Google Chrome has posted a notice that the Cricut plugin will soon be unsupported. Do not be alarmed, a Cricut update will be released shortly to resolve this issue.
Finding Single Images
To find single images in the Cricut Craft Room® design software, follow these steps (click the links to see a screenshot of the step):
- Make sure the Show Cricut Imagine® Images box at the bottom left is checked.
- To see all single images available, enter the word “single” in the search box..
- To look for a specific single image, look under “All Cartridges” —the single images are labeled as “Cartridge Name - Image Number” (e.g., “Create A Critter - 2”).
Purchasing Single Images
Follow these steps to purchase single digital images (click the links to see a screenshot of the step):
- For images found in Cricut Craft Room®, click the Buy button in the cartridge view. Your Cricut.com cart will open in a browser window. Complete your purchase on Cricut.com as normal.
- Your image will be unlocked and ready to use in Cricut Craft Room® when you finish checking out.
- For images found on Cricut.com, simply click Buy Digital and check out as normal.
CUTTING SINGLE IMAGES ON A CRICUT EXPRESSION® OR CRICUT EXPRESSION® 2
If you’re using a Cricut Expression® or Cricut Expression® 2 machine, follow these steps to cut your single image
(click the links to see a screenshot of the step):
- In Cricut Craft Room®, set the “Default Machine” in the left menu to Cricut Imagine®.
- Pull your image to the mat.
- Click "Edit Group" and then "Separate". This will separate the image into layers.
- To move the image layers onto individual mat layers, click Exit.
- Re-select the image and then click Ungroup in the top menu.
- Select the layer you want to move, right click, and select Cut. (You can also select Cut from the File menu.)
- Then click on the mat you want to move the layer to, right click, and select Paste. (You can also select Paste from the File menu.)
- When you’re ready to cut, keep the machine selected as Cricut Imagine®, even if you aren’t using a Cricut Imagine®. Click Go in the upper right hand corner.
- You will see a message saying “Incompatible Mat Size.” Click OK.
- In the following lightbox, change the drop down menu from “Print and Cut” to “Cut”, and click Go in the lower right hand corner.
- Load the cutting mat and click Continue.
- A lightbox will appear telling you the image is “Cutting.” The image will cut one layer at a time. You will need to load and unload your mat between cutting layers.
CUTTING SINGLE IMAGES ON A CRICUT MINI®
If you’re using a Circut Mini® machine, follow these steps to cut your single image (click the links to see a screenshot of the step):
- In Cricut Craft Room®, set the “Default Machine” in the left menu to Cricut Mini®.
- Pull your image to the mat.
- Select the image, click Edit Group and then "Separate". This will separate the image into layers.
- Pick the first layer you want to cut and drag all other layers off the mat, to the right.
- Click Exit.
- Add a new mat and drag the same image onto the new mat from the image library.
- Separate the image into layers as before by clicking Edit Group and then Separate.
- Drag everything but the second layer of the image off the side of the mat and click Exit, as before.
- Repeat this process for any additional layers until you have each individual layer of the image on a separate mat.
- When you’re ready to cut, click Cut in the upper right.
- Load your mat into the machine and confirm your machine settings. When you’re ready, click Cut again in the bottom right.
- You will see an error message saying that “One or more of your cut images are not positioned entirely on the mat.” Click OK.
- Once one layer is cut, reload your mat and click Cut again to repeat the process for each layer (the error message will not reappear).