanding of creative process through performance.
- Multi-tasking: regularly working on more than one design brief at a time, using a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, and computer software.
- Managing multiple tight deadlines and producing accurate, creative, and high quality results which meet the marketing guidelines.
- Keeping abreast of developments in computer software, particularly design applications.
- Working well in a team with other designers, copywriters, photographers, account executives, printers, vendors, website designers, and marketing specialists.
- Coordinating in-house production and outside services. Overseeing work of lower-level graphic designers.
- Establishing and maintaining professional standards for the company’s corporate identity and communication needs.
- Monitoring and tracking production projects to ensure proper and timely completion; working with outside vendors to meet production deadlines
The graphic designer produces visual solutions to the communication needs of clients, using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness. Designers need imaginative flair, awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages, and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design. Must be able to demonstrate strong conceptualization skills and talent for selecting the appropriate media and style to meet the business objectives of the client. Designers should be proficient in all aspects of design and able to produce output-ready files for a full spectrum of creative outputs. Usually requires a college degree plus 6-8 years relevant experience, or equivalent.
Computers and Electronics – Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software, including graphic applications, peripherals, servers, and networks.
Communications and Media – Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of layouts, photography, illustrations, and images. Strong knowledge of typography and demonstrated color calibration and photo manipulation skills. Strong comprehension of color printing technologies as well as strong technical experience, understanding and capability in preparing production-ready files to specifications as set out by suppliers.
Project Management – Managing workflow and deadlines on multiple projects at once, allocating the relevant amount of time according to the value of the job and keeping detailed daily records of time spent on projects and posting them to the central time management system.
Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Fine Arts – Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and perform works of visual arts, sculpture, drama, dance, and/or music.
What to Do Next: Apply Now
If you're interested in joining the Cricut team, please send us a cover letter, along with your resume, telling us why no other candidate is more right for the position than you. You can be sure that Cricut is a workplace that values individuality and variety. In this role, it is essential that you are not like everyone else. We don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! Along with your cover letter and resume, please submit a portfolio (PDF or link).I Iff you are a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, that means a lot to us, and we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!