ANNOUNCING CRICUT GYPSY™ LINKING AND REPAIR OPTIONS
We are pleased to announce that you are now able to link your Cricut Gypsy™ device to the Cricut Craft Room® design software! That means you can access all of your content, both digital and cartridges, on your Cricut Gypsy™ device and your Cricut Craft Room® account simultaneously.
We know that there are many who love the flexibility of using their Cricut Gypsy™ device. That’s why we’ve also spent numerous hours developing a repair process. If you experience issues with your Cricut Gypsy™ device, you now have the option to repair it.
Read the FAQs below about the repair process, or see all the Gypsy repair options to learn more. Express and Standard turnaround repair options are available, and all repairs include a 90 day warranty.
While we are dedicated to providing ongoing support and repair options for the Cricut Gypsy™ device, we have made the decision to stop production on the current Cricut Gypsy™ model. This will allow us to focus our efforts and prioritize our product offering. We will still offer support and content updates for the Cricut Gypsy™ device.
We will also stop providing updates to the Cricut DesignStudio® software in order to focus those resources on creating and improving the Cricut® experience. We will still offer support, but there will be no further content updates for the Cricut DesignStudio® software.
We hope that the linking and repair options for your Cricut Gypsy™ device enable you to continue to create how and when you want to. We know that the wait for these new options has been long—we appreciate your patience and are confident that you will find them worth the wait!
Welcome to Gypsy linking! Just follow these steps to link your cartridges between your Cricut Gypsy™ device and the Cricut Craft Room® design software.
- First, you’ll want to make sure you have the latest version of Cricut Craft Room® installed. You can download the latest version at www.cricut.com/home/craftroom. (If you need help downloading Cricut Craft Room®, watch the how-to videos at www.cricut.com/home/support/video-faqs.)
- You’ll also want to be sure you have the latest version of Cricut® Sync, which is available at www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync.
- To start the linking process, you’ll need to update your Cricut Gypsy™ device. Connect it to your computer and power it on. Cricut® Sync will open and you will see an update screen.
- You will need to update the Firmware and the Support Content in order to link your Cricut Gypsy™ device to Cricut Craft Room®, but the Cricut Imagine® updates are completely optional and do not need to be checked if you do not own a Cricut Imagine® machine. You can uncheck those if you’d like.
- Click on "Update Now."
- The update will be complete in about 5-10 minutes. You’ll be required to restart your Cricut Gypsy™ device during the process.
- At the end of the update, you’ll see a screen showing the update to a firmware version of 0232 and a content version of 0249 or higher.
- Close Cricut® Sync, but leave your Cricut Gypsy™ device connected to your computer.
- Open the Cricut Craft Room® design software and log in.
- From the top menu, under “Options,” select “Link Gypsy.”
You will see a screen with details about linking your Cricut Gypsy™ device.
- First you’ll want to click on "Sync." This connects any content from Cricut Craft Room® to your Cricut Gypsy™ device, similar to digital content updating.
- Then, click on "Uplink." This will upload content from your Cricut Gypsy™ device to Cricut Craft Room®.
- To perform the first Uplink, you will need to agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the content uplink is finished, you’ll see a screen saying both actions are complete.
- Click "close." That’s it! All cartridges from your Cricut Gypsy™ device are now linked to your Cricut Craft Room® account and vice versa!